Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• @Sportifun: OFFICIEEL: Yoni Buyens, middenvelder van Standard, tekende zonet 1 jaar bij Charlton Athletic. #standard #charlton http://t.co/j4F35vVRCD
  • Rod Fanni of Marseille is having a medical at Charlton today after a bid was accepted earlier this week.

Says a random account on Twitter
  • WSS said:

Rod Fanni of Marseille is having a medical at Charlton today after a bid was accepted earlier this week.

Another name joke ?
  • I keep thinking these names are made up. But lo and behold there is a Rod Fanni.
  • dickplumb said:

I keep thinking these names are made up. But lo and behold there is a Rod Fanni.

I know there is but someone on here yesterday linked us wrongly with all the players with silly names.

Having said that , posts on twitter say he has been told not to turn up for pre season training at Marseille.
  • Buyens is a decent player for my Liege team on Football Manager. That's good enough for me. ;-)

I imagine he'll be a like for like replacement for Poyet and definitely a step up from the Standard loanees we've had so far.
  • WSS said:

Rod Fanni of Marseille is having a medical at Charlton today after a bid was accepted earlier this week.

I would be suprised by this.

Although he was linked with West Ham a year or so ago, so maybe he fancies moving to London.

I would be very happy to have him competing with Solly at RB.

Would mean Wilson could focus on playing RM.
  • Look, if no one can make up a good football chant with that sort of material (Rod Fanni) then our national game is more than doomed I tell you!
  • Sponsored links:

• Rod Fanni is class and IMO BPL standard easily , however he wasn't at Marseilles Pre Season training today so he's certainly going somewhere....
  • Essex_Al said:

Redhenry said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4m
    Michael Morrison interesting Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan. #cafc man out of contract at end of this month. Story in today's paper.

More than an echo of the kermorgant situation here. And we know how that ended.

Completely different!
    Really?
    Player contract nearly up. Check

Player states he wants to stay. He loves it here.Check

Player offered new contract. Check

Player not totally happy with offer. Check

Agent starts hoaring his name to all and sundry. Check

Do tell?
    Not true. I'm sure Essex al said he's expecting to sign a contract when hes back from holiday
    Ahhh the ever reliable source that is Essex Al

Redhenry said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 4m
    Michael Morrison interesting Ipswich, Rotherham and Wigan. #cafc man out of contract at end of this month. Story in today's paper.

More than an echo of the kermorgant situation here. And we know how that ended.

Completely different!
    Really?
    Player contract nearly up. Check

Player states he wants to stay. He loves it here.Check

Player offered new contract. Check

Player not totally happy with offer. Check

Agent starts hoaring his name to all and sundry. Check

Do tell?
    Not true. I'm sure Essex al said he's expecting to sign a contract when hes back from holiday
    Ahhh the ever reliable source that is Essex Al

What an exceptionally strange comment to make!

I have been on CL since it started and never pretended to be in the know about anything. From memory I can only think of three occassions in all that time that I was priviliged to some info. The first when I was correctly told that Francis Jeffers was signing, the second was info with regards to Paul Hayes and now, I have just stumbled across some info about Michael Morrison. I have never claimed it to be nailed on, just passing on info that I have been told by a source who is meant to be very close to Morro.

I really don't know if it is true, but this wouldn't be much of a forum if everyone remained silent!

Your damned if you do, and damned if you don't on here!
    It was a joke. Sorry for any offence caused.
  • Get following him on Instagram. Mrs Buyens is another good signing.
  • Rod Fanni would be a quality signing, means Solly would have a lot more competition for RB saying that I used to play Fanni as WB in Football Manager !
  • Can Fanni play centre back? If so then he would be very welcome . If he did come I suspect Nego might be let go now , I am sceptical though because of the comedy value of the name.

Doesn't our former centre back Diawara play for Marseille?
  • Rod fanni is one of the best right backs in Ligue 1 no chance of him swapping marseille for South east London
  • Yoni is a 1 year loan on OS. Bottom of article says
    Charlton announced earlier in the week that a fee had been agreed with F.C. Copenhagen for Igor Vetokele. The striker will arrive in London in the coming days to discuss personal terms and undergo a medical before a possible transfer can be completed.
  • Charlton to sign Herman Kuntz. They've now made a pledge to keep the Koc's and Kuntz together!
  • Sponsored links:

• He was born in duffel...?

I'll get my coat...

Damn you! Beat me.
  • edited June 2014
    Logan Bailly state according to The Latest News on the verge of signing for Charlton Athletic. The Belgian can transfer free transmission of Oud-Heverlee Leuven.

Bailly has a clause in his contract that he be allowed to leave as free OHL club class would go. Second That happened unfortunately for Leuven. Bailly find Bob Peeters already a Belgian coach back in the English second division.

The Liege will be similarly teammate of other compatriot Igor Vetokele. Who came for two million euros from FC Copenhagen. Bailly said earlier that he would like to stay in Belgium, but he did not rule out overseas.

*translated
  • Also in for Chad de Chap, Brian de Brov & Guy de Geezer,

I think you are perhaps missing the point here. Mark de Man as a name for a defender is funny because a defender has to "mark the man".

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Date of birth 10 March 1988 (age 26)
    Place of birth Duffel, Belgium
    Height 1.82 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
    Playing position Midfielder
    Club information
    Current club Standard Liège
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    2004–2009 Lierse SK 88 (4)
    2009–2011 KV Mechelen 64 (2)
    2011– Standard Liège 93 (12)
    National team‡
    2006–2007 Belgium U19 8 (0)
    2009–2010 Belgium U21 2 (0)

Only the third person I've met or heard of with the same birthday as me.
  • Atletico addick and reams both seem to be saying that there will be a number of players announced by next week and all from overseas.

Reams also said we're closing in on COG which is good news.

But it isn't news. It's something someone's said.
    Maybe he means it's good news that Reams said it.
  • Richard J said:

I have always posted Football Rumours on here not because I believed them , but I have enjoy the speculation and this thread is the place to dump everything . I know 90% of it is 12 year olds who play FIFA and Football Manager.

FR has very occasionally got it right in the past. Last year I remember reading about Ben Alnwick there before anywhere else. This window I have noticed they have changed their system so that names appear on all of the rumours. Someone called Scottyp posted about Babbel and Bentaleb , next week will probably determine whether we take him seriously or as I suspect ignore him in future.

When I posted about Pinto I identified it was from 'Stella'. So far he has only posted the Belgian rumours Lior Refaelov and Ivan Tričkovski , like Scottyp I suspect next week we will know whether he has genuinely got inside info although I have to say they feel at this stage as though they could be credible.

I see Damo made good his promise and someone else has a GSOH.

20 Jun 2014 23:53:30
    Charlton will sign Marcus Bent on a free in the upcoming days, another potential buy could be Danny Kedwell however there is a LOT of competition for his signature. Blackpool are one of these clubs

Cafcfan12

20 Jun 2014 23:17:07
    Charlton are in talks with Wes Hoolahan and hope to tie up a deal in the next week or so

damonorthstand

More chance of signing Val Doonican.

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Club information
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    National team‡

My dad has the same birthday! And one of my ex's...
  • SexyDave said:

Full name Yoni Buyens
    Club information
    Number 17
    Senior career*
    Years Team Apps† (Gls)†
    National team‡

My dad has the same birthday! And one of my ex's...
    I hope I'm not your dad.
    But you're not fussed about possibly being his ex???

;-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!