Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM Speaks Out - Riga, Departures, Next Season

Comments

• Options

Just a reminder - when Les Reed was appointed first team coach in 1995 the FA forced him to serve out his notice period with them. In practice Les was at Charlton all the time out of work hours until he officially started. The geography is different with Peeters but so is the communications technology. If he doesn't appear in the meantime I don't think we can entirely discount the possibility that RD is choosing not to employ him until the beginning of July, although I accept the situation with his former club is a more likely explanation.

Noted. I would just comment that especially then the FA were run by a bunch of bureaucrats with zero business background. No idea who owns Beveren, but most businesses don't want dead wood around the place, and that is what Peeters is now to them.
    Some businesses are vindictive and will hold employees to their notice period on gardening leave. A friend of mine was put on gardening leave and given a list do people they were not allowed to speak to, the only good news was that I was on that list.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    In case it all goes t*ts up can I say good luck for the future Bob, RD must be mad letting you go back to Beveren. Charlton through and through. I may not renew the ST I haven't bought in protest. BP 105%.
  • Options
    Addicted said:

CL: "Hey, hey Charlton, say something, hey... hey say something, we want you to say something"

[Insert Official Club Statement straight from Director of football club explaining the situation in detail]

CL: "Hey, hey Charlton, that's not what we wanted to hear, say something different, hey... hey say something, say we're going to be in the Premier League, say we're going to buy seven world class strikers (..mumbles about going down)"

Thank you for the official statement to the fans, it is appreciated. Onwards and upwards.

Fail to see how that statement explains anything 'in detail', particularly what is going on now and up until the beginning of the season.

Nor do I see people clamoring for Prem League. Or seven strikers. One would be nice though!

Bit of an inaccurate simplification of the situation to be honest.

Just like this:

"Who's picking the team Bob?"

I don't agree. What you've just said is a perfect example of a fan expecting too much from his club, and not just being grateful for getting something that has previously been bemoaned for its absence.

Fans want clarification on the situation regarding the outgoing/incoming head coach. And that clarification is exactly what we got. Here's our decision, and here's the thought process behind it.

You say it doesn't explain 'what is going on now and up until the beginning of the season'. No, it doesn't. It also doesn't explain why the cookie monster loves cookies so god damn much, but that wasn't really what the statement was about was it.
  • Options
  • Options

Just spent the afternoon in the company of bob and Roland

Very interesting times ahead

Now lithe almost everything else in this thread and numerous others

It could be bullshit or it could be true only a few really know

It's time for all fans to sit back and watch don't double guess and try to enjoy the summer ahead

All the worry and woe won't change anything nor will it make you feel better

Wait till the season starts it could be another long tough one and you'll need your energy

Now did bob tell me that or did I make it up

Big difference between that and hearing on multiple occasions from people with links on the inside of the club what the situation is
  • Options

Which I suggest is precisely why such a clause will be inserted in the contract to prevent any unapproved defection mid season - who is going to wait for a month for a head coach at such a time - and make it bloody awkward even during the close season. It is meant to be a deterrent to someone poaching their head coach.

The 60 odd articles on Waasland Beveren at the time of the initial story indicated they were adamant they had a case for a considerable compensation package in respect of his contract until 2015. Though journalists in contact with Peeters seemed to indicated they were only entitled to compensation for the first 3 months of the remaining contract.

I have never heard of a football manager being put on gardening leave. It strikes me that the short term nature of employment means none would sign such a contract. They would fear being out of the game for a year. And its expensive for the employer, who would effectively pay two salaries, as someone else would need to come in.

Tango man made Steve Bruce go on gardening leave when he was poached by Brum from Palarse
  • Options
    Hull City put Philip Brown on gardening leave,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have not read every post so apologies in advance if this has already been said, but wasnt Curbs put on gardening leave when he refused to extend his contract when he had 12 months left to run.
  • Options
    Getting back to KMs message sounds like she has said what we wanted to hear....My company comes out with all good will statements every year especially around pay rise timesand then does nothing
  • Options

Have not read every post so apologies in advance if this has already been said, but wasnt Curbs put on gardening leave when he refused to extend his contract when he had 12 months left to run.

No he was effectively sacked but in a nice way, his contract was cancelkled and he was paid compensation.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

No he was effectively sacked but in a nice way, his contract was cancelkled and he was paid compensation.
    But during that 12 month period i dont think he was allowed to talk to other clubs regarding being their manager as was srill on the payroll.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

But during that 12 month period i dont think he was allowed to talk to other clubs regarding being their manager as was srill on the payroll.
    Curbs joined West Ham, replacing Pardew, six months after leaving Charlton.
  • Options
    @chippycafc you maybe getting confused with his departure from West Ham when for legal reasons he was unable to seek further employment until the legal case was resolved.
  • Options
    Don't know if this happened with Curbs but I understand Kenny Jackett was due to be paid a year's salary by the Spanners last year ,but this was in the end paid by Wolves instead as he took over at Molineaux.
  • Options
    Fantastic piece by Matt Wright. Sums up perfectly what's going on without the feel of it being a snipe .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Agreed a well thought through and written piece. Very factual and if RD and KM were to read it a lot of good advice for them to get the valley faithful onside.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Agreed a well thought through and written piece. Very factual and if RD and KM were to read it a lot of good advice for them top get the valley faithful onside.

Not sure RD does advice and pretty sure KM does what RD tells her to.

• Options
    Great piece'
  • Options

Kap10 said:

Agreed a well thought through and written piece. Very factual and if RD and KM were to read it a lot of good advice for them top get the valley faithful onside.

Not sure RD does advice and pretty sure KM does what RD tells her to.

Never said I expected them to take it!!
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    A very well written piece and contains ideas we [edit] communicated to the club throughout my time on the supporters Trust board. Communicate with the Trust and fans and let's see if we can galvanise a large number into promoting the club.
    After a promising start with Duchatelet we have a deafening silence just when the club needs to sell season tickets.
  • Options
    A nice piece of journalism. I have a question though.

I read on another thread that Bob Peeters is not due to join the Club until the 30th June. The speculation was that this is because his previous employer, Waasland-Beveren, have put him on "Gardening Leave" until his notice period runs out.

I don't know whether this is true, but if it were I assume that Peeters would be in breach of his contract with them if he were seen to communicate as the Manager of Charlton Athletic. Technically, he isn't the Manager, yet.

This would explain the lack of communication from him. Just a thought. Be interested in comments.

• Options
    If that is the case Mundell then it's exactly the type of information that the club should be giving to the fans. It's a far from satisfactory situation and if Big Bob isn't around from first day back training the knives will be out even more. A simple statement would all that needs to be made.