Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM Speaks Out - Riga, Departures, Next Season

Comments

• Options
    I don't see why the powers that be should have to elaborate on WHY they have chosen the candidate they thought was best, really. They've acknowledged JR, mentioned there were other candidates (and there is no reason to assume they are lying about that) and made a choice. That's employment in any field, football or any other.
  • Options

If you don't feed an animal for a long while it gets annoyed, ravenously angry in fact.

So when, after much wailing and a weeping and stratching at your door, you finally throw it a morsel don't be surprised if the morsel gets ripped to shreds.

On the other hand if you feed the beast on a regular basis and on a varied diet, planned out in advance, it becomes calm.

The beast considers and careful digests each meal and over time comes to trust those that feed it.

The beast may even stop being a beast. It may not turn into beauty (that is too much to ask) but it might be a loyal and useful, while still questioning, ally.

Someone's been to China for their holiday...
  • Options
    When the seagulls follow the trawler, it is because they think sardines will be thrown into the sea.
  • Options

There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know.

A plank. Donald Rumsfeld

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/d/donaldrums148142.html#4oEC0o75ozeFs1P7.99

Thanks PragueAddick! Forgot about that quote. Here's a the video featuring Rumsfeld!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQuk
  • Options

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

My fear is that he might be an Ian Dowie.

Presents himself well from an employable perspective full of enthusiasm etc, but when it comes to actually doing the job he is a joke and has no previous record of any sustainable success.

Also bald.

He won't be, as he won't have anywhere near the levels of control over player purchases that Dowie had.
    Love how a few people know this . Wish I had the inside info .
    Where do you get this blind faith from? I seriously can't get my head around it. Have you been living under a rock since January?
    Laughable statement, RD appointed Riga when we were bottom of the league and heading to L1, we played more attacking football and stayed in the Champ, that alone is a reason to celebrate our new owner. So when you talk about 'Blind Faith' we did a bit of that keeping Powell longer than if he had not been an ex Charlton player and look where it nearly got us.
    Does no one understand what RD and co did for SL? Their fans bitched and moaned initially and now look at them.
    The statement says that they looked at several candidates and Bob was the strongest to lead our club, that alone tells me that they know what they are doing, add in the new work on the pitch, the investment in the training facilities etc then there is enough facts that tells any intelligent person to believe. That is fact. All the other rumours and conspiracy theories are just bullshit spread by sad individuals who have nothing better to do.
    Alex Dyer a sad individual who has nothing better to do than make up bullshit rumours? Same with Riga's son? Same with Matt Wright, the guy who used to do comms for the club and stated our club is in a terrible state? The rest of your post was actually pretty reasonable.
    Didn't Matt wright leave before rd even come in ? Riga's son not happy he's dad didn't get a job he wanted ( shock ).
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Presents himself well from an employable perspective full of enthusiasm etc, but when it comes to actually doing the job he is a joke and has no previous record of any sustainable success.

Also bald.

He won't be, as he won't have anywhere near the levels of control over player purchases that Dowie had.
    Where do you get this blind faith from? I seriously can't get my head around it. Have you been living under a rock since January?
    Laughable statement, RD appointed Riga when we were bottom of the league and heading to L1, we played more attacking football and stayed in the Champ, that alone is a reason to celebrate our new owner. So when you talk about 'Blind Faith' we did a bit of that keeping Powell longer than if he had not been an ex Charlton player and look where it nearly got us.
    Does no one understand what RD and co did for SL? Their fans bitched and moaned initially and now look at them.
    The statement says that they looked at several candidates and Bob was the strongest to lead our club, that alone tells me that they know what they are doing, add in the new work on the pitch, the investment in the training facilities etc then there is enough facts that tells any intelligent person to believe. That is fact. All the other rumours and conspiracy theories are just bullshit spread by sad individuals who have nothing better to do.
    Alex Dyer a sad individual who has nothing better to do than make up bullshit rumours? Same with Riga's son? Same with Matt Wright, the guy who used to do comms for the club and stated our club is in a terrible state? The rest of your post was actually pretty reasonable.
    Didn't Matt wright leave before rd even come in ? Riga's son not happy he's dad didn't get a job he wanted ( shock ).
    Matt Wright still has connections at the club. The entire comms staff was hired by him. You can ask him yourself, he's a CL member and is on Twitter.

