Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Still trying to make out it will be so much better in League One , honestly say it enough times and you'll convince yourself

My pleasure is your pain and as you guessed I've been pleasuring myself

Come back to us when you can try and shake off South Londons wooden spoon , which you've already guaranteed for yourselves next season , congratulations

And you made the right decision to not drink tonight

Just having a browse through these posts from last season. Makes some interesting reading.

'Still trying to make out it will be so much better in League One , honestly say it enough times and you'll convince yourself'- funny ain't it. This season is about ten times better than any of the last 2 or 3 we had in the championship. Got a real Millwall man at the helm and got rid of all the dross, wage thieves and deadwood who was at the club. Genuinely feel like we 'have our Millwall back'. How's your season going in the championship Oohaah? Having as much fun as we are in league one??
    Re the wooden spoon, thanks for the congratulations, but despite being the third lowest placed south London club in the league, it really doesn't feel like we're holding the wooden spoon! Carry on pleasuring yourself, you self-pleasurer you ;-)
  • Scum going up and we're going down , suppose there's one upside we won't have the pond life near us

Mwah. xx
  • Still trying to make out it will be so much better in League One , honestly say it enough times and you'll convince yourself

Come back to us when you can try and shake off South Londons wooden spoon , which you've already guaranteed for yourselves next season , congratulations

Just having a browse through these posts from last season. Makes some interesting reading.

'Still trying to make out it will be so much better in League One , honestly say it enough times and you'll convince yourself'- funny ain't it. This season is about ten times better than any of the last 2 or 3 we had in the championship. Got a real Millwall man at the helm and got rid of all the dross, wage thieves and deadwood who was at the club. Genuinely feel like we 'have our Millwall back'. How's your season going in the championship Oohaah? Having as much fun as we are in league one??
    Re the wooden spoon, thanks for the congratulations, but despite being the third lowest placed south London club in the league, it really doesn't feel like we're holding the wooden spoon! Carry on pleasuring yourself, you self-pleasurer you ;-)
    You spent your morning reading through posts from over a year ago on another club's forum?

Get outside. It's an exciting world out there, full of wonderful trains to record in your notebook.
  • edited February 2016
    IA said:

Still trying to make out it will be so much better in League One , honestly say it enough times and you'll convince yourself

You spent your morning reading through posts from over a year ago on another club's forum?

Get outside. It's an exciting world out there, full of wonderful trains to record in your notebook.
    It's not that much of an odd behaviour, especially if you were involved in the discussions/banter.

It's a weak response, IA. You're better than that :wink:

@MillwallFan is probably sitting on the sh*tter.

• edited February 2016
    IA said:

Still trying to make out it will be so much better in League One , honestly say it enough times and you'll convince yourself

Lol. Before BBW commented I was just about to say that I didn't really spend the morning on that old thread, was literally having a clear out and because I had that page bookmarked I thought I'd have a nose. Im not an Internet nerd, I never sit in front of a screen, only ever browse on my phone to kill time. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, I occasional post on a Millwall site and on this one and that's it. It kills a few minutes while I'm waiting for the cling-on to drop. Funny reading through the old comments though. The joy and elation pouring out from the vast majority of posters on here. "We won't see you for another 20 years". (Erm, try 1 year) "Enjoy Burton, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury etc etc". (Yep, we did, and I'm sure you will too!) "keep telling yourself you'll enjoy league one and maybe you'll start to believe it" (but we are! ST sales were up, our away crowds are up, the atmosphere home and away is miles better, we're see goals! Lots and lots of goals, and as I said before, we feel like we have OUR club back!! I suppose the football snobs on here just saw league one and thought that must be shit. Forgetting that it's the fans and players/management that make a club what it is, not what league they're in).
    I'm a firm believer in Karma. Misfortune that you wish on others soon comes back to you. Didn't think it would happen this quickly though!
  • As someone who came from a Bermondsey family,
    and didn't escape till i was a year old, i could now be watching League 1 football (maybe next season !) and be a spanner, like my late Uncles.
    So for Family reason, have never had the hatred that Oohaah and others have for the "No one like us but we don't care".

Having said that, no one took the defeat on Bad Friday worse than me.
    I sulked all Easter.

My Bermondsey Nan(hard as nails) mantra was never pick a fight with a Ugly Man,as they have nothing to lose and for that reason i refuse to fight a
    Millwall fan !

She also said don't give it if you can't take it (Verbals)

Some CAFC Fans need to remember that now.
    Reading the comments from last season.

The "we sent the Palace now" sounds like a double dose of Irony considering they are now one division above and could be 2 above next season.

Having been at Hull when we lost 6-0 and the opposition declared after 80 minutes, CAFC fans need to keep their gallows humour (or find it)

• edited February 2016

As someone who came from a Bermondsey family,
    and didn't escape till i was a year old, i could now be watching League 1 football (maybe next season !) and be a spanner, like my late Uncles.
    So for Family reason, have never had the hatred that Oohaah and others have for the "No one like us but we don't care".

