Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Surprised to read that Ryan Babel is still only 27. He seems to have been around for ages.
  • The rumours are coming thick and fast now!
  • Atletico addick and reams both seem to be saying that there will be a number of players announced by next week and all from overseas.

Reams also said we're closing in on COG which is good news.
  • dickplumb said:

That young lady is Kate Upton. She is the nearest thing to perfection you are ever likely to find.

each to their own but I would say , looking at that photo, that she is a bit out of proportion......
    this is brilliant from you Golfie.

You've told us about some of your dates remember
  • Atletico addick and reams both seem to be saying that there will be a number of players announced by next week and all from overseas.

But it isn't news. It's something someone's said.
    It's as near as news as you can get, and I'm not just guessing. Not sure on exact dates but all will be revealed soon, I'd guess at Monday being the busy day, but all depends on the time these players can get their medicals and paperwork sorted. Not sure r.e. CO'G, sounds about right though r.e. his agent trying for better and not finding it so coming back to us, works in RD's favour too as he's not being negotiated to paying more than he wants.

O'Grady can take a running jump. He's been playing everyone trying to grab as much money as possible to find that no one will pay his ridiculous wage demands and now wants to come here. Fella's attitude stinks.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:

Atletico addick and reams both seem to be saying that there will be a number of players announced by next week and all from overseas.

O'Grady can take a running jump. He's been playing everyone trying to grab as much money as possible to find that no one will pay his ridiculous wage demands and now wants to come here. Fella's attitude stinks.
    It's probably not him but one of these agents that try to convince the players and potential suitors that he's worth much more than he actually is. Plenty of these guys around and I hope they are going to get a reality check from now.
  • Don't blame him! If I had more than one company after me I would do the same and maximize the best deal I could. Doesn't mean he won't give 100% to whoever pays him. Its a short career gotta get as much as you can when the opportunity comes.
  • It's called negotiating. Guarentee it happens with every player. Can morro and Poyet take a running jump cos they're negotiating?
  • Bagpuss said:

No harm in negotiating. If we sign COG I will welcome him.

Absolutely, if he/the agent thought he COULD get higher wages, he had the right to ask. Didn't get it? Fine, renegotiate. Happens all the time.
  • shirty5 said:

Atletico addick and reams both seem to be saying that there will be a number of players announced by next week and all from overseas.

I can't just see it now.

COG "I want 12k a week"

Charlton "sorry, the most we can go to is £250 a week + a £1 goal bonus (which you won't get as we don't create chances)

COG "deal, now where do I sign this 8 year contract?"
  • shirty5 said:

Really ! We were in for O'Grady quite early so why should he jump at the first offer he gets. We set our bar and he had a look see to better it or find a deal that fitted his circumstances to his best advantage. If we turn out to be his best option then great. If he comes in. Welcome Chris.

• Anyone gonna camp outside Sparrows Lane and see who is gonna turn up for a medical !
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

I don't understand people who think we will just announce 4/5 signings at this press conference. Do people expect a load of Players to walk out one by one, to the shock horror of all three news shopper Journalists present?

As said above I don't think we've ever announced signings at press conferences.

I'm expecting to see some signings next week with players making up their minds before pre-season training starts.
  • Wouldn't it be hilarious if we actually signed Hoolahan now?
  • I thought hoolahan was going to Villa. Seems recent rumours would have us spending about 5m if they all come off.

I have a feeling Poyet will sign and be off in January to balance the FFP if all these come in
  • I thought hoolahan was going to Villa. Seems recent rumours would have us spending about 5m if they all come off.

I have a feeling Poyet will sign and be off in January to balance the FFP if all these come in

If you read back a few pages you'll find that northstanddanno said he was going to post the Hoolihan rumour himself on fr just to see it appear on here. Just goes to show never to trust fr - anyone can pots anything they like.....and generally do.
  • J BLOCK said:

I don't understand people who think we will just announce 4/5 signings at this press conference. Do people expect a load of Players to walk out one by one, to the shock horror of all three news shopper Journalists present?

YES !!!!!

• edited June 2014

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Date of birth 10 March 1988 (age 26)
    Place of birth Duffel, Belgium
    Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
    Playing position Midfielder
    Club information
    Current club Standard Liège
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2004–2009 Lierse SK 88 (4)
    2009–2011 KV Mechelen 64 (2)
    2011– Standard Liège 93 (12)
    National team‡
    2006–2007 Belgium U19 8 (0)
    2009–2010 Belgium U21 2 (0)

• Seemed to start most games for Liege last season, wonder what changed?
  • edited June 2014
    nichorob said:

Seemed to start most games for Liege last season, wonder what changed?

The mighty Charlton came calling
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!