Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zak Ansah Thread

Comments

• Options
    What the fuck do we know!!
  • Options
    Amazing timing on the bumped thread
  • Options
    Jason probably just told him to look at Charlton Life for motivation.

I wonder if now is the time to get him out on loan,maybe to a conference side initially to build his confidence.
  • Options
    There is a proper player in Zak getting it out will happen, keep the faith
  • Options
    Like I said before , he could do with a confidence boosting loan spell.
  • Options

Bump

9 months on and he was sub for the U21s today.

Not gonna happen for him, is it? Shame

Don't read TOO much into it, mate.

He may be being saved for Wednesday!
    Some of us get it : - )
  • Options
    Good for him. Let's hope he kicks on after his hattrick like Lisbie did :P
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Good for him. Let's hope he kicks on after his hattrick like Lisbie did :P

Exactly... he hasnt had a bad career in the Championship / League One has he ;)
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Like I said before , he could do with a confidence boosting loan spell.

Well if you think it will help, I don't mind borrowing a couple of grand off him for a few month
  • Options
    I agree, let all get carried away, he scored a hat-trick against Ramsgate, he must be the next Darren Bent

sorry but its only Ramsgate, I am still to be convinced about him, hoping I will start another Humble Pie thread like I did for Luzon, but highly doubt it.

Chris Dickson scored a hat-trick for Gillingham against Luton(who are better than Ramsgate) and never made it for us, now I no every player is different, but don't understand people getting excited about a hat-trick against Ramsgate
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Yes, he's the new Darren Bent. Absolutely what everyone thinks after his hat trick v a non league side.

He should start v Blackburn and anyone who disagrees is a Bob Peeters fan.

FACT

Yes, he's the new Darren Bent. Absolutely what everyone thinks after his hat trick v a non league side.

He should start v Blackburn and anyone who disagrees is a Bob Peeters fan.

FACT

or even worse…a Chris Powell lover!
  • Options

I agree, let all get carried away, he scored a hat-trick against Ramsgate, he must be the next Darren Bent

sorry but its only Ramsgate, I am still to be convinced about him, hoping I will start another Humble Pie thread like I did for Luzon, but highly doubt it.

Chris Dickson scored a hat-trick for Gillingham against Luton(who are better than Ramsgate) and never made it for us, now I no every player is different, but don't understand people getting excited about a hat-trick against Ramsgate

Chris Dickson comparison is a little weak. We're talking about a young player here who was highly rated at Arsenal before his injuries. There is clearly a lot of ability there and hopefully this is the start of something. Plus, he's local and his dad supports Charlton. People are just happy to see "one of our own" look like he's beginning to turn a corner.
  • Options

Chris Dickson comparison is a little weak. We're talking about a young player here who was highly rated at Arsenal before his injuries. There is clearly a lot of ability there and hopefully this is the start of something. Plus, he's local and his dad supports Charlton. People are just happy to see "one of our own" look like he's beginning to turn a corner.
    People would have been quick to slag him off and suggest he be discarded if he had missed a sitter or two, so why not praise or even over praise him when he does well.
  • Options
    6 goals in a week
  • Options
    yep just snatched up his second hattrick in 5 days. First team calling if he keeps this up?
  • Options
    Looks like I gave him th kick up the backside he needed.... :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Agree Colin. Why bother with Church, give KAG or Ansah a few sub run outs.
  • Options
    Now is a good time to give a couple more youngsters their debuts, but you have to be careful which ones you blood.

Ansah appears to have suffered some knocks to his confidence with all his injuries and loss of form/being released by Arsenal. Would be potentially disastrous to blood him too soon and have his re-found but, presumably, still fragile confidence dented by a poor debut in the first team. Better to play the long game.

Would be good to see KAG get some more chances though, now we have a midfield which is actually creating chances for the strikers.
  • Options

Why bother with Church is the question right

well the answer is Cardiff Away
  • Options
    How long is left on Ansah's Contract... If it was just for one year he could be trying to impress potential suitors
  • Options

I think Church with his workrate is a decent sub to bring on. We've recently only tended to have one attacker plus Eagles on the bench, maybe an additional young attacker can be included instead of say Wilson
  • Options
    Zak Ansah looked a lot more confident player today. His hat trick has given him a boost. The player who impressed me today was Regan- Charles Cook who runs with the ball from midfield and he has a lot of skill on the ball. He also has a good engine.
  • Options
    Told ya : - )