Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options

He's retweeting Charlton fans begging it on twitter though and not Leeds. It can only mean a few things surely? Done deal he knows he's coming, he actually wants to join the club, he's being a little tease and loving it. Hope it's not the last one.

He's agreed his terms, seems like Tours haven't agreed theirs unfortunately
  • Options
    Delort is tweeting that he is Charlton's number 9. I am confused.
  • Options
    Anybody know anything more about the Nick Powell deal?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

He's Re-Tweeted a Charlton fan who said he would be the first to buy his Delort number 9 Charlton shirt when he signs
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I thought you were dickplumb?
  • Options
    Dick send him a pic of your avatar a.d pretend your the cafc masseuse job done he'd be signed in a min
  • Options
    The thing is though how legit is that GFN account. To me it seems as good as done. The fact he's actually retweeting comments from Charlton fans and not just vines of his goals...would be the ultimate fuckery if he doesn't sign now.
  • Options
    5 m euros is a ridiculous amount. No Club is going to pay that for him.
  • Options
    GFN is unfortunately one of the most reputable French football accounts...
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

It worries me that this has also come from an official source aswell. Deal is definitely not done and a 2mil euro difference in valuation is pretty big!

I don't think RD is the type of person to be messed about and I'm afraid he may dig his heels in here

Just posted something similar on another thread. I reckon it will all fall apart tomorrow as the clubs are miles apart regarding the fee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No one knows how much is wanted for him or how much we have offered

People may know he is coming or wanted but not how much for
  • Options
    This is laughable now. If he isn't signed tomorrow, we have 3m to spend. So let's move on and spend it on someone else.
  • Options
    All together now: "Nicky Powell's red army, not that one the South London one"
  • Options
    Aww feck it, I'm off to bed, hoping tomorrow is more ' It's A Wonderful Life' than 'Groundhog Day'.
  • Options

TravHouse said:

It worries me that this has also come from an official source aswell. Deal is definitely not done and a 2mil euro difference in valuation is pretty big!

I don't think RD is the type of person to be messed about and I'm afraid he may dig his heels in here

Just posted something similar on another thread. I reckon it will all fall apart tomorrow as the clubs are miles apart regarding the fee.
    The fact that Delort has come out on his official Facebook/Twitter and basically announced he is leaving and thanked the Tours fans gives me hope that he knows a bit more than we do.

Lets hope that its just a case of tying up loose ends tomorrow....

Please!
  • Options
    Get French Football ‏@GFN_France · 29m
    Charlton Athletic and Tours FC will continue to negotiate tomorrow for Andy Delort.
    Full story: http://goo.gl/Dta9qb #CAFC #ToursFC

Travis Houston ‏@TravHouse83 · 1m
    @GFN_France Is the deal likely to go ahead or has it hit problems?

Get French Football ‏@GFN_France · 1m
    @TravHouse83 Still looking very good for Charlton.

• Options
    Presumably we're the highest bidder at 3m so if they want 5m sounds like they either take nothing or 3m. Tbh we should just put a clause in that if he's our top scorer in the season and we get promoted then we pay over the extra as it'll be more than worth it then.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    TravHouse said:

GFN is unfortunately one of the most reputable French football accounts...

But what is more 'reliable' - l'equipe or GFN?
    Personally I've never heard of GFN so it's l'equipe in my eyes , and they say the deal is done!

Edit: GFN has 25k twitter followers , l'equipe has 1.5million!
  • Options
    Not looked for a couple of hours - 64 posts ?
  • Options
    I'm on holiday in Alicante ain't looked since yesterday ......223 posts on this guy !!!! And it seems like nothing's happened , is it ain't it gonna happen cos I'm not reading all of them !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well I still see it as good news that he's retweeting the Charlton fans, hopefully that's his mind made up on who he prefers. Tours sound like they're taking the piss a bit. 5m seems a bit much.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    What's Jason Scotland up to these days?
  • Options
    Continued bullshit

If he signs then he needs to be the nuts to deserve all this.
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

What's Jason Scotland up to these days?

Playing for Hamilton Academical last time I checked.. Had quite a good goalscoring record as well if I remember correctly..
  • Options
    Really hope the number 8 to replace reza is powell. We'd be to the Championship what Belgium were to the World Cup.. Oh the irony!
  • Options
    Hope he's worth it !
  • Options
    Delort that is
  • Options
    The amount of money is a huge risk, can the player be worth it? I love his skill on the ball, but his provenance suggests there may be other aspects of his game that can compare unfavourably to other footballers. I hope it all works out realistically for all concerned, and if we get him let his skill transcend any weaknesses.
    Time for a decision.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!