Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India Test Series

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

Have the Indians said why they don't want DRS?

No explicit reason as such, other than they believe the umpires decisions naturally even out.
    However, under the covers, its believed that the senior batsmen of a couple of years ago (Tendulkar,Dravid,Ganguly) objected because they realised that DRS made them more susceptible to LBW decisions that they were more likely to not get given by umpires in India - and now that they are no longer around, the senior officials of the BCCI would look stupid if they just reversed their stance.
    Its all about saving face, ignorance and stupidity. Oh, and money !
    Another thought is that India know that they are the financial powerhouse of cricket, and are trying to waive their power around saying they have a much better technology than Hawkeye,Hot Spot etc - when they actually find one.
    For example, they have already attempted to get their own equiv of Duckworth Lewis implemented.. http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/may/29/icc-duckworth-lewis-method
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

Aside those of you listen to TMS I may be one of the after tea guests talking about cricket in the Great War during the third test at Old Trafford, I will be in Gallipoli at the time so we shall see, will try and mention Charlton if at allpossible.

firstly hope you do get on ...secondly hope you do get to mention us ...thirdly am sure you ll be talking about Colin Blyth (i would implore anyone to read his biography)

• Options

Fuck me, first time I have seen Jordan bowl, he looks like a club bowler.

How could they drop Stokes for him?

Because even though Stokes was bowling ok he was scoring pretty much exclusively in binary numbers.
  • Options
    Woakes has bowled well.!
  • Options
    Sharma c Broad b Moeen Ali 28

210-5

And yes Woakes has been very unlucky.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rahane c sub b Moeen Ali 54

217-6
  • Options
    Big wicket that one!!
  • Options
    Plunkett will definitely be back for the next match, as they specifically started he was rested for this Test
  • Options
    England take the new ball straight away. 238-6 after 80 overs.
  • Options
    275-7. Jadeja 31 lbw Anderson
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jadeja lbw Anderson 31

275-7
  • Options
    Bet that one felt good for Jimmy after Trent Bridge and Lords.
  • Options
    Anderson steps up to the mark when its needed.

Hopefully Kumar won't decide to knock it around again.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I think Anderson, Broad & Woakes have bowled very well today.
    Moeen Ali has also bowled well.
    Jordan, not very well, but was better in his last spell.

If we can get a 200 lead at least, I think we should bat again. Get some quick runs, give the bowlers a rest and try and bowl them out in the last day and a bit on a worsening pitch.

Shane Warne, just said the same.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    The Jadeja wicket:

• Options
    Callum, how do you get the image like that?
  • Options
    Picked it up off twitter. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    313-8! Kumar's inside edge onto pad caught in the slips.

c Ballance b Broad 19
  • Options
    So IF we can bowl them out in time would you enforce the follow on?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

No. See my comment above. Anderson looks tired. Broad has a dodgy knee.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    323-8. Close of play.
  • Options
    Could se

LenGlover said:

No. See my comment above. Anderson looks tired. Broad has a dodgy knee.
    This
  • Options
    Bowl them out early, bat for a couple of sessions, hopefully a lead of 400+ then give ourselves four sessions to bowl them out.

Whisper it, but with the weather set fair, we might actually win a test match.....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Tough decision today should we get them out cheaply this morning and the option of enforcing the follow on. Some have said bat again to give bowlers rest. However, if we get them out quickly I'd consider enforcing the follow on. Bowlers have rested overnight already. Eating up a couple of sessions with the bat is dangerous. I think we need as much time as possible to get them out. I expect that at least one indian will get a ton in the second innings. Then, after getting them all out again, hopefully only need to chase 120 or 130 ish.....and the time to do it!
    Tough call!
  • Options
    i only hope we go into the first session with the right mindset ie taking 2 wickets ASAP rather than just assuming India will rollover ...however id be in favour of not enforcing follow on to rest bowlers ...especially as we only have a part time spinner
  • Options
    Really don't think we will enforce the follow on (if it's an option). The obvious reason being that we will want to rest the bowlers for a bit. Let's say they are bowled out within the first hour and we have a 150- 200 run lead, that's huge. Batting for the majority of the day would easily give 350-400. With just over a day to bowl them out.
  • Options
    DOnt enforce follow-on. Broady almost said that last night.
    Get them out quick, bat til tea with another 250 runs on board and 450 lead - 4 sessions to get them out.
    5th Day pitch - showing signs of turn, so , even Ali and Root will give them problems.
  • Options
    Dhoni c Buttler b Anderson 50

329-9
  • Options
    Just the wicket we were after in the first half an hour.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    330 All out

Shami c Buttler b Anderson 5

5 wickets for Anderson

England will bat again with a 239 run lead.