Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options

Reminds me of Darren Bent. Scored loads of goals for us but was soon off once real money was on the table. B'stard ;0)

Welcome Andy. Knock em dead mon fils

Although I think he would've stayed had we not been relegated.
  • Options
    He has got ambition, wow we can't have that. How dare he want to play in the Premiership. I think we ought to pull out of the deal now and get someone in who is happy to play in the lower reaches of the Championship.
  • Options
    This thread made me confront what a sado life I now have. Checking these pages at least 3 times a day. Andy mate hope your worth it, like Ronaldo + Messie +Suarez
    rolled into one. Still not sure he's signing! Hey there's an upside to everything- I now know what the F5 button does.
  • Options
    Exactly, Darren Bent was going nowhere until we got relegated. Anyone with half a brain couldn`t possibly have expected him to stay after that surely?
  • Options
    The guy is bang out of order for not instantly dismissing all other approaches and signing for us immediately. I know unequivocally that if the roles were reversed one of our lads would be straight to Tours for 5 years without a second thought. Scum
  • Options
    I have devised a 5 point questionnaire that I hope will be adopted by the club and put before all potential signings from the continent and beyond.

1) Do you know where Charlton is? (10 points)
    2) Does your Agent(s) know where Charlton is? (10 points)
    3) Does your Dad or any member of your immediate family know where Charlton is? (10 points)
    4) You/agent/Dad do know Charlton do not play in the EPL? (10 points)
    5) Would you like directions to the nearest EPL club willing to pay bundles? ( 0 points)
  • Options
    Assumming we sign him on a fairly long deal, who cares if he wants to use us as a stepping stone? In order to be noticed by premier league clubs he has to perform well, by performing well he will be scoring goals, which in turn would hopefully see the team getting good results, which is surely the ultimate aim? IF we sign him, he scores 30 goals (and we don't get promoted) and Prem clubs come in for him, he'll hopefully have 2+ years on his contract and hold a large asking price, and fair play to him.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

This thread made me confront what a sado life I now have. Checking these pages at least 3 times a day. Andy mate hope your worth it, like Ronaldo + Messie +Suarez
    rolled into one. Still not sure he's signing! Hey there's an upside to everything- I now know what the F5 button does.

3 times a day

Fucking amateur :-)
    Was thinking just this. I've been off today and think I've checked every ten minutes.

• Options

Swisdom said:

3 times a day

Fucking amateur :-)
    Was thinking just this. I've been off today and think I've checked every ten minutes.

Lucky you are not retired (or you), I have no excuse and keep going on here everytime I have 5 minutes to spare
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    All players see clubs as a stepping stone. What did Diego Poyet do? What did Shelvey and Jenkinson and Lee Bowyer do? If we get him and he does a good job for us and helps us move forwards as a club and then we get a good fee for him then it is good business. There is no loyalty in football anymore!
  • Options
    Leeds have signed ajose from Peterborough which should point to the fact they won't be signing our guy now
  • Options
    I was thinking - do you reckon RD saw how much McCormack went for and realised how much a top notch championship striker can fetch. Could be big money in the future if he lives up to his potential.
  • Options

I was thinking - do you reckon RD saw how much McCormack went for and realised how much a top notch championship striker can fetch. Could be big money in the future if he lives up to his potential.

Yes I do but not necessarily because of the McCormack deal. RD buys potential gets the benefit and sells for a profit. Good model if you can pull it off.

• Options
    Has Charlton signed Delort, or has RD signed him for "one of his teams", probably us or SL
  • Options

Especially considering he already sold one in January.
  • Options
    Did anyone else see the tweet from charlton confirming the deal has been completed ? Seem to have been deleted now
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Did anyone else see the tweet from charlton confirming the deal has been completed ? Seem to have been deleted now

I did and it was a fake account charltonofficiall

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Just seen the fake tweet thinking it was the real one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Aaaaand breathe :-) that wasn't fun but glad CAFC saw it through, was kept very well under wraps until yesterday or so. Does look a good player,

So this was one of the two you mentioned?
  • Options

Just seen the fake tweet thinking it was the real one.

So he has actually signed now then?
  • Options
    He is indeed, but no it's not official. I've not spoke for a few days with the person involved.. if we don't get him we're down to one potential, we should.
  • Options

He is indeed, but no it's not official. I've not spoke for a few days with the person involved.. if we don't get him we're down to one potential, we should.

Is that other team Brentford by any chance?
  • Options
    He's just retweeted this if anybody cares to translate

@JFXM: @AndyDelort9 Andy, s'il vous plaît venez à Charlton! Nous sommes le meilleur club à Londres! Vous serez un héros! #cafc
  • Options
    Being widespread it's not too bad for people to know we are in for him, other teams coming in is the complication. Deal was meant to be done over the weekend
  • Options

Valley11 said:

Aaaaand breathe :-) that wasn't fun but glad CAFC saw it through, was kept very well under wraps until yesterday or so. Does look a good player,

So this was one of the two you mentioned?
    Beat me to it :D
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

He's just retweeted this if anybody cares to translate

@JFXM: @AndyDelort9 Andy, s'il vous plaît venez à Charlton! Nous sommes le meilleur club à Londres! Vous serez un héros! #cafc

"Andy, please come to Charlton! We are the best club in London! You'll be a hero! # CAFC"
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Being widespread it's not too bad for people to know we are in for him, other teams coming in is the complication. Deal was meant to be done over the weekend

Does that insinuate that his Agent was holding out for a better offer and one didn't come along (yet!) then?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!