Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India Test Series

Comments

• Options

He might as well open - he is batting soon after we start anyway!

Leave Root where he is - its working for him at 5 , no point moving him.

He came into bat at 154 at Notts, 70 and 71 at Lords - so, not quite coming in to bat 'soon after we start' .
  • Options

Trott had another episode/set back/attack, just after the season started. So personally, I think England have enough problems, without recalling Trott, who is obviously not fully recovered.
    Personally, I don't think he'll ever play for England again. Why should he risk his health further, to play for an England team in turmoil ?

Asie from the fact that the money he would get playing for England is HUGE in comparison to what he would get playing for Warks.
  • Options
    @The_President yes really, personally I think it looks a bit light. Your essentially relying on 3seamers and some part-timers to bowl a team out twice.
  • Options
    Sorry, no Test team would start with only 3 seamers & a part time spinner.
    Also, if you gave Trott the option to play in this series, I'm very confident he would say no thanks.
    Health, is more important than money.
  • Options
    Would like to see Chris Woakes given a chance in the side, and would love to see Stokes dropped!

Hopeful line-up for Sunday:
    Cook, Robson, Ballance, Bell, Root, Ali, Buttler, Woakes, Jordan, Plunkett, Anderson
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Ben18 said:

Would like to see Chris Woakes given a chance in the side, and would love to see Stokes dropped!

Cook, Robson, Ballance, Bell, Root, Ali, Buttler, Woakes, Jordan, Plunkett, Anderson

Please no Woakes - just a Civilian medium dobber. Would def not take 20 wickets with him playing.
  • Options

@The_President yes really, personally I think it looks a bit light. Your essentially relying on 3seamers and some part-timers to bowl a team out twice.

Ah ok, you're referring to Damos pick , as opposed to the actual squad picked - in which case i agree.
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Please no Woakes - just a Civilian medium dobber. Would def not take 20 wickets with him playing.
    Agree, Woakes has apparently picked up some more pace but still seemed a long way off Test level when he played last year.

What we REALLY need is a spinner, if only Monty had not taken up with the turps!
  • Options

Ben18 said:

Agree, Woakes has apparently picked up some more pace but still seemed a long way off Test level when he played last year.

What we REALLY need is a spinner, if only Monty had not taken up with the turps!
    Lets hope he gets back on song before next season, we need him for The Ashes.
  • Options

Sorry, no Test team would start with only 3 seamers & a part time spinner.

Stokes doesn't count then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    We need a few to step up for next season, else we are gonna be toast.
    Aas Warney said, if we are going to struggle big time with Bouncers against 83 mph, imagine when Johnson,Harris,Pattinson and Cummins are bowling at you. !
  • Options
    Being bounced out by Sharma was pretty embarrassing. Not exactly like facing the W Indies in the 1980s on those bouncy uneven pitches!

Woakes may be a bit of a Dobber, but so is Kumar, it boils down to how much skill and control you have with the ball
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Robson
    Moeen Ali
    Ballance
    Bell
    Root
    Cook
    Buttler
    Jordan
    Broad
    Plunkett
    Anderson
  • Options
    If Stuart Meaker had managed a couple of injury free years he would be ahead of stokes woakes plunkett and Jordan in the pecking order! genuinely quick, regularly over 90mph and can bat a bit!
  • Options
    Whatever happened to Bresnan and Finn?
  • Options

Bresnan got sussed as another dobber. Finn going through crisis (bit like Trott, Panesar, and a few others no doubt)
  • Options

Being bounced out by Sharma was pretty embarrassing. Not exactly like facing the W Indies in the 1980s on those bouncy uneven pitches!

Woakes may be a bit of a Dobber, but so is Kumar, it boils down to how much skill and control you have with the ball

Answered your own - clearly Woakes doesnt have the skill that Kumar has.
  • Options

Bresnan got sussed as another dobber. Finn going through crisis (bit like Trott, Panesar, and a few others no doubt)
    Very harsh of Bresnan. He could swing a ball as well as most and could always chip in with a few runs.

I've heard a story about Finn and a certain glamour model.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Very harsh of Bresnan. He could swing a ball as well as most and could always chip in with a few runs.

Did she brush against his stumps and dislodge his bails? Was she impressed with his good length?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Did she brush against his stumps and dislodge his bails? Was she impressed with his good length?
    no by all accounts he put in a couple of short ones but couldnt get it beyond waist height

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Compton for Cook
    Jordan for Stokes.

Maybe onions to give one of the other bowlers a rest if got nighling injury.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

colthe3rd said:

no by all accounts he put in a couple of short ones but couldnt get it beyond waist height

She wanted it full and straight, but unfortunately he missed the target and it bent away
  • Options
    Judging by the way Steve Finn has bowled tonight , lets get him into the squad...pronto.
    Quick, vicious, wickets !
  • Options
    Also, Ravi Patel ! - who says we arent producing spinners !!
  • Options
    Finn 2-20odd and Ravi Patel 2-16 - both looked VERY impressive, Patel can certainly spin it and obviously has lots of control too.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Judging by the way Steve Finn has bowled tonight , lets get him into the squad...pronto.

How You can say that and not mention Meaker is beyond me! Far better in my view!
  • Options

How y

You can say that and not mention Meaker is beyond me! Far better in my view!
    lol - good point, only came in from work at half-time, so didnt see him bowl.
    What did you think of Finn and Patel ?

• Options
    tbh lets hope they are both (Finn and Meaker) playing v Oz next season along with Jimmy.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

colthe3rd said:

Apparently everytime he got near her he dislodged her bails
  • Options

How y

You can say that and not mention Meaker is beyond me! Far better in my view!
    lol - good point, only came in from work at half-time, so didnt see him bowl.
    What did you think of Finn and Patel ?

Haha fair enough! Finn was good pace was back at his best and he seems to be past his problems.. Patel also impressed!