Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options

Look at it realistically, if it was going to happen it wouldve happend by now

It's all noise but none official it's all guess work by many people, mostly trawling through obscure websites for anything remotely cafc related

It was all too zabeel to be any truth in it being nearly done

And let's be honest no one had heard of the French league 2 striker before this week

If it goes ahead at a later stage well done a d welcome

If not it's a case of Andy who

Can't really put this in the zabeel league. There's plenty more no mark Frenchmen in the sea. Billionaire Arabs are a bit harder to come by!
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

I'm glad yr not our manager Damo

Point is there must be other options. Who can you think of? My gut feel is that Delort won't be signing as if has dragged on too long. As it stands, we need another striker and we obviously have money to spend to get it.
  • Options
    @Transfernews.Charlton are set to announce the signing of Andy Delort tomorrow after the club have seemed to finalise a fee for the French striker #cafc
    I don't know reliable they are. So I won't hold my breath.
  • Options
    If it happens, it happens and if it don't, it don't. We'll have other targets. Not overly bothered as an pretty confident with Vetokele although church pushed down the pecking order a bit more would be nice
  • Options
    Some foreign twitter on there mentioning galatasaray
  • Options
    No doubt that Bob will be asked about him tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

3m odd quid could get us a really decent striker. Hopefully we are looking at plenty of other options.

Stevie May? (a lot less than 3m)
    Dom Dwyer? (as above)
    Simon Cox?

Must be plenty of others.

Been saying for a while that Stevie May would be a good shout.

Not to say Delort won't be, though know nothing about him either way!

• Options
    colin1961 said:

The deal is still on .... He is in London talks will continue in the morning to iron the final details .... Hopefully deal will be confirmed tomorrow press day at the training ground No other teams involved now it's just as
    There no real hurry on our side he will not feature on Saturday ...
    Might be we want to name both deals at the same time ?

Charlton will not be held to ransom and Bellevue a lower down payment and bigger incentives if he does well is the right way to go on a player yet to prove himself at this level .

Is Colin reliable? Hopefully this is true because I've seen a few people say it's off.
  • Options

Clearly it's his agent trying to get the most money for his client. Can't say I blame them either judging by some of the interest he has received from various clubs.

Saying that, we have gone a bit mental on this one signing based on a decent you tube video. Hope he is as good as he is sounds.

Having watched the youtube vid he looks pretty average & surely not worth 2.5 mill, yes he scored goals & looks very quick but against poor defending & goalkeeping & appeared to be easily moved off the ball.If anything possibly one for the future, surely not ready for championship football. Hope that I'm dreadfully wrong ;-)
  • Options
    Reams is a liar, for those of you who looked on ITTV and saw that he was supposed to play tours next match, he isn't. Tours have put up the match day squad and he isn't in it! Surely we have him?
  • Options
    Another great scoop there.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Reams is backtracking... Has this happened before?!
  • Options

Reams is backtracking... Has this happened before?!

Who is cafc_harry what does he look like and where does he sit?
  • Options
    By my reckoning he has a success rate of about 5%
    I'm amazed that some people are still gullible enough to listen to his tosh.
  • Options
    I am not Reams biggest fan but the mods here have repeatedly asked people to lay off the petty remarks about him and you two don't seem able to help yourselves. Give it a rest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I really hope we can get this rumour of Delort coming to us sorted out. It seems to have deflected any real thoughts of the first game in my eyes. Athletico did say it was nearly a done deal, fingers crossed it does get done as he could be the final piece in the jigsaw.
  • Options

I am not Reams biggest fan but the mods here have repeatedly asked people to lay off the petty remarks about him and you two don't seem able to help yourselves. Give it a rest.

Agreed. Reams always gets a good scoop and the abuse he gets from some members of this community is shocking. You should all hang your heads in shame.

Can we talk about rumours now please?
  • Options
    Is that it?!
  • Options
    I heard we might be getting a player called 'Andy Delort'.

He's a French geezer who scored a fair few last season in Ligue 2.

Anyone else heard this?
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I heard we might be getting a player called 'Andy Delort'.

He's a French geezer who scored a fair few last season in Ligue 2.

Anyone else heard this?

A successful summary of the last 40 pages of this thread and the last 5 days of my life, all in 3 short sentences.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Going to The Valley today, (to visit the club shop) will report back on anything interesting I happen across.

Which will obviously be nothing.

Be careful in the car park. Very easy to turn your ankle in the potholes.

• Options
    Christ almighty this geezer ain't Lionel Messi!!

Please sign or say you're signing or disappear back to wherever you came from!! Getting beyond the joke now and I'm sure someone is enjoying it!

COYR....

• Options
    edited August 2014

And let's be honest no one had heard of the French league 2 striker before this week

So what? You think any supporters of French League 2 clubs have the slightest inkling of the names of any Championship strikers?
    Greenie said:

I have it on good authority that the deal will be announced once Scarfy is back from his holiday!

Hope he went somewhere cold.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!