Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Personally i hope we are standing firm and not being held over a barrell. He sounds like a good player and I would more than happy to have him added to the squad but i don't like the idea of any player holding us to ransom or paying over the odds on an untested player in our league.
  • edited August 2014
    Don't want him anymore, just got my shirt with name on, so no need for him to come lol :-)

saying that the club shop has run out of R's anyway so I would not of been able to get him
  • We never end up signing these kinds of players (agents) that mess about for ages between interested clubs trying to get more money.

May as well resign yourself to missing out on him already.
  • If this does fall through, do we have a contingency plan,

Buy another short striker from the continent we have never heard of ?

• I really am bored rigid with this. If we get him great, but who had heard of him before these stories came up.
  • dickplumb said:

I really am bored rigid with this. If we get him great, but who had heard of him before these stories came up.

This.
  • Rigid Dick?
  • Sponsored links:

• dickplumb said:

I really am bored rigid with this. If we get him great, but who had heard of him before these stories came up.

LOL this
    Who is he anyway?
  • think he might be going Plymouth :-)

from Sky Sports
    Plymouth have revealed they are set to announce a new signing...

Plymouth Argyle FC

@Only1Argyle
    News coming at 2pm. #incoming #pafc
  • what happened to the Nick Powell rumour .?
  • Phil Hay - Yorkshire evenings post chief football writer...

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP · 29m

@www_patrick1997 I've spoken to a journo in France today who is sure that Delort is going to Brentford or Charlton.

• This thread is only for rumours, if there was a thread every 2 minutes claiming we had/hadn't signed him, I would understand your boredom. I've found it quite exciting.

Perhaps that's because I'm at work already bored out of my mind...
  • dickplumb said:

tbh it only started at the beginning of the weekend. You realise most people (read as: people who work for the club in senior positions) don't work weekends? it's not going to all happen if you have a magic button that says "continue" like you do in football manager. Give it time.
  • think he might be going Plymouth :-)

from Sky Sports
    Plymouth have revealed they are set to announce a new signing...

Plymouth Argyle FC

@Only1Argyle
    News coming at 2pm. #incoming #pafc

That would be amusing, that way even if he doesn't sign with Charlton I will be able to watch him every home game.
    bear in mind Plymouth are L2
  • dickplumb said:

tbh it only started at the beginning of the weekend. You realise most people (read as: people who work for the club in senior positions) don't work weekends? it's not going to all happen if you have a magic button that says "continue" like you do in football manager. Give it time.
    No continue button? That is EXACTLY what is wrong with modern day football.

Do we think RD may have done the old trick of placing a huge bid so it gets accepted, then re-bidding at zero and cancelling so we don't have to pay a penny?
  • He's going to end up at Brentford and score the winner on Saturday...
  • He's going to end up at Brentford and score the winner on Saturday...

Nah...that'll be Oxo McCormack

• Sponsored links:

• TravHouse said:

Phil Hay - Yorkshire evenings post chief football writer...

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP · 29m

@www_patrick1997 I've spoken to a journo in France today who is sure that Delort is going to Brentford or Charlton.

He's going to Brentford…to play for us on Saturday ;-)
  • Only if we boo McCormack.
  • Don't want him anymore, just got my shirt with name on, so no need for him to come lol :-)

saying that the club shop has run out of R's anyway so I would not of been able to get him

Been selling too many Church shirts. Good thing we stocked up on all those extra Cs
  • I'd rather have Yann back

Lights touch paper, retires to safe distance
  • Fumbluff said:

I'd rather have Yann back

Lights touch paper, retires to safe distance

You rascal. You've done it now.
  • colin1961 said:

I have heard nothing more but I will say if he as looked at the valley and the training ground then does the same at Brentford and still goes there then he is not the player I expected him to be and perhaps we should be looking for better .... But still think we will get him

I'm sure it will have more to do with how many zeros are on the end of his salary and signing on bonus.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!