Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India Test Series

Comments

• Options
    Sooner KP is back in our team the better. Also - Cook out. And... Stokes is THE worst batsmen I've ever seen.
  • Options

Sooner KP is back in our team the better. Also - Cook out. And... Stokes is THE worst batsmen I've ever seen.

Well he had a better series than KP in the last Ashes! Better average, more 100's, better strike rate and scored more boundaries and just 15 less runs in two less innings than the wonderful KP.
  • Options

In addition to NA's correct comments, can you please explain WHY KP should be back in the team, and use his batting record this season to back up your comment.
  • Options
    Apparently a couple of changes (in addition to Buttler) - so would expect Jordan to come in for Stokes, and maybe Woakes for Plunkett or Broad (Rested,apparently).
    If so, cant see us being able to take 20 wickets - Woakes wont trouble my local Indian Restaurant team let alone India.
  • Options

Apparently a couple of changes (in addition to Buttler) - so would expect Jordan to come in for Stokes, and maybe Woakes for Plunkett or Broad (Rested,apparently).
    If so, cant see us being able to take 20 wickets - Woakes wont trouble my local Indian Restaurant team let alone India.

Got it spot on - Jordan and Woakes in, Stoeks and PLunkett out.
    Eng win toss and bat first.
    And my Sky box has decided to pack-in.
  • Options
    Plunkett, Stokes and Prior out. Jordan, Woakes and Buttler in. England win the toss and bat
  • Options
    Really not convinced by Woakes, but pleased to see Buttler and Jordan in.
  • Options
    England 51-0 off 18
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Well done Mr President 55-1

Robson c Jadeja (2nd slip) b Shami 26.
  • Options
    Plunkett dropped after bowling and better than the unfit Broad. Humph
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Woeful Woakes in the team?? We are really scraping the barrel now.
  • Options
    Lunch. 78-1 off 29 overs. Cook 48 n/o.
  • Options

Well done Mr President 55-1

Robson c Jadeja (2nd slip) b Shami 26.

Yep, typical - my fault. Should keep my mouth shut.
  • Options
    cook struggling but holding on hope he gets a ton today.
  • Options
    Eng 186-1 at tea - Cook 82 NO. Ballance 72 NO
  • Options
    What a good player Ballance is going to be. (queue kiss of death)
  • Options
    200-1 Cook 91 no
  • Options
    Anyone else out there watching?
  • Options
    213-2

Cook out for 95, caught behind.

Still a good knock, don't really understand why 100 would be seen as great but 95 not.
  • Options

213-2

Cook out for 95, caught behind.

Still a good knock, don't really understand why 100 would be seen as great but 95 not.

100's are registered as milestones - 95's arent !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gary Ballance 100 - well done Gary.

Eng 242-2
  • Options
    Great character from Cook, good knock. Get a dencent total and then put them under, good first days play this.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Who would you replace Cook with ?

This is the dilemma. For all the calls from those who want Cook gone very few are offering up an alternative. I'm slowly coming round to the idea of giving it to Morgan. He clearly has talent but hasn't looked great in tests, but he has looked like he is a capable captain whenever he has taken charge of the ODI/T20 sides. If we are intent on replacing Cook as captain then I'd prefer this rather than someone from county level who has never played international cricket.
    I despair !
    Can someone please.please,please tell me what it is that Morgan has done this season to even deserve being mentioned ??!!

" but he has looked like he is a capable captain whenever he has taken charge of the ODI/T20 sides"
    Is that the same Morgan who captains Middx at 20/20 who are bottom of the league with 2 wins from 13 games ?? Sounds like a capable captain to me !!
    Strange that noone can tell me what it is !!

It's rubbish. Morgan should not be anywhere near the test team, yet. You cannot pick a captain who wouldn't actually be good enough to get in the team if he wasn't captain.
    As someone else mentioned earlier - they did it with Brearley.

Who was an exceptional captain. If someone could prove to me that Morgan was that good then fine, but to be honest all I've seen is him pretty decent in one day and T20.
    That's not what you said in your second sentence. I answered your point.
  • Options
    On way home from the Rose Bowl. Can't help thinking it was a bit of a meh day. Was expecting 330+ but I suppose should wait until both sides have batted
  • Options
    What a good player England have found in Ballance, a very calm measured and well-disciplined player who has taken Trott's place as the anchor seamlessly.

As for Cook, I still don't think he is a good captain but he showed a lot of guts out there today and a real shame he could not get to 100.

The Indians made a massive error going with just four bowlers, they have released the pressure on England who can now look to bat once and make 500+ - its now up to Bell and Root to really pile on the runs today.
  • Options
    It's how England played during their 'good' period. Bat first, build up a big score slowly, then suffocate the opposition. That's the idea anyway...
  • Options
    A good day for England overall, got to be gutted for Cook though.
  • Options
    20 minutes to lunch.

346-2. Ballance 152*, Bell 66*
  • Options
    GB's highest EVER score is 210.
  • Options
    England have found a real talent in Ballance. Seems extremely comfortable at number 3