Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• TravHouse said:

Starting to feel a bit sad that I'm spending so much time on twitter/facebook researching Delort but here goes anyway...

Andy Delort's father, Eric Delort, has just started following @cafcofficial account on twitter

Jokes aside, that's great investigative work! Probably the most significant tweet yet ironically.
  • TravHouse said:

Starting to feel a bit sad that I'm spending so much time on twitter/facebook researching Delort but here goes anyway...

Andy Delort's father, Eric Delort, has just started following @cafcofficial account on twitter

Jokes aside, that's great investigative work! Probably the most significant tweet yet ironically.
    I would say that is very significant actually! Welcome to Charlton Andy.
  • Funny if he turns out to be shit but good work TravHouse.
  • TravHouse said:

Andy doesn't follow him back, could just be a fan?
  • TravHouse said:

His profile says 'Footballers Father'.
  • although his probably his Agent
  • edited August 2014
    Did one of the reports say his dad was also his agent?
    Maybe he is about to follow Leeds, Brentford and god knows who else as part of his master plan.
  • That could well be it, sounds stupid but I think that's the indicator we've been waiting for...

Unless he follows Leeds is 10 minutes that is.
  • TravHouse said:

Still, Andy doesn't follow him. Remember the Roland account everyone fell for?
  • Sponsored links:

• TravHouse said:

Defo him.....

https://www.facebook.com/eric.delort

• I'm still not 100% convinced but you would have to admit this Twittering is very elaborate for a rumour/hoax/churn type situation...
  • The Charlton following tweeter Eric stacks up as Andy's dad. Eric was born in 1960 and would have become a dad at the age of 31 which figures. Eric has only had an account for a month (so I am told) and is not followed by Andy which is the fly in the ointment.
  • DeeBee said:

TravHouse said:

Took me ages to accept my mum on Facebook
    Haha, tbf my mum has asked to follow me on twitter and add me on fb and I've said no.

TravHouse said:

Defo him.....

https://www.facebook.com/eric.delort

That's his fb though, unless he's linked his twitter account on his fb or liked the Charlton page still doesn't prove anything.
  • Looks like the last reel in this particular saga is being loaded.
  • As said, the same guy (profile picture) has a facebook profile and his cover photo is of him, Andy Delort and his missus.

It is him.
  • Swisdom said:

TravHouse said:

Having spent the last 72 hours stalking friends and family members of Andy Delort I am now going to bed..

Please god let me wake up to the news of Delort signing a 6 year contract!
  • Sponsored links:

• Has there ever been a more eagerly anticipated signing at Charlton I wonder? I doubt it.
  • edited August 2014

As said, the same guy (profile picture) has a facebook profile and his cover photo is of him, Andy Delort and his missus.

It is him.

I know that's him (again not guaranteed though) but we just got told his Dad followed CAFC on twitter who could be a fake account. There is no link to his fb account from twitter or vice versa from what I can see other than his picture (again can be faked).

I don't see how a fb account using the same pic proves his twitter account is real? Or that it's even his Dad on fb. You'd be amazed what people do to get a reaction online. Have you watched catfish?

Edit: It's not the same pic just similar.
  • his Dad now has double the followers he had before
  • As said, the same guy (profile picture) has a facebook profile and his cover photo is of him, Andy Delort and his missus.

It is him.

I know that's him (again not guaranteed though) but we just got told his Dad followed CAFC on twitter who could be a fake account. There is no link to his fb account from twitter or vice versa from what I can see other than his picture (again can be faked).

I don't see how a fb account using the same pic proves his twitter account is real? Or that it's even his Dad on fb. You'd be amazed what people do to get a reaction online. Have you watched catfish?

I think the fact his first tweet was sent March 3rd when, I doubt many people had heard of Andy is a sign IMO

It is him.

Catfish? Clever, I see what you did there, the Catfish being distantly related to a Haddock.
    Tease.

It is him.

That's a fair point. I was going to say that you would have to be pretty sad to parody a footballers Dad.

But then again, who knows?
  • edited August 2014

As said, the same guy (profile picture) has a facebook profile and his cover photo is of him, Andy Delort and his missus.

It is him.

I think the fact his first tweet was sent March 3rd when, I doubt many people had heard of Andy is a sign IMO
    We'd never really heard of Roland and his fake twitter dated pretty far back and literally everyone thought it was him. He could just be a crazy stalker fan/troll.

Good find either way though Trav mate, definitely creates more spark to it.
  • I do feel sorry for those poor lifers outside of this thread who probably don't have a clue what's going on...whereas to me this thread and its vital developments (such as who is may or may not be dad is now following on twitter) holds the key to eternal happines or perhaps dark depression.

on second thought...
  • Sheffield Wednesday involved now. No chance he's coming with such a powerhouse on the table.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!