Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Stig said:

I absolutely loved singing We Sent The Palace Down. I can't hear the Amarillo song now without getting warm tingles at how bloody brilliant that day was. The positions of the clubs has changed (at least temporarily), but nothing can take away that memory. Riviera is absolutely spot on, lets wallow in the moment.

Agree about Amarillo, similar to Daydream Believer after the play off final for me.
  • That's why they, really, need to announce their decision before this weekend, I believe.

Sky are correct, if Rotherham win but if they all lose Millwall and Wigan are also relegated, and I can't see a win in any of those teams this weekend.
  • That's why they, really, need to announce their decision before this weekend, I believe.

Sky are correct, if Rotherham win but if they all lose Millwall and Wigan are also relegated, and I can't see a win in any of those teams this weekend.
    The only caveat to that is that you do get some strange results at the arse end of the season.
  • If they stay up then it's one mans fault.
    Lawrie Wilson.
    He would've charltonised a complete club to somehow finish below them and ruin our lives.

So it'd be Charlton's fault for Charltonising Lawrie before sending him off to help in a relegation scrap?

Who's at fault if they stay up?
  • Kap10 said:

That's why they, really, need to announce their decision before this weekend, I believe.

The only caveat to that is that you do get some strange results at the arse end of the season.
    Indeed, but I would have thought that it is very likely that at least one of the two will be relegated by 5pm on Saturday, so the League's decision needs to be known by then.
  • Anyone got any update on the hearing, inside source at the FA perhaps?
  • Nearly there...

• edited April 2015
    I honestly think they are going to do it next week hoping that it makes no difference to the relegation battle
  • Sponsored links:

• Dannoo_86 said:

cabbles said:

Anyone got any update on the hearing, inside source at the FA perhaps?

@colin1961 ??
    I heard he was busy organising Jackson's potential send off at the Bournemouth game
  • Nearly there...

Just sat down to my lunch.
  • Apparently the decision will be made on Rotherham this afternoon. Expect a three point deduction.
  • edited April 2015
    the filth will escape their jammy way out of it
    3 point deduction for Rotherham will give them the lift they need before the Derby match and the slags will get out of it
    gutted
  • Just breaking on sky sports news ..... Manager Steve Evans has said the decision will be announced within the next 24 hours
  • From the Rotherham OS yesterday, more if you wish to go to their site and read.

The charge will be heard by a three-man disciplinary commission with the verdict expected in the next couple of days.

The Football League have confirmed the South Yorkshire club will be open to the "full range of punishments", which includes a potential points deduction.

The Millers have vowed to fight the charge, hiring top QC Jim Sturman to defend them, but a three-point deduction is thought to be the likeliest punishment should they be found guilty.
  • Thanks Colin :smile:
  • Will we see MillwallFan again?

• Sponsored links:

• To answer my own question - if they stay up its a dead cert.
  • Steve Evans has revealed Rotherham will find out whether they will be deducted points for fielding an ineligible player before the weekend.

The Millers were sanctioned by the Football League last week as they played Derby defender Farrend Rawson in their 1-0 win over Brighton on Easter Monday after his youth loan had expired and the paperwork over an extension was not dealt with correctly.

They have had to endure a nervy wait to discover their fate after the league said a disciplinary panel would hear the case at "the earliest opportunity", while also indicating that the club will be open to the "full range of punishments", which includes a potential points deduction.

The three-man panel is finally set to meet on Thursday, with Evans expecting news of his club's fate in the next 24 hours.

"It's going to happen very soon," the Scot, whose side host Norwich on Saturday, said. "It's not my job to talk when it is and when it's not, it will be soon enough.

"I've been told this morning that we hope it will be concluded by the time we arrive here on Saturday, whether that's today or tomorrow I am not 100 per cent sure."

The Millers have vowed to fight the charge, hiring top QC Jim Sturman to defend them, but a three-point deduction is thought to be the likeliest punishment should they be found guilty.

But Evans insists he does not know the strength of his club's defence and has not been involved.

"I am not involved in the case, all I know is the chairman that has spent many hours heading the football club on this with a legal representative, I've not been involved in any of the meetings because it is not my department," he added.

"I have almost been kept at a distance.

"You have to accept there's been an error. Certainly, knowing people inside this football club, no one means to make an error.

"I don't want to cast judgement on people who make genuine mistakes. I have made enough of them. I have often said that in my career and I mean it."
  • vffvff
    edited April 2015
    Rotherham fielded an ineligible player in a fixture they won, Difficult seeing a result other than them forfeiting the game, and a fine. If they had lost the game it would be just a fine. The presence of top notch law representation may help to reduce the size of of the fine (I have been watching Suits on Netflix). With a deduction of 3 points, they will end being 1 point ahead of Millwall.

Rotherham have 3 games left, Millwall 2. Millwall will be playing Derby with something to play for and Wolves probably not. Wigan are still in there as well.

Fixtures:

Sat 25:04:15 ; Millwall V Derby : Rotherham V Norwich : Wigan V Wolves

Tues 28:04:15 Rotherham V Reading

Sat 02:05:15 ; 12:15 : Brentford V Wigan ; Leeds V Rotherham : Wolves V Millwall

It's going be a close run thing. Not counting any chickens yet.
    Curb_It said:

Will we see MillwallFan again?

Most likely.
    This is the guy who would spend his time on Charltonlife when his own team were playing!
    He loves it on here too much.
  • vff said:

Rotherham fielded an ineligible player in a fixture they won, Difficult seeing a result other than them forfeiting the game, and a fine. If they had lost the game it would be just a fine. The presence of top notch law representation may help to reduce the size of of the fine (I have been watching Suits on Netflix). With a deduction of 3 points, they will end being 1 point ahead of Millwall.

Rotherham have 3 games left, Millwall 2. Millwall will be playing Derby with something to play for and Wolves with something not. Wigan are still in there as well.

Fixtures:

Sat 25:04:15 ; Millwall V Derby : Rotherham V Norwich : Wigan V Wolves

Tues 28:04:15 Rotherham V Reading

Sat 02:05:15 ; 12:15 : Brentford V Wigan ; Leeds V Rotherham : Wolves V Millwall

It's going be a close run thing. Not counting any chickens yet.

They will get out of it, and we will forever remember this season as the one they fluked their way out of relegation.

We were joking about something like this happening a month ago. Can you believe it actually did happen?!?! You couldn't make it up.
  • Dont worry, the three points we took off them will send them down.

Oh, wait a minute....
  • At the time I was gutted when Rotherham scored a late goal against us to equalise, but now I'm thinking that maybe the point that keeps the millers up.
  • markmc68 said:

At the time I was gutted when Rotherham scored a late goal against us to equalise, but now I'm thinking that maybe the point that keeps the millers up.

I am still gutted Ward got that equalizer, because I support Charlton and want us to win every game
  • I hope millwallfan hasn't gone and done anything silly.

Like buy a new season ticket.