Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zak Ansah Thread

Comments

• Options
    Pleased with this signing. No way of knowing if he will have what it takes to make it in the championship but what we do know is that having come through at Arsenal he will be technically excellent and know how the game should be played. We've signed potential and Zac has all the ingedients to push on.

Welcome and good luck Zac. Knock em cold son.
  • Options

All we are saying
    Is give Zak a chance

That's what ev'rybody's talking about

• Options
    I seem to remember Arsenal letting Andy - Sorry, Andrew Cole go to Bristol City for a pittance. He didn't do too badly from there on. Good luck to the lad, he has an Arsenal/Charlton background and up bringing. What could be better than that?
  • Options
    Is it really true that he played for England under !8 s when he was only !4 ?
  • Options
    Fact is its always a risk as was church and sordell. This will be a good signing IF it works. I really hope it does and that there are other up front early signings especially of young players . Its the young players that gave hope and delight to us all last season. Bring them on.
  • Options
    It's only 130 miles from Strasbourg to the Belgian border. Damn this crazy network of Duchatelet's. Will it never end?
  • Options
    What type of striker is he?? Does he lead the line or more of a number 10??
  • Options

What type of striker is he??

A cheap one.
    ZING!
  • Options

What type of striker is he??

A cheap one.
    One who spent the last year as a defensive midfielder. The boy is quality.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Is it really true that he played for England under !8 s when he was only !4 ?

I don't know, is it?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    After he did his knee he has been played as a defensive midfielder at Arsenal. The lad can play.
  • Options
    And well shot of Arsenal's physios
  • Options
    Don't doubt it Dave, as I said earlier he has been highly rated all through his development up to around 2yrs ago when he got his first serious injury. I think last pre-season he was training with Bristol City looking for a League One loan before he got injured again. He is 20 now and not managed to get any loan stint / first team exposure yet.

Could be a potential gem, but I'm not expecting him to be hitting the ground running
  • Options
    And if the stats I'm reading are correct, he played in just 7 u21 games last season, and only played 90 mins in one of them.
  • Options

And if the stats I'm reading are correct, he played in just 7 u21 games last season, and only played 90 mins in one of them.

But if, and if is a big one with zac, but if he can stay fit then he has potential to be a complete player. Started as a forward but has shown he can just sit and play a pass and dominate a game from the center. Keep him fit and we've got a quality player.
  • Options

Which backs up the point I was making earlier.

Clearly had something for Arsenal to keep him for so long but we don't know how much the injuries have affected his ability.

Let's hope for his sake and ours that he can get back to the level he was at because if he does we've got a bargain.

But it might take a while which is why I guess he's going to be with the U21 to start.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Ian Wright was an absolute nobody before signing for Palace and went on to be brilliant for Arsenal... which was a gamble by Arsene.

Despite the fact he signed for them in 91 under George Graham...............just saying. ;-)
  • Options
    Where's your knowledge of Zak come from Bangkok Dave , just wondered why you seem so keen on him ....is he family or do they show a lot of Arsenal youth/ reserve matches in Thailand , don't mean to sound sarky just interested

At least he's €700k cheaper than the last youth development striker we got in

*did mean to sound sarky then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Jerome Thomas was decent back then too."

He's certainly saying the right things.. ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Dazzler21 said:

Talal said:

Dazzler21 said:

MrOneLung said:

bobmunro said:

that is so underwhelming all this time we have been waiting for something to happen,
    then when it does it is this, seriously how will he improve our attack

A young kid who has come through all the academy ranks at Arsenal and made the bench in a Champions League game - don't you think he might, just might, be good enough to be an effective Championship player? Jase thinks so and that's good enough for me.
    made the bench, never played loads of players have made the bench, when Arsenal had already qualified so Wenger did not want to take his key players to Greece and he still never played
    Wenger paid a lot of money for Francis Jeffers and he turned out to be crap.

We need first teamers, not development squad players.
    Ian Wright was an absolute nobody before signing for Palace and went on to be brilliant for Arsenal... which was a gamble by Arsene.
    Wenger didn't sign Wright
    Oops #showingmyage
    George Graham signed him...................the guy that apparantly applied for the job when Curbishley left. All water under the bridge now but he should have taken us over.
    >

• Options
    I hope zak really flourishes and grows into a great player for us

His Oldman is having superb time doing what he does with the football choreography

Deserves to have his son and a charlton fan do well for his club
  • Options
    Refreshing interview that. Hope he does well.
  • Options
    I like the way Peeters has them all training together.
  • Options
    Bump

9 months on and he was sub for the U21s today.

Not gonna happen for him, is it? Shame