Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Deano hardly ever came for crosses and a lot of people consider him our best ever goalkeeper...

I think Deano was a very intelligent keeper - it isn't that he didn't go for crosses, but he knew which ones to go for.
  • Deano hardly ever came for crosses and a lot of people consider him our best ever goalkeeper...

I think Deano was a very intelligent keeper - it isn't that he didn't go for crosses, but he knew which ones to go for.
    I used to love it when he sprinted out to close attackers down, he invariably got it wrong. Like the day flattened Saha, that was probably his only weakness.
  • TelMc32 said:

SexyDave said:

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Date of birth 10 March 1988 (age 26)
    Place of birth Duffel, Belgium
    Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
    Playing position Midfielder
    Club information
    Current club Standard Liège
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2004–2009 Lierse SK 88 (4)
    2009–2011 KV Mechelen 64 (2)
    2011– Standard Liège 93 (12)
    National team‡
    2006–2007 Belgium U19 8 (0)
    2009–2010 Belgium U21 2 (0)

Only the third person I've met or heard of with the same birthday as me.
    My dad has the same birthday! And one of my ex's...
    I hope I'm not your dad.
    But you're not fussed about possibly being his ex???

;-)
    As I know I'm neither female nor gay, I know I can't be his ex, regardless of his sexuality.

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Club information
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    National team‡

Ha, it's covered end junior's birthday as well.
    @covered end junior‌ A belated happy birthday.

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Club information
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    National team‡

Ha, it's covered end junior's birthday as well.
    Also mine and my twin brother Brighton addick as well. Boring now too many of us with the same birthday!!!
    With a world population of approximately 7,000,000,000, there are about 20,000,000 of us.

• Linked with this guy from Club Brugge, Lior Refaelov. Dudu is his agent.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lior_Refaelov
  • TelMc32 said:

SexyDave said:

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Club information
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    National team‡

My dad has the same birthday! And one of my ex's...
    I hope I'm not your dad.
    But you're not fussed about possibly being his ex???

;-)
    As I know I'm neither female nor gay, I know I can't be his ex, regardless of his sexuality.
    How do you know I'm a man? Ahh wait
    ... Damn username!
  • So let me get this errr straight the real rumour at the moment is……….Sexydave is a woman
  • Sponsored links:

As long as it isn't a description of his ability ;-)

• Richard J said:

Picked this up from Twitter but couldn't translate . Does this mean Logan Bailly might go to Standard?

http://www.footgoal.net/suite.php?selection=100599

Le gardien de but belge, Logan Bailly, n’évoluera plus à Oud-Heverlee Louvain lors de la prochaine saison. Le club qui vient d’être rétrogradé en Belgacom League n’a plus les moyens de se payer ses services et le joueur est donc libre de se trouver un nouveau club. Roland Duchâtelet serait intéressé par l’ancien Diable Rouge.

L’ancien Diable Rouge, Logan Bailly, n’accompagnera pas Oud-Heverlee Louvain en division 2 mais le joueur peut déjà compter sur l’intérêt de Roland Duchâtelet qui l’aurait contacté. Le gardien de but pourrait évoluer au Standard de Liège lors de la prochaine saison en cas de départ de Eiji Kawashima mais il pourrait aussi être prêté à Charlton si le gardien japonais restait en bords de Meuse.

The Belgian goalkeeper Logan Bailly no longer evolve Oud-Heverlee Leuven in the next season. The club which has been downgraded to Belgacom League no longer has the means to pay for his services and the player is free to find a new club. Roland Duchâtelet would be interested in the former Red Devil.

The former Red Devil, Logan Bailly, will not accompany Oud-Heverlee Leuven, Division 2, but the player can already count on the interest that would Roland Duchâtelet contacted. The goalkeeper could evolve Standard Liege in the next season if from Eiji Kawashima but it could also be loaned to Charlton if the Japanese goalkeeper remained banks of the Meuse.

I think that this romour has been done before
  • Loco said:

Richard J said:

Picked this up from Twitter but couldn't translate . Does this mean Logan Bailly might go to Standard?

http://www.footgoal.net/suite.php?selection=100599

Le gardien de but belge, Logan Bailly, n’évoluera plus à Oud-Heverlee Louvain lors de la prochaine saison. Le club qui vient d’être rétrogradé en Belgacom League n’a plus les moyens de se payer ses services et le joueur est donc libre de se trouver un nouveau club. Roland Duchâtelet serait intéressé par l’ancien Diable Rouge.

L’ancien Diable Rouge, Logan Bailly, n’accompagnera pas Oud-Heverlee Louvain en division 2 mais le joueur peut déjà compter sur l’intérêt de Roland Duchâtelet qui l’aurait contacté. Le gardien de but pourrait évoluer au Standard de Liège lors de la prochaine saison en cas de départ de Eiji Kawashima mais il pourrait aussi être prêté à Charlton si le gardien japonais restait en bords de Meuse.

