Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v India Test Series

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Ballance given out caught behind for 156.. ball completely missed the bat and came off the back leg.
  • Lunch. 358-3. Bell 68*, Root 2*
  • Really don't understand why India are allowed to reject DRS. They're the only country that do. The ICC shouldn't give them a choice
  • edited July 2014

Really don't understand why India are allowed to reject DRS. They're the only country that do. The ICC shouldn't give them a choice

BCCI controls the ICC completely. He who pays the piper....Still a bunch of luddites mind.

• edited July 2014
    380-4

Ballance was out 5 mins before lunch. Although he never hit it !

Root just out.
  • edited July 2014
    With one shot, Ian Bell hit a six which took him to exactly 100*, brought up his 7,000th run (again, exactly), and brought up the England 400. Nice symmetry.
  • Bell gets to 100, with a 6.

1,6,4,6,4,0. 21 off Jadeja's over.

418-4
  • Looking forward to seeing Buttler bat, hopefully in ODI mode.
  • 420-5

Moeen Ali c Rahane b Kumar 12
  • 569-7 declared

Bell c Pankaj B Kumar 165

Buttler b Jadeja 85 off 83 balls
  • Sponsored links:

• The big test now starts

How will Broad and Anderson bowl, do they have the legs to bowl the Indians out twice?
    How will Buttler keep wicket?
    How will Cook captain when things go flat out there?

Should be fascinating!
  • Tell you something, we may have a shit captain and shit results , but this year will produce 2 players who will play for England for a long time in Ballance and Buttler. Just a shame we dont have a good spinner and a good left-arm quick.(oh, and a good captain!).
  • Love watching Buttler bat.
  • Tell you something, we may have a shit captain and shit results , but this year will produce 2 players who will play for England for a long time in Ballance and Buttler. Just a shame we dont have a good spinner and a good left-arm quick.(oh, and a good captain!).

I had high hopes for Tymal Mills and Topley but they haven't kicked on.

• 17-1

Dhawan c Cook b Anderson 6 Great ball.
  • dickplumb said:

Tell you something, we may have a shit captain and shit results , but this year will produce 2 players who will play for England for a long time in Ballance and Buttler. Just a shame we dont have a good spinner and a good left-arm quick.(oh, and a good captain!).

Topley has been playing well for Essex but is out at the moment with a back problem, Essex have been trying to manage him along as I think he is still only 20
  • After watching Ravi Patel the other night, i reckon we could have the spinner slot filled in a couple of years.
    Topley is an interesting one - could still come good, but never going to be a 90 mph merchant- though after watching Steve Finn the other night, he could come back inro reckoning soon - oh, and Meaker too, before Canters starts heckling me !
  • dickplumb said:

Tell you something, we may have a shit captain and shit results , but this year will produce 2 players who will play for England for a long time in Ballance and Buttler. Just a shame we dont have a good spinner and a good left-arm quick.(oh, and a good captain!).

Topley has been playing well for Essex but is out at the moment with a back problem, Essex have been trying to manage him along as I think he is still only 20
    And Tymal Mills played for Blackheath on Saturday.
  • edited July 2014
    Anybody else notice that Buttler became the 665th player to play for England?
    I wonder who could become the 666th?... could it be...
    Dave De'ath or
    Steve St Ann
    or maybe outsider is Nigel DeVille.
  • Another observation !!....

All 4 of the batsmen who made big runs, Ballance,Bell,Cook and Buttler all had chances dropped and should have been out cheaply, and in Ballance and Bells cases would have been out cheaply if DRS had been in force (Ballance caught behind when on 15 i think proved by Hot Spot, and Bell LBW late on SUnday night when he had scored bugger-all.Buttler was 'caught' on 0, but brought back, and Cook dropped on 15.
    And the Indians say that they dont want DRS - w4nkers.!
  • Sponsored links:

• I really think that DRS should be brought in no matter what the Indians want.
  • edited July 2014
    dickplumb said:

I really think that DRS should be brought in no matter what the Indians want.

Not as simple as that Dickie boy, India hold the cricket financial purse-strings- if they didnt then it would be easy.
    What should be done is video evidence to show that they are wrong and that they are in danger of becoming the cricketing laughing-stock by refusal to use it - try to shame them into using DRS.
  • dickplumb said:

I really think that DRS should be brought in no matter what the Indians want.

Not as simple as that Dickie boy, India hold the cricket financial purse-strings- if they didnt then it would be easy.
    What should be done is video evidence to show that they are wrong and that they are in danger of becoming the cricketing laughing-stock by refusal to use it - try to shame them into using DRS.
    They already are a laughing stock. It doesn't matter how much evidence is waved at them they'll just stick their heads in the sand. The only way things will change is if India gets some shockers in a match they really care about.
  • India Now 88-3
  • Fuck me, first time I have seen Jordan bowl, he looks like a club bowler.

How could they drop Stokes for him?
  • Have the Indians said why they don't want DRS?
  • Fuck me, first time I have seen Jordan bowl, he looks like a club bowler.

How could they drop Stokes for him?

Yes, Jordan has been all over the place. I've only seen him bowl for England previously and he's bowled well. I thought he was very unlucky to be dropped for Stokes. Perhaps, it's affected his confidence.
    Broad bowled well & Anderson & Woakes looked useful. Woakes has increased his speed from last year & is now up there with the others, in terms of speed.
    Moheen Ali was unlucky as Rahane nudged one behind, but it wasn't given, when should have been.

123-3.
  • 136-4

Kohli c Cook B Anderson 39 Another good ball that left him.
  • Aside those of you listen to TMS I may be one of the after tea guests talking about cricket in the Great War during the third test at Old Trafford, I will be in Gallipoli at the time so we shall see, will try and mention Charlton if at allpossible.
  • SE7toSG3 said:

Aside those of you listen to TMS I may be one of the after tea guests talking about cricket in the Great War during the third test at Old Trafford, I will be in Gallipoli at the time so we shall see, will try and mention Charlton if at allpossible.

Fantastic ! - try to give us some notice.