Having said that, no one took the defeat on Bad Friday worse than me.
    I sulked all Easter.

My Bermondsey Nan(hard as nails) mantra was never pick a fight with a Ugly Man,as they have nothing to lose and for that reason i refuse to fight a
    Millwall fan !

She also said don't give it if you can't take it (Verbals)

Some CAFC Fans need to remember that now.
    Reading the comments from last season.

The "we sent the Palace now" sounds like a double dose of Irony considering they are now one division above and could be 2 above next season.

Having been at Hull when we lost 6-0 and the opposition declared after 80 minutes, CAFC fans need to keep their gallows humour (or find it)

Well said mate, great post. Can see you come from good Millwall stock ;-)

The truth is I never really had any hatred for Charlton (and I still don't). Out or our three main 'rivals' I would have you miles behind palace and West Ham. But when I had a nose on this site prior to playing you a few years ago I couldn't believe the hatred you had for us. It genuinely isn't reciprocated from us to anywhere near that level. I mean, there was people on here who was wishing us to go bust and go out of the business. We've been around since 1885 and despite our flaws, of which we have plenty, we have a rich history. I wouldn't wish any league club (apart from MK Dons, but that's another story) to go out of business. Not even palace or West Ham! That's what has kept me interested in this site, the 'interest' and hatred you have for my club. palace and West Ham would always be classed as more hostile rivals than Charlton by us (and that's fairly evenly reciprocated by them) but you go on their sites and the hatred for us doesn't seem to be anywhere near the levels yours are. Very strange.

Anyway, i do enjoy the banter on here. I won't gloat too much if it does eventually go pear shaped for you come the end of the season. Will keep any banter to Millwall related threads. Still have a funny feeling you may put a little run together and pull yourself out of trouble. It's been a funny old season this year, at all levels. But if it does go belly up don't go in to too much of a depression. Away days like Shrewsbury, Oxford, Plymouth etc can be great days out!!

• MillwallFan, will you stop LOL my comments on a Saturday, when I am putting Charlton statistics on the match thread, it is bad enough without giving you the pleasure of reading them
  • ross1 said:

MillwallFan, will you stop LOL my comments on a Saturday, when I am putting Charlton statistics on the match thread, it is bad enough without giving you the pleasure of reading them

Can I 'lol' your comments when you post about us conceding but mention nothing when the super lions turn it around with the help of the mighty leader, supreme being of the Korean peninsular and master of all men?

• edited February 2016

IA said:

Lol. Before BBW commented I was just about to say that I didn't really spend the morning on that old thread, was literally having a clear out and because I had that page bookmarked I thought I'd have a nose. Im not an Internet nerd, I never sit in front of a screen, only ever browse on my phone to kill time. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter, I occasional post on a Millwall site and on this one and that's it. It kills a few minutes while I'm waiting for the cling-on to drop. Funny reading through the old comments though. The joy and elation pouring out from the vast majority of posters on here. "We won't see you for another 20 years". (Erm, try 1 year) "Enjoy Burton, Fleetwood, Shrewsbury etc etc". (Yep, we did, and I'm sure you will too!) "keep telling yourself you'll enjoy league one and maybe you'll start to believe it" (but we are! ST sales were up, our away crowds are up, the atmosphere home and away is miles better, we're see goals! Lots and lots of goals, and as I said before, we feel like we have OUR club back!! I suppose the football snobs on here just saw league one and thought that must be shit. Forgetting that it's the fans and players/management that make a club what it is, not what league they're in).
    I'm a firm believer in Karma. Misfortune that you wish on others soon comes back to you. Didn't think it would happen this quickly though!
    I think our situation is more dire than Millwall's regardless of division.

I don't think a late winning run to save us from relegation will change anything regarding the shit state of Charlton. Season tickets will be massively down, apathy and all that comes with it.

Although some love to see you go down and hate when you suceed thats football and happens to every club but very few want to see any club be destroyed by foreign lunatics with no understanding of the english game.

It's not really Karma for me as its a curse that is much worse than relegation and we had long before Millwall were relegated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Makes great signs Millwall fan
  • Makes great signs Millwall fan

so can i,
    with two fingers, one finger and the one with a deft flick of the wrist.
  • IA said:

IA said:

All jokes aside, I reckon relegation was the best thing that could've happened to us last season. Gave us the opportunity to strip back the journey men and high earners, give our youngsters a go, give Harris a chance to cut his teeth, and basically just start seeing a few goals and results against smaller clubs in which is a poor league. Being a big fish in a small pond for once instead of visa versa. When I said this on here last season people laughed, now they might see where I was coming from. I don't think anyone could've stood yet another season of struggling in the championship. It was getting beyond tedious and I think another one could've done irreparable damage to the club. There's a bit of a buzz about the place again now and everyone's looking forward to Saturday's again instead of dreading them.