The Belgian goalkeeper Logan Bailly no longer evolve Oud-Heverlee Leuven in the next season. The club which has been downgraded to Belgacom League no longer has the means to pay for his services and the player is free to find a new club. Roland Duchâtelet would be interested in the former Red Devil.

The former Red Devil, Logan Bailly, will not accompany Oud-Heverlee Leuven, Division 2, but the player can already count on the interest that would Roland Duchâtelet contacted. The goalkeeper could evolve Standard Liege in the next season if from Eiji Kawashima but it could also be loaned to Charlton if the Japanese goalkeeper remained banks of the Meuse.
    Prefer my translation on the last page ;-)
  • vffvff
    edited June 2014

Deano hardly ever came for crosses and a lot of people consider him our best ever goalkeeper...

There is a big difference between a goalkeeper knowing which crosses to go for and a goalkeeper being really crap at crosses and hopeless in the air. This is the UK, what is needed is a defence and goal keeper who can competently deal with crosses. Otherwise that weakness will be exploited and hammered home all season.

Watching the world cup game Russia vs Belgium and the Belgium keeper punched the ball instead of catching it. Most of the Belgium league games are the same as well. It is a definite weakness in the Belgium game. Not everything done in Belgium is naturally better the British way.

A keeper who does not know how to catch the balll better be prepared to learn pretty quick. Better still lets have a decent keeper who is competent in the air in the first place.
  • edited June 2014
    vff said:

Deano hardly ever came for crosses and a lot of people consider him our best ever goalkeeper...

There is a big difference between a goalkeeper knowing which crosses to go for and a goalkeeper being really crap at crosses and hopeless in the air. This is the UK, what is needed is a defence and goal keeper who can competently deal with crosses. Otherwise that weakness will be exploited and hammered home all season.

Watching the world cup game Russia vs Belgium and the Belgium keeper punched the ball instead of catching it. Most of the Belgium league games are the same as well. It is a definite weakness in the Belgium game. Not everything done in Belgium is naturally better the British way.

A keeper who does not know how to catch the balll better be prepared to learn pretty quick. Better still lets have a decent keeper who is competent in the air in the first place.
    A factor that we forget in Britain when we see keepers punch the ball is the ball itself. It is now a twitchy light thing that moves much more. There is a risk attached in trying to catch everything and whilst undoubtably keepers sometimes punch when they can catch - this is the rationale for this.

We also like commanding keepers coming out and claiming high balls - but we shouldn't like balls tamely going in right in the middle of the goal if the keeper gets this wrong. We need keepers who can make the instant risk assessment and decide what is best. I will always be grateful to Lionel Perez for his suicidal charge of his line in the play off final, but I would rather my keeper stayed on his line! Hamer conceded a goal at home to Sheff Wed the season before last which I think illustrates perfectly. They had one player in the box who was being marked. For me, a player being marked is going to be severely restricted in what they can do with their header as opposed to being free - so he should have stayed on his line - ready to save a header made under pressure. He came off his line - the cross looped over our defender and the header was another looper that crossed the line at very little pace. This is the Kiely intelligence I was referring to. Kiely was probably the best Charlton keeper we have had for a very long time and we should appreciate that fact!
  • Agree that Dean Kiely was a great goalkeeper for Charlton. Charlton have had some great keeper over the years and I think that Charlton supporters have high standards. Thats why Thuram was such a shock. I am hoping that Pope is a developing keeper who will be in that great tradition.
  • edited June 2014
    His record with York suggests he has something. Keeping a clean sheet in lower leagues is just as hard as doing so in the higher ones and he kept a fair few of those!
  • vff said:

Agree that Dean Kiely was a great goalkeeper for Charlton. Charlton have had some great keeper over the years and I think that Charlton supporters have high standards. Thats why Thuram was such a shock. I am hoping that Pope is a developing keeper who will be in that great tradition.

He was a shock even at League Two, plus his attitude stinks, shouldn't of been anywhere near Charlton. Lucky we still had Hamer the end of last season or we wouldn't be in the league we are still.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hate to be a CL nazi but....rumours?
  • There ain't any V11 ;-))
  • Why is it impossible to keep threads as the heading implies. How many fans have seen new comments and come on hoping for news and find out it all about players long gone. Sorry but I am doing it now!
  • ross1 said:

Why is it impossible to keep threads as the heading implies. How many fans have seen new comments and come on hoping for news and find out it all about players long gone. Sorry but I am doing it now!

It is related to the rumour of the Belgium goalkeeper arriving, ( I have forgotten his name) and the desire for a decent standard goalkeeper who is not rubbish in the air like the last one from Belgium.
  • Redhenry said:

1% rumours, 10% nonsense, 89% unfunny jokes.

Not enjoying the thread then RH ?
  • Guesses on which post number the next brand new rumour will appear?
  • Guesses on which post number the next brand new rumour will appear?

this one. i heard that we will announce a signing tomorrow which might be a surprise for some people.
  • A few rumours on Twitter that they'll be signings announced today. Hasn't Bobby P got his press conference today?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!