Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Essex_Al said:

Burnley are reportedly looking to sign Bolton striker Marvin Sordell. #clarets #bwfc

Sordell in the Prem, whatever next!

I think Marvin might have played under Dyche at Watford. So its a possibility
    he did, on talk sport a few months back he said he was the best he had played under if i remember right
  • I think Sordell proved towards the end of the season that he is not a bad player and can score goals. He just needs to be managed properly as Riga found. I wouldn't mind having him back with us next season if he came back with his end of season attitude, but i think Prem is a bit much for him.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4m
    Michael Morrison interesting Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan. #cafc man out of contract at end of this month. Story in today's paper.

More than an echo of the kermorgant situation here. And we know how that ended.

Completely different!
  • The centre back situation is confusing me no end. We have had situations where we are light before. But without Morro signed up, and if Wood goes, we literally don't have a single centre back on our books.

Well, we do have young Harry Lennon, but we do need 2 or 3 more experienced players ahead of him at this stage
  • Gomez also will feature I reckon
  • markmc68 said:

Do you think wood would be allowed to leave if Morrison wasn't going to re sign ? Mmmm let me think.

Who knows. This is Duchatelet we're talking about.
  • Well the good thing is if Morrison goes and Wood goes the board won't bring in any more CBs and we will get relegated...... oh wait hang on. Come on guys and gals, there is no way we will start the season without recognised CBs. Yes we want signings now to ease our concerns and yes we as fans would like Morrison to stay. But if he and Wood go the board will not leave us weak at the back and will have to bring people in. They know that.

I have to admit i am getting anxious about hearing of new signings crossing the line and completed, but its just a patience game unfortunately.
  • Madz said:

Well the good thing is if Morrison goes and Wood goes the board won't bring in any more CBs and we will get relegated...... oh wait hang on. Come on guys and gals, there is no way we will start the season without recognised CBs. Yes we want signings now to ease our concerns and yes we as fans would like Morrison to stay. But if he and Wood go the board will not leave us weak at the back and will have to bring people in. They know that.

I have to admit i am getting anxious about hearing of new signings crossing the line and completed, but its just a patience game unfortunately.

Don't worry, the majority of our new signings will all be here in 10 days ;-)

Has he signed a pro contract yet?

• Sponsored links:

Has he signed a pro contract yet?

It hasn't been mentioned but one of the other players mentioned he was back in training - in other pro sports you wouldn't normally put yourself at risk without a contract so i took this as good news, maybe it will be announced soon

• seth plum said:

Have you lot seen Joe Gomez? He is just 17 and hasn't finished growing, talented tho he is, don't you think we need to have a bit more at the back there?

agreed, gomez will be a starter no doubt in a couple of seasons or so, but at the moment he's growing, so still a little lean and from what i could tell needs a bit of work in the air but after that he'll be a top prem defender no doubt.
  • Redhenry said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4m
    Michael Morrison interesting Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan. #cafc man out of contract at end of this month. Story in today's paper.

Completely different!
    Really?
    Player contract nearly up. Check

Player states he wants to stay. He loves it here.Check

Player offered new contract. Check

Player not totally happy with offer. Check

Agent starts hoaring his name to all and sundry. Check

Do tell?
  • Could see morrison going to ipswich, its closer to home for him.
  • Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?
    In the interest of balanced reporting, you forgot:-

Player refuses to play when contract extension is triggered and trys to hold CAFC to ransom.
  • Greenie said:

Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?

Player refuses to play when contract extension is triggered and trys to hold CAFC to ransom.
    Source?
  • edited June 2014

Greenie said:

Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?

Source?
    Just an educated guess like plenty on here.
  • At the moment he would get bullied by experienced players. I'm sure he will get on the bench at some point but it would worry me if he's one of our first two cb's right now.
  • Gomez won'tbe our first choice but will be involved at times without a doubt should he sign your right h I was a bit presumptuous

• Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?
    Not true. I'm sure Essex al said he's expecting to sign a contract when hes back from holiday
  • Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?
    Not true. I'm sure Essex al said he's expecting to sign a contract when hes back from holiday
    Ahhh the ever reliable source that is Essex Al
  • Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?
    Better than making bullshit assumptions is it not?
  • If we're going to play the Belgian way we won't need defenders.... I don't know what you're all worried about
  • Don't worry Al. Keep it in perspective.
    1 silly comment, although there's probably been hundreds of views.
  • That comment wasn't aimed towards Essex Al btw
  • Essex_Al said:

Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?

Redhenry said:

Completely different!
    Really?

Do tell?

What an exceptionally strange comment to make!

I have been on CL since it started and never pretended to be in the know about anything. From memory I can only think of three occassions in all that time that I was priviliged to some info. The first when I was correctly told that Francis Jeffers was signing, the second was info with regards to Paul Hayes and now, I have just stumbled across some info about Michael Morrison. I have never claimed it to be nailed on, just passing on info that I have been told by a source who is meant to be very close to Morro.

I really don't know if it is true, but this wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone remained silent!

Your damned if you do, and damned if you don't on here!
    Ignore the freak shows on here Al, tell us what you hear mate, its appreciated by most.
  • Keep it coming Essex Al, I appreciate any RUMOURS you have.
  • Agree with VG.

You don't claim to be ITK, but simply pass on what you have been told, and sometimes it is discussed normally. But not on this occasion.

Next time Essex Al, can you please vet your source, by any means possible. Does he pass the height test, criminal record, friends/relatives at CAFC? If he doesnt successfully pass this criteria, dont you dare post it on a public forum ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!