Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Lequipe are reporting that the deal is done! 3mil euros and a 5 year contract
  • Here we go again, just as I had lost interest!

COYR
  • edited August 2014
    Delort and his dad have both tweeted yesterday that it will be later in the week so I expect this to drag on for a few more days.
  • The Andy Delort future should be sealed by Wednesday. Closely followed by the RC Lens, the top scorer in Ligue 2 2014-2015 goes across the Channel. It is understood Charlton boarder English 2nd Division, for a 5-year contract. The London club Tours FC and were close to an agreement on Tuesday evening on the basis of a transaction of € 3 million and additional bonuses.
  • And so begins another day of hitting f5. Whoop whoop!
  • I'm sure we're only buying him to give to Liege.
  • Deal is 100% done according to a sports radio journalist from Tours who has been tweeting me
  • Sponsored links:

• I heard we asked the question about possibility of loan for bamford from Chelsea

I'd rather have Bamford over Delort.
  • I heard we asked the question about possibility of loan for bamford from Chelsea

I'd rather have a (hopefully) decent player on a five year deal than borrow a Chelsea player for one
    Good point.

Have you seen Delort play then?

• The Middlesborough manager is mates with Mourinho.

I heard we asked the question about possibility of loan for bamford from Chelsea

I'd rather have a (hopefully) decent player on a five year deal than borrow a Chelsea player for one
    Is a difficult choice... Bamford would be good sure bet to push us on for a possible Play-Off spot this season, not to mention the fact he's experience in the Championship.

Delort though has scored a lot of goals in the France 2nd Tier but could be compared to Piotr Parsley doing the same in Holland... Be a big fee we'd be splashing out and a waste of FFP money if it doesnt come off as he's never played in England
  • Got a feeling this boy is mustard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone know what standard the French second division actually compares to? Assuming it is equivalent of League One then that seems a good strike rate and whilst you can point to BWP scoring a lot in League 1 I don't think his YouTube clips would show the same quality finishes as this chap which must give him a decent chance of success with us.
  • If he was on trial at Dortmund I doubt he's a mug
  • Talal said:

dickplumb said:

I heard we asked the question about possibility of loan for bamford from Chelsea

Have you seen Delort play then?

Isn't that his point? Bamford is proven, Delort isn't. I want them both, gimme gimme gimme.
    But the whole point is how can you compare when you haven't seen one of them play?
    Also I would rather see a permanent signing than a Chelsea loanee.
  • DeeBee said:

If he was on trial at Dortmund I doubt he's a mug

Was actually offered a deal by Dortmund too and turned them down.
  • The things we've been hearing about Delort reminds me a bit of Guillaume Hoarau, a striker some may remember played a lot of games for PSG before they were taken over. Before PSG he was at Le Havre in Ligue 2, and had a fantastic season as top scorer there - much like Delort. Delort is younger than Hoarau was at that time, and Hoarau went on to play 114 matches for PSG. I'm not trying to hype up Delort, but Ligue 2 is a league with some hidden gems, who can turn out to be very good - Yann is a good example!
  • But has anyone asked the question why he turned down Dortmund and why (if he is as good as people claim ) he is targetting Brentford or Charlton ? Not knocking anything here just seems a bit odd!
  • 4 bowman said:

But has anyone asked the question why he turned down Dortmund and why (if he is as good as people claim ) he is targetting Brentford or Charlton ? Not knocking anything here just seems a bit odd!

Because if signs for Dortmund he can't play for Standard Liege, duh!
  • 4 bowman said:

But has anyone asked the question why he turned down Dortmund and why (if he is as good as people claim ) he is targetting Brentford or Charlton ? Not knocking anything here just seems a bit odd!

From what the journo said he favoured the idea of guaranteed first team football
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!