Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• "being a big fish in a small pond"

well that's brightened up a shit weekend.
  • "being a big fish in a small pond"

well that's brightened up a shit weekend.

Pond life?
  • @MillwallFan so last season we goaded you whilst your Sunday league side huffed and puffed before inevitably finishing in the relegation places, your response back then was to lash out on here( callous but humourous in places) but now your boys have hit a bit of form you suddenly claim the relegation wasn't all bad?

Strange.
  • @MillwallFan so last season we goaded you whilst your Sunday league side huffed and puffed before inevitably finishing in the relegation places, your response back then was to lash out on here( callous but humourous in places) but now your boys have hit a bit of form you suddenly claim the relegation wasn't all bad?

Strange.

Did you actually read anything I said last season? I repeatedly said that relegation wouldn't necessarily be such a bad thing. And I repeatedly got the 'yeah keep telling yourself that and you might start to believe it' response.
  • IA said:

All jokes aside, I reckon relegation was the best thing that could've happened to us last season. Gave us the opportunity to strip back the journey men and high earners, give our youngsters a go, give Harris a chance to cut his teeth, and basically just start seeing a few goals and results against smaller clubs in which is a poor league. Being a big fish in a small pond for once instead of visa versa. When I said this on here last season people laughed, now they might see where I was coming from. I don't think anyone could've stood yet another season of struggling in the championship. It was getting beyond tedious and I think another one could've done irreparable damage to the club. There's a bit of a buzz about the place again now and everyone's looking forward to Saturday's again instead of dreading them.

Completely agree. Mid table in the third division is your level.
    Think we'll finish above mid table this season. Bit of a dodgy start but now the team had 'gelled' I think we'll pick up enough points to finish well above mid table. That tier is as poor as it has been in many a year, and I think any team in our league would envy our strike partnership of Morison and Gregory/ O'Brien. You never know, we might even be swapping places in May ;-)

• Bump ;-)

I think it's about time for a 'Spotters' relegation watch.
    It seems to be gearing up nicely.

• edited October 2015
    The vermin crawling out of the woodwork
    Do us all a favour and go converse with your rivals whoever they might be
  • The vermin crawling out of the woodwork

Go to bed!!
  • IA said:

IA said:

All jokes aside, I reckon relegation was the best thing that could've happened to us last season. Gave us the opportunity to strip back the journey men and high earners, give our youngsters a go, give Harris a chance to cut his teeth, and basically just start seeing a few goals and results against smaller clubs in which is a poor league. Being a big fish in a small pond for once instead of visa versa. When I said this on here last season people laughed, now they might see where I was coming from. I don't think anyone could've stood yet another season of struggling in the championship. It was getting beyond tedious and I think another one could've done irreparable damage to the club. There's a bit of a buzz about the place again now and everyone's looking forward to Saturday's again instead of dreading them.

Completely agree. Mid table in the third division is your level.
    Think we'll finish above mid table this season. Bit of a dodgy start but now the team had 'gelled' I think we'll pick up enough points to finish well above mid table. That tier is as poor as it has been in many a year, and I think any team in our league would envy our strike partnership of Morison and Gregory/ O'Brien. You never know, we might even be swapping places in May ;-)

To finish well above mid-table, you need to be able to beat the bigger teams, like Southend, Peterborough and Chesterfield.
    Ooooh no you don't.
  • Sponsored links:

• The vermin crawling out of the woodwork

Go to bed!!
    No rest for the wicked
  • Maybe Millwall could become a yo yo side.

One season being able to see their team win against their peers like Yeovil and Crawley and the next playing the really big clubs they never really stand a chance against in the Championship like Huddersfield and Rotherham.

Bit like QPR but a division lower and with less cash/fans/class.

One season being able to see their team win against their peers like Yeovil and Crawley and the next playing the really big clubs they never really stand a chance against in the Championship like Huddersfield and Rotherham.

Less class than QPR...not many teams could manage that

That's a pretty good summation of how we actually see ourselves. We've always yo-yo'd between the second and third tiers so it'd be nothing new.

The 4-6 point guaranteed head start we get on the 'big boys', when we're fortunate enough to grace the upper echelons of the Championship, means that it gives us a fighting chance of keeping our tin pot club in the company of such hugely successful, second tier, teams.
  • edited October 2015
    it's amazing what a lift ,to a small club, a cup final can give a team
  • it's amazing what a lift ,to a small club, a cup final can give a team

None of our recent appearances at Wembley have been cup finals.

Oh, you meant the might that is Charlton Athletic. Yep, bang to rights there. When faced with such an illustrious club, with the ties to that massive network that they have, is it any wonder that such a small club as ourselves put everything we have in to every fixture (despite having one of the worst teams we've had in living memory last season) :smile:
  • I think Millwall fan is kidding himself by saying Gregory is a good striker. Morison can do a job...don't know about O'Brien. It's very hard to get promoted without decent strikers. Probably mid table, methinks.
  • They'll come bad again and this thread will live on!!!!

• They'll come bad again and this thread will live on!!!!

They'll knock about midtable all season, beating the small clubs and losing to the big ones (they have Burton and Fleetwood away soon). Big match against runaway leaders Gillingham too.
  • IA said:

They'll come bad again and this thread will live on!!!!

They'll knock about midtable all season, beating the small clubs and losing to the big ones (they have Burton and Fleetwood away soon). Big match against runaway leaders Gillingham too.
    It's apparent that you're not a keen angler.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Millwall fan is kidding himself by saying Gregory is a good striker. Morison can do a job...don't know about O'Brien. It's very hard to get promoted without decent strikers. Probably mid table, methinks.

Another couple for O'Brien today away to Sheffield United.

Really ! Like we give a shit.

Let me get this right.....

You win, and instead of embracing a decent away victory , you log on here to gloat.... Again?

Wow

Let me get this right.....

You win, and instead of embracing a decent away victory , you log on here to gloat.... Again?

Wow
    At work mate. Just on a tea break. Our game finished ages ago.

• Think we need to be careful how ballsy we get on this thread. We are utterly, hopelessly, useless so far this year - the thought of the very real possibility of us dropping back down to league 1 to join them (or heaven forbid swap places with them) would make this thread a dark, dark place.

I think Millwall fan is kidding himself by saying Gregory is a good striker. Morison can do a job...don't know about O'Brien. It's very hard to get promoted without decent strikers. Probably mid table, methinks.

Unfortunately (and I include myself in this) the existence of this thread suggests otherwise.
  • Think we need to be careful how ballsy we get on this thread. We are utterly, hopelessly, useless so far this year - the thought of the very real possibility of us dropping back down to league 1 to join them (or heaven forbid swap places with them) would make this thread a dark, dark place.

I think Millwall fan is kidding himself by saying Gregory is a good striker. Morison can do a job...don't know about O'Brien. It's very hard to get promoted without decent strikers. Probably mid table, methinks.

Unfortunately (and I include myself in this) the existence of this thread suggests otherwise.
    Maybe some truth actually. I want them to lose every match and it pisses me off when they don't.

Maybe some truth actually. I want them to lose every match and it pisses me off when they don't.

but i bet you've the good grace not to gloat on a spanner forum.
  • About time we changed the title of this thread and crossed out millwall and inserted Charlton

we're doomed

but i bet you've the good grace not to gloat on a spanner forum.
    How was I gloating? We was talking about our strike partnership the other day so just elaborated on that. I didn't even mention your game. It was only half hour in to play!
    Sensitive bunch aren't you.
  • Me sensitive. Lol