Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Macronate said:

"The Millers have vowed to fight the charge, hiring top QC Jim Sturman to defend them, but a three-point deduction is thought to be the likeliest punishment should they be found guilty."

time to earn your considerable wages Jimbo.

Chant for the Birmingham game:

'One Jimmy Sturman. There's only one Jimmy Sturman'
  • bobmunro said:

We need the voice of reason here - where's Big Bad World when you need him?

I'm here, Bob. I've skim read the love in between @oohaahmortimer and @MillwallFan and enjoyed it as much as the next man.

Very silly from both sides as neither come out of it in a good light. Plenty of backtracking and name calling, which is unfortunate considering the relatively non existent rivalry between us.

On to the game and our plight. As I said a while a go, we're down. I accepted it a couple of months ago so last night's result didn't really bother me. Yes it would have been nice to win but that would only have prolonged the inevitable (not that it's a foregone conclusion as yet).

League One will be a better stomping ground for the influx of youth in next seasons team. It'll also allow us to get some players off of our books that are deluded enough to think they can cut it at another Championship club.

Onwards and upwards.

To the rest of you, thank you for your kind words of support on this thread. Without your support I think we'd have been officially relegated weeks ago. Give yourselves a pat on the back ;-)

If you have got any good youth players do you not think that they will be off/poached as well as the out of contract players?
  • TBH, looking at their team, and I'm not being muggy?, but I cant see anyone in their team that would make us better. I thought maybe Forde but now think Hendo is a better goalie.
  • TBH, looking at their team, and I'm not being muggy?, but I cant see anyone in their team that would make us better. I thought maybe Forde but now think Hendo is a better goalie.

Just a shame Martin O'Neil cant see that
  • Sid Nelson would be a good signing at CB. Young and local.

Thought they had a few decent players. They will stay down for a few years, find a decent manager again and come back up, stay in div 2 for a few years until they lose that manager and their best players and then slip back to Div 3. It's what they do.
  • Always liked Jimmy Abdou, 30 now but still good enough for someone in the championship.
    Out of contract in the summer.
    Can't see them losing too many players though.
  • @big_bad_world Do you think Harris will stay?
  • I'm sure Fuller would still have more impact than Church. Wonder where Ric will end up?
  • Sponsored links:

• Kap10 said:

@big_bad_world Do you think Harris will stay?

Definitely. In what capacity will be the question.

I'd like to see him given the job permanently as he's worked with a lot of the younger players that will be, in my opinion, staking a claim for a starting spot in League One.

Being the club's all time leading scorer and all round legend (considering everything he's been through) should also help as he should already be looked at with a degree of respect from his fellow pros that another manager may not get.

If he does get it then I hope that people don't turn on him if things start to go a bit bendy.

• Uboat said:

Macronate said:

"The Millers have vowed to fight the charge, hiring top QC Jim Sturman to defend them, but a three-point deduction is thought to be the likeliest punishment should they be found guilty."

If this QC is any good he may be able to get them an additional 3 or 4 points.
  • They haven't gone yet guys.

I have always been a pessimistic person, but I can just see them worming their way out of it. They have already been given a massively lucky boost with the probable points deduction for Rotherham. That has set the flukey wheels in motion.

• Kap10 said:

I'd like to see him given the job permanently as he's worked with a lot of the younger players that will be, in my opinion, staking a claim for a starting spot in League One.

Being the club's all time leading scorer and all round legend (considering everything he's been through) should also help as he should already be looked at with a degree of respect from his fellow pros that another manager may not get.

If he does get it then I hope that people don't turn on him if things start to go a bit bendy.

I don't wish you any success in any way at all, but he would be a good appointment for the reasons you mention above. I also think what are the options. The other tyre kicker names that get tossed about at that level.
  • WSSWSS
    edited April 2015

Kap10 said:

No chance.

If meek and mild Charlton supporters can't do it, your lot won't.

• Uboat said:

Macronate said:

Or if he fails, "Sturman, Sturman , you're a ****"

Thought they had a few decent players. They will stay down for a few years, find a decent manager again and come back up, stay in div 2 for a few years until they lose that manager and their best players and then slip back to Div 3. It's what they do.

This is what we do. With the money now swilling about in the championship and future parachute payments, we will probably last shorter periods in the championship than we do now. Just can't see how we'd compete long term year after year with transfers & wages.

This is what we do. With the money now swilling about in the championship and future parachute payments, we will probably last shorter periods in the championship than we do now. Just can't see how we'd compete long term year after year with transfers & wages.

I agree, why not just knock the den down and help ease our shortage of housing problem.

• I hadn't opened this thread since Monday until I got on the train tonight.

God sake I was roaring laughing by the time I got off.

• Sponsored links:

• nya nya nya nya nya
  • nya nya nya nya nya

Never fails to please!
  • I don't think we'll see Millwall fan again for a bit. Unless they beat Derby
  • I bet they manage to stay up and this thread although hilarious, will look ridiculous.
  • If Rotherham win 1 of their remaining 3 games, Millwall will be down. If Millwall win their last two and Brighton lose their last two, Wall will still be down on goal difference. Come on you Millers!!
  • Still waiting for fa enquiry. Is that happening today ? Please see sense and issue a fine.
  • If you cant enjoy the moment whats left to enjoy?
    They are as good as gone, the fact that there is a faint possibilty that they might advoid relegation makes it all the more enjoyable.
    I want this season to be dragged out to last minute of time added on so I can enjoy thier suffering.
  • We must take the P!ss, its what its all about, so what if they don't go down, its been a blast.
    But they will, muggy, soap dodging tools.