As for the previous question from OBH that you've ignored, how are we in a stronger position on the field?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yann897 said:

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Also bald.

Matt Wright still has connections at the club. The entire comms staff was hired by him. You can ask him yourself, he's a CL member and is on Twitter.

As for the previous question from OBH that you've ignored, how are we in a stronger position on the field?
    The same Matt wright that said we was doomed with Slater and Tony J maybe he's never happy lol ,
    And I suggest you both go back and read it again I said I'm confident we will START the season in a strong position on and off the field.
  • Options

Ok, so they have thanked Riga. A little late in my opinion but at least there was some thanks.

KM also used the statement to mention the new manager. In my opinion, and I'm not in the process of slitting my wrists, tying a noose around my neck or ringing the Samaritans, she should have given more information about Peeters. I see that as a normal part of a managerial appointment; especially when the new man is unknown to many of the club's fans.

Would something along the lines of this been too much to ask?

'We know some fans are unaware of the new manager and his methodology and principles of football. We believe he is an up and coming young coach who shares our vision for the club, particularly around the importance of having a vibrant and successful youth policy.

He believes that, with our support and that of the fans, he can take Charlton to the next level within a certain timeframe and bring success back to the club. '

maybe if you are patient you will get another statement about Peeters.

It's only been 48 hours since he got the job.
    Maybe I will.

But this is an opportunity lost in my opinion. Would another couple of lines regarding why Peeters has been employed have been to much to ask?
  • Options
    "And I suggest you both go back and read it again I said I'm confident we will START the season in a strong position on and off the field".

Blimey mate, let me know what happy tablets you're taking as I sure as hell want some.
  • Options
    Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Also bald.

The same Matt wright that said we was doomed with Slater and Tony J maybe he's never happy lol ,
    And I suggest you both go back and read it again I said I'm confident we will START the season in a strong position on and off the field.
    We would have been doomed with them long-term.

Then I'll ask you the same question, why? What, so far, fills you with confidence that we'll be in a strong position on the field at the start of the season?
  • Options

Yann897 said:

Yann897 said:

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Also bald.

We would have been doomed with them long-term.

Then I'll ask you the same question, why? What, so far, fills you with confidence that we'll be in a strong position on the field at the start of the season?
    Iv already wrote it on this thread but @Greenie‌ wrote it better than me and I agree with it, it's on this thread mate.

• Options
    Having read the statement, I can only think that it further endorses the excellent article that @Richard J‌ wrote about the 90 minute manager. They've looked at the advantages and disadvantages and decided to appoint Mr Bobby ...
  • Options
    Whilst i feel a lot of people's recent criticisms have certainly carried some validity, i do think a raincheck needs to be taken upon some of it.

It is summer, it would be wise to take a step back and re-assess things postively and negatively once the squad start pre-season training in 3-4 weeks time.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Katrien needs to be given a large break here. According to her mail to the Trust she is on holiday this week. I'd hazard a guess that she had no input whatsoever into this decision, but still tries to manage the fallout while on holiday. Reckon she deserves credit for that, even if inevitably she has not been able to answer all the questions people have. And as others have said, it's hard to imagine a formal statement that would answer those questions.

I agree Prague, well said,

although I am not sure she is still away, but even so I think she has tried to handle the situation. In the face of much hostility it seems that any thing she says will be denigrated.

Frankly the club, Duchatalet and Katrien are damned if the do and damned if they don't so why bother.

I am sure she is still away, based on what she wrote us. She only left last Friday! I guess she has had to watch this unfold on her iPad and then do her best to manage it. Some bloody holiday. Nobody I know, nor others who are prepared to be critical of club management, has a bad word to say about Katrien Meire. I am sure she understands about feeding the beast. The problem is, she is not the person with free access to the food cupboard.

• Options

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Also bald.

Sad bastards on here who know jack shit but think they know whats going on based on hidden agendas in many cases, AD MAY have BEEN right, two sides to every story, we've only heard his and Ive been around long enough to form an opinion on facts not half backed truths, innuendo or conspiracy theories.....hmmm...So Riga's son said his dad was unhappy he didn't get the job and loves Charlton, and your point is??

