Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zak Ansah Thread

Comments

• Options

that is so underwhelming all this time we have been waiting for something to happen,
    then when it does it is this, seriously how will he improve our attack

You forgot the smiley face, lol at the end. Better be careful or you'll get a lot of abuse.
  • Options
    He's signed initially for the U21 Development team - with expectations of contributing to the 1st team before the end of the season.

There's no doubt that we'll be signing the necessary 'ready made' 1st team players this window.

• Options

Put down your football managers and fifas people for goodness sake. Decent signing, but the first of many. I remember posters saying "if Danny Hollands is the calibre of player we're signing I'm worried". Same budget as Rochdale etc etc. Jordan Rhodes was released by Ipswich and yet he seems to have done okay! So many arsenal academy products are playing in the champ and prem. only thing I'm worried about is his knee, but if we could manage bwp and (to a degree) Haynes, then we can manage this guy's injuries.

His knee was a cruciate ligament injury. So you can recover fully from those these days. Been told it's all good now.
  • Options
    Some Charlton fans will literally moan about anything.

He's young and hasn't cost us anything, he might become a real gem, we just don't know.

I swear if we signed Ronaldo, some on here would moan that he wasn't Messi.
  • Options
  • Options
    Strikers are expensive. British strikers especially so. In our position we have to take punts like this. Welcome and good luck, Zak.
  • Options
    Talal said:

Dazzler21 said:

MrOneLung said:

bobmunro said:

that is so underwhelming all this time we have been waiting for something to happen,

A young kid who has come through all the academy ranks at Arsenal and made the bench in a Champions League game - don't you think he might, just might, be good enough to be an effective Championship player? Jase thinks so and that's good enough for me.
    made the bench, never played loads of players have made the bench, when Arsenal had already qualified so Wenger did not want to take his key players to Greece and he still never played
    Wenger paid a lot of money for Francis Jeffers and he turned out to be crap.

We need first teamers, not development squad players.
    Ian Wright was an absolute nobody before signing for Palace and went on to be brilliant for Arsenal... which was a gamble by Arsene.
    Wenger didn't sign Wright
    Oops #showingmyage
  • Options
    He will be in the development squad as we know.

Nothing wrong with this at all, as far as I am aware, it is a positive signing.

Let's wait and see, at least it is a recruitment of some kind.
  • Options

Some Charlton fans will literally moan about anything.

He's young and hasn't cost us anything, he might become a real gem, we just don't know.

I swear if we signed Ronaldo, some on here would moan that he wasn't Messi.

How much is he on p/w?
    Will the other players want improved contracts?
    How will squad morale be affected by having someone earning that much more than them?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Fucking Hell! We finally sign a player, a young player, a promising player at our level and the CL suicide squad swing into action. When the dam finally bursts and we get a few more welcome bodies in the door it's gonna be carnage on here... Love it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Welcome aboard Zak. I seem to recall that Colin Powell, Paul Williams and Mike Flanagan were all "unproven" when they arrived at The Valley.

You beat me to it.
  • Options
    A good signing I would say. Has obviously been given a good grounding at Arsenal.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Talal said:

Dazzler21 said:

MrOneLung said:

bobmunro said:

A young kid who has come through all the academy ranks at Arsenal and made the bench in a Champions League game - don't you think he might, just might, be good enough to be an effective Championship player? Jase thinks so and that's good enough for me.
    made the bench, never played loads of players have made the bench, when Arsenal had already qualified so Wenger did not want to take his key players to Greece and he still never played

Ian Wright was an absolute nobody before signing for Palace and went on to be brilliant for Arsenal... which was a gamble by Arsene.
    Oops #showingmyage

George Graham signed him...................the guy that apparantly applied for the job when Curbishley left. All water under the bridge now but he should have taken us over.
  • Options
    Welcome to the rollercoaster, Zak.

• Options
    seth plum said:

Good luck to him.

It may be that what Bob Peeters says about 'attitude' will come in to play. A player signed with the attitude of a dilettante, whatever the skill pace or size, may not force their way into a championship side compared to a player with a bit less to offer but hungry for it. I suppose the recent comparison between Danny Green and Bradley Pritchard might support that view.

Zak may be the right player at the right moment eager to prove himself.

It could be a lot of players will be tried out, but staying in the team (barring injury) is the key. If you want a great attitude then another hardly ever mentioned player of Zak's generation is Jack Munns. Jack may not pass the CL height test though, but if he ever does get a showing you will find a player with the attitude of an Andy Hughes on the pitch, but with much more ability.

Actually I would love to see Jack feature somewhere next season because he might surprise everybody.

I would like to think Munns will feature regularly this season, especially if Poyet goes
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Jarman said:

I often wish that some of the negative comments you get on here will never be seen directly by the player in question.
    This is one of those moments.
    Give the lad a chance FFS.

Lots of posts on here from different people saying similar to this but no posts actually saying anything bad about the lad that I can see. Maybe I am missing something but everyone is pretty positive about this arnt they?
    You are forgetting what seems to be the current frustratingly tedious vogue for highlighting the one in thirty comment, and times that by ten to make an 'I'm absolutely shocked' statement

• Options

Some of you really do need to find something in life more than cafc it's drove you to sound bitter and twisted

If we hadn't signed zac and millwank or stripey cnuts had the same people would be saying another one we have missed on another one turns down Rd

He was free he has had great coaching he was a hot prospect before his injury

He comes from good stock his old man is an addick he is young

Welcome zac good luck and ignore the foolish posters on.here wanting every potential signing to be a household name ready made

Forgetting the fact we have some of the best youth and young man coaches in professional football

You are very welcome to continue your career in a cafc shirt

This ... What is it with people? We will sign people who are '' ready made '' when the time is right and the deal is right. He is a young player who i have heard many things about, Gunners fan's rated him as a youngster .. His a free signing what isn't there to like? Give the poor kid a chance! Best of luck Zak.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Talal said:

Dazzler21 said:

MrOneLung said:

bobmunro said:

Oops #showingmyage
    George Graham signed him...................the guy that apparantly applied for the job when Curbishley left. All water under the bridge now but he should have taken us over.

First I have heard that Graham was interested in the Charlton job, would be a big surprise since he had been out of the game for five years by that stage.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2014

He's still without doubt the best young player I've ever seen play, played in the same team as my little brother for years. Going to be weird watching him for us, good luck Zac!

What age was he when you were watching him back then?
  • Options
    On paper he ticks all the boxes....and if Arsene Wenger rates him (but they just don't have the room for him) then he must have something about him.

Best of luck to the lad....now get your career back on track and show us what you can do.
  • Options
    say it loud
    i'm zac and i'm proud
  • Options
    I can't believe this thread has got to page five and no one has asked how tall he is.......
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

I can't believe this thread has got to page five and no one has asked how tall he is.......

6'1" I believe

• Options
    Pleased with this seems he was highly rated but never made the breakthrough. If he's good enough he'll get that chance here.

What position does he play?
  • Options
    Good luck zak and welcome
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Was only thinking the other day after watching Rooney for England wouldn't it be good if we got a player who could challenge our all time top scorers. I dont think they've really been challeneged for decades. The fact he is youngand and comes from a Charlton family makes me hopeful.
  • Options
    All we are saying
    Is give Zak a chance