Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Scoham said:

Sky Sports saying Harry Osborne has agreed a new 1 year deal. SLP suggested that a while ago but I guess it's being finalised soon.

One year ending at the end of the season. So if it does not work out, all well and good but if he blsossoms in too a star defender then we have another Poyet situation ?

• 13:12 - Sky Sports Transfer Centre

A number of Championship and League One sides are chasing Tottenham's Jonathan Obika. The likes of Charlton, Doncaster Rovers, Barnsley and Bristol City are all tracking the versatile forward.
  • Swisdom said:

Nego looked absolutely awful when I saw him play, honestly looked like such a liability

He's played one game and it was the day after he joined. He's also barely played in 2 or 3 years. Give the lad a break for christs sake

Did you see the game he played? Dived into every single tackle, caught out of position several times, passing shoddy
    I was at Wigan and he was not great and off the pace but I think he should not be written off on that 1 game.
  • I have seen Loic play for the development squad and he didn't stand out as out of place. No prediction for him from me, but he is not Anil Koc that's for sure.
  • edited June 2014
    vff said:

Scoham said:

Sky Sports saying Harry Osborne has agreed a new 1 year deal. SLP suggested that a while ago but I guess it's being finalised soon.

One year ending at the end of the season. So if it does not work out, all well and good but if he blsossoms in too a star defender then we have another Poyet situation ?

He's already 20 years old and hasn't got anywhere near the first team yet. Not the age to give a player a long term deal when they've still got a lot to prove.

We could give him a 2 or 3 year contract, but if he goes out on loan in League 1/2 and doesn't push on we're stuck with him unless someone wants to buy him or we pay up his contract.
  • Maybe there's a contract extension option for the club in there, or a wage-hike based on league appearances
  • Forget loic nego. We want rumours.
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 53s

I feel a new signing coming on….. #cafc
  • Charlton Athletic FC ‏@CAFCofficial 17s

OFFICIAL: Charlton have completed the signing of Igor Vetokele on a five-year deal --> http://bit.ly/1jLcp20 #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• I must say that I was amazed that Nego never got another chance after that one game. We lost to two late goals after Wigan had the ball pretty much all game. Granted there were better defenders on the day, but he could not have been too much of a liability could he? For a first game, under those circumstances, it seemed pretty creditable.
  • Peeters may be the one to instill confidence into the lad
  • sam3110 said:

Charlton to sign Belgian whizzkid Origi

Or Japanese whizzkid, Origami ?

• Nego looked absolutely awful when I saw him play, honestly looked like such a liability

I thought he didn't look too bad - pretty solid and not at fault for either of Wigan's goals.
  • Swisdom said:

Nego looked absolutely awful when I saw him play, honestly looked like such a liability

He's played one game and it was the day after he joined. He's also barely played in 2 or 3 years. Give the lad a break for christs sake

Did you see the game he played? Dived into every single tackle, caught out of position several times, passing shoddy
    Obviously you didn't - got caught out of position once after making a great forward run in the first half.

• Have we actually been linked with any centre backs over the last few weeks ?
  • Andre Pinto, from the ever reliable Football Rumours.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/André_Almeida_Pinto
  • I wonder.

Was enjoying the positive news from today and thought about the guy on Eurostar and what Bobby P was meant to have said to him.

Interesting.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was at Wigan and whilst Nego was poor at the start he did improve as the name went on, so I suggest people don't write him off but give him a chance

To be fair it would of been impossible for him to not improve as the game went on, he started as terrible as you can get on a football pitch. :-)

• Rumours only please.
    Get excited only to continue reading about loic nego.
  • Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 29m
    Former #cafc loanee Marvin Sordell set for move to Burnley. Two clubs yet to agree a few but deal looks likely.
  • great move for marv, crazy, two poor seasons and you can end up in the premier league! Must have a great agent.
  • Looks like Burnley are looking back in the championship with signings like that!
  • Manager knows him and can see the potential - may turn out to be a great move. I wish him well.
  • Interesting move. Good luck to him.
  • Yes, good luck to him. Got the impression he was a good lad, especially with his charity work, and maybe Dyche can get the best out of him. Burnley are certainly greater than the sum of their parts.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!