The facts do not lie, we only have the facts to go on, not heresay from two former employees and the son of a bloke who wanted a job but didn't get it.
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Also bald.

Sad bastards on here who know jack shit but think they know whats going on based on hidden agendas in many cases, AD MAY have BEEN right, two sides to every story, we've only heard his and Ive been around long enough to form an opinion on facts not half backed truths, innuendo or conspiracy theories.....hmmm...So Riga's son said his dad was unhappy he didn't get the job and loves Charlton, and your point is??

The facts do not lie, we only have the facts to go on, not heresay from two former employees and the son of a bloke who wanted a job but didn't get it.
    On that basis we can't believe what Katrien says either?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I never wanted Riga to go but I will wait and see what the window brings before I jump straight on RD/KM case.

One thing that is odd is what is RM role. we were told on the takeover he would deal with fans communication. Not heard anything since a poor performance at the 5 year season ticket meeting
  • Options

This is an absolute no win for KM and RD. No matter what she says - and by and large it will be her as we have already been told she is RDs eyes on the club - there are a percentage of people on here and other social media channels that have decided that RD and anyone associated with him is no good for CAFC.

There are a number of posters on here who are primed to jump on any snippet of gossip, rumour or fact and pour scorn on it as it suits their anti RD agenda.

This statement is by and large a thank you to Riga and is probably reactive. So what? People moaned that nothing was said when Riga left and now they are moaning because something was said.

I don't understand the dissenters, to be honest I don't really want to. Nothing I say or RD does is going to change their thinking.

I've nailed my colours to the mast and said I'll judge when the transfer window closes. If I don't like what I see then, I'll voice my concerns.

The sooner people accept that the club is no-longer being run in a "traditional English football club" way the sooner they'll be able to start sleeping at night.

RD has his own vision and plan, he has spent so far a minimum of 14m probably much more to give him the right to realise that vision. Just because it doesn't fit with the utopia which some on here "expect" doesn't mean it won't work.

People need to keep a watching brief and if there is any reason to speak out somewhere down the line fair enough. Said before and I'll say it again RD is well in credit at the moment and ultimately for a vociferous few he will never be in credit because he a) sacked Powell and b) had the cheek to question the manager of his 14m asset in relation to key decisions.

I don't believe RD is going anywhere in the short term, so will try and buy into his vision. I still believe he'll be good for us in the long term. Nothing he has done so far suggests otherwise.

This...as they say.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Also bald.

You have to be on a wind up. If you're not, why do you 'support' our club?
  • Options

Seems to me she has just spent a week reading the posts on here and responded to them.

Exactly what I thought. Now we need to complain about the lack of waiter/waitress service and foot masseurs.
  • Options
    Statement was fine, I am not sure what people want her to say?
    We would like to thank Jose for all his hard work, but he did not take any tactical advice on board from Roland. This was a factor why we have not chosen Jose. Jose was popular with the fans towards the end of the season, this is another reason we did not appoint him. Just to pee the fans off.

In regards to contracts. We basically forgot about all the expired contracts, and maybe we were a little too late, as they told us they agreed a contract elsewhere.

Moving onto new player recruitment; have not started yet, want to leave it as late as possible, as I am due to go on holiday to Sharm El Sheikh for three weeks soon. Again, we know the fans would like activity done early, but again, we are purposely delaying, to pee them off.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Yann897 said:

Rothko said:

Dave2l said:

Also bald.

You could say the same for Fryer, Alwen, Murray, Slater .. we never have and never will get the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth
  • Options
    I used to read this forum but never write on here but what was the reaction in the summer when Powell took us from 5th to 13th in league one with some terrible results at dag & red ect , then we let go loads of players with only Solly and Jackson left , I don't remember the reaction to the club like this then and look how that turned out lets just wait and see what the line up is come August 9th before going crazy and already relegating us and slagging the club off .
    But I'm sure most still will lol.
  • Options
    The thing that bothers me the most is that with Riga we all knew we'd try and play nice looking football no matter what! I enjoyed that a lot good passing and the rest! From what I've read about big bob his style of play is pretty different! He like a big lump of a target man! So it looks like we will see a return to the hoofball!