Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zak Ansah Thread

Comments

• Options

Bump

9 months on and he was sub for the U21s today.

Not gonna happen for him, is it? Shame

Don't read TOO much into it, mate.

He may be being saved for Wednesday!
  • Options
    Maybe he'll find a home somewhere within the network............
  • Options
    Heard through a mate who is good pals with Sho Silva that Ansah was class, was hoping to have seen him get a chance by now. Can't be impressing too much in the u'21s or in training i guess.
  • Options
    Would love to see him make the step up being as his dad was so desperate himself to play for us and never got the chance . Still another year on his contract , maybe a spell on loan somewhere would do him good.
  • Options
    I have seen him for the U21s all season and he has been very poor. He is not getting any better.
  • Options
    Shame as the goonershite coaches in know rated him highly before his injury, I reckon it's more in his swede
  • Options
    Won't actually be u21 next season. Be interesting to see if he continues to play as an overage player or we loan him out.
  • Options

He'll come good.

Long term project for him to recover from terrible injuries.

Him just playing is a big step.

Why do you think he will come good? What have you seen to base that argument on?
    Some players are never the same after picking up injuries. I really hope he does make it but I can only judge him on what i have seen, not once or twice, but all season.
    According to Ketts, Jack Munns has been released and is perhaps hooking up with Notts County.

• Options
    That's your view Dick and you maybe right but you haven't always been correct with your predictions with young players. Who is?

Let's wait and see how it turns out but the coaches at the club saw him as a long term project who needs time to just play before stepping back up to the level he is capable of.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

That's your view Dick and you maybe right but you haven't always been correct with your predictions with young players. Who is?

Let's wait and see how it turns out but the coaches at the club saw him as a long term project who needs time to just play before stepping back up to the level he is capable of.

Although I've not see half the U21 games that Dick has, I have to agree with him.

Zak has been somewhat "missing in action " when I've been watching , both last and this season.

I can understand the coaches giving him time but there will surely be a limit as to how much.

Plenty of other promising players for them to concentrate on, especially as RD's focus will be on Academy guys stepping up.

Just my opinion of course.

• Options
    He still has one more year on his contract I think?? If major strides aren't made in that time then I expect that will be the end of the road for him!
  • Options
    Maybe the psychologist can help him, his ability is there and people see it daily, and those that have worked with him before he came to us all saw it,

He is young and at a good club to help him along the recovery let's just wait and see
  • Options
    Cor, remember Andy dropping him off at the school next door to me mums old gaff up Mottingham; makes me feel old that! Ffs

Good luck young lad
  • Options

Disappointed that our coaching staff can't get his motivation back. Perhaps Gooners playing him in midfield has affected his hunger. A spell doing a different sport may help. If anyone knows him PM me, I could offer some options.

How do you know he's lost any motivation?
  • Options
    It's confidence in his physical repair that's damaged hopefully not an injury that has took away some of the lads ability
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I agree with Dick and Fanny.

I agree with Dick, Fanny and Andy. I've seen him 3 times and thought he was poor on each occasion.
    Although tbf, nearly all the U21's were.
  • Options
    I've not seen him since the last major injury. Prior to that he was an excellent talent. I've seen him play on a deeper role, almost as a holding midfielder and he was a very clever footballer. Injuries can take their toll though and he has had so many at such a young age, just when he should have been pushing on. I hope we give him time.
  • Options

Potential movie title methinks
  • Options

Potential movie title methinks
    Triple X rated
  • Options
    Got 2 so far tonight
  • Options
    Told ya

: - )
  • Options

Disappointed that our coaching staff can't get his motivation back. Perhaps Gooners playing him in midfield has affected his hunger. A spell doing a different sport may help. If anyone knows him PM me, I could offer some options.

Harveys, didn't you advise Peter Garland to take up the tug of war ?

• Options
    I agree with Henry
  • Options
    Hat trick :)
  • Options
    Good for him, hope he pushes on from here.