Completely agree. Mid table in the third division is your level.
    Think we'll finish above mid table this season. Bit of a dodgy start but now the team had 'gelled' I think we'll pick up enough points to finish well above mid table. That tier is as poor as it has been in many a year, and I think any team in our league would envy our strike partnership of Morison and Gregory/ O'Brien. You never know, we might even be swapping places in May ;-)

To finish well above mid-table, you need to be able to beat the bigger teams, like Southend, Peterborough and Chesterfield.
    Dear oh dear. Talk about a little dig of a post coming back to bite you on the arse IA. We've gone on to beat all of those three teams who we lost to earlier in the season. And beat them comfortably.
  • IA said:

IA said:

All jokes aside, I reckon relegation was the best thing that could've happened to us last season. Gave us the opportunity to strip back the journey men and high earners, give our youngsters a go, give Harris a chance to cut his teeth, and basically just start seeing a few goals and results against smaller clubs in which is a poor league. Being a big fish in a small pond for once instead of visa versa. When I said this on here last season people laughed, now they might see where I was coming from. I don't think anyone could've stood yet another season of struggling in the championship. It was getting beyond tedious and I think another one could've done irreparable damage to the club. There's a bit of a buzz about the place again now and everyone's looking forward to Saturday's again instead of dreading them.

Think we'll finish above mid table this season. Bit of a dodgy start but now the team had 'gelled' I think we'll pick up enough points to finish well above mid table. That tier is as poor as it has been in many a year, and I think any team in our league would envy our strike partnership of Morison and Gregory/ O'Brien. You never know, we might even be swapping places in May ;-)

To finish well above mid-table, you need to be able to beat the bigger teams, like Southend, Peterborough and Chesterfield.
    Dear oh dear. Talk about a little dig of a post coming back to bite you on the arse IA. We've gone on to beat all of those three teams who we lost to earlier in the season. And beat them comfortably.
    Not tonight mate.
  • IA said:

IA said:

Not tonight mate.
    Fair enough mate but purposely keeping off of any of your Charlton threads and sticking to Millwall related comments.
    I'm not one to kick someone while they're down and also, despite this being an public forum I do still class myself as a guest.
  • edited February 2016

IA said:

IA said:

What about the little dig at the OB today?

• Just watched the video on instagram. Of our spanner friends kicking the old bill . Looks like jail for a few of them
  • IA said:

IA said:

The police tried to drag a 70/80 year old man down the stairs for no apparent, justifiable, reason so the fans around the old man stuck up for him.

• IA said:

IA said:

The police tried to drag a 70/80 year old man down the stairs for no apparent, justifiable, reason so the fans around the old man stuck up for him.

Riiiiiight
  • edited February 2016

I said before, we feel like we have OUR club back!!

Yep looks like the old Millwall alright....
  • Sponsored links:

• IA said:

IA said:

Riiiiiight
    It's a fact @Leroy Ambrose .

I was a block away from it. Now, I'm not saying that the old man didn't do anything wrong as I didn't see or hear the start of the altercation. However, I saw the way in which the old man was being man handled by the police and, for me, no action inside the ground could have led to a man of that age being roughed up in the way he was.

Good luck to you. From what I've seen you're also playing some good football. We had all of that in 2012. Relegation will solve nothing for us.
  • IA said:

IA said:

Yep... that was it!
  • IAIA
    edited February 2016

IA said:

IA said:

Good to know I wound you up so much that one of your first thoughts after a win at home was to come on here and react a post of mine from four months ago.

Dear oh dear. Thanks for giving me a laugh, though.
    IA said:

IA said:

IA said:

Good to know I wound you up so much that one of your first thoughts after a win at home was to come on here and react a post of mine from four months ago.

He's genuinely had that on his mind for four months, bless him.
  • IA said:

IA said:

IA said:

Yep, the joys of being able to bookmark a page on your phone :smile:
    Hang on a bit and I'll repost that other insightful post of yours, the one about me kidding myself that Lee Gregory is a decent striker. That's the Lee Gregory who's currently on 20 goals this season so far. Your whole teams only got 6 more than that between them! :wink:

• SID said:

IA said:

IA said:

Lucky they didn't try it on with us we'd have broke out the Peppa Pig masks.
    That actually made me lol

• the poor little angels. nothing is ever their fault.

• IA said:

IA said:

IA said:

Yep, the joys of being able to bookmark a page on your phone :smile:
    Hang on a bit and I'll repost that other insightful post of yours, the one about me kidding myself that Lee Gregory is a decent striker. That's the Lee Gregory who's currently on 20 goals this season so far. Your whole teams only got 6 more than that between them! :wink:

Thing is, though, I was right about needing to beat those teams.

I can see you beat Peterborough today. I don't know or care if you beat Southend and Chesterfield, but you say you have, so I'll take your word for it.

I've looked at the League 1 table, and if you hadn't won those matches, you'd be somewhere between 9th and 13th, which is basically the definition of mid-table.

I have no opinion whatsoever on Lee Gregory, so I doubt I gave any worthwhile comment on his ability. I believe he's the bloke who said that Rotherham would "bottle it" last season, so it's likely whatever post you'd bookmarked from me (from last season, probably) was a joke based on that.

It's really nice to know I wound you up so much with posts I'd forgotten about, though.