Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England v India Test Series

Comments

• England are going to have to make a decision on Cook soon. His batting is all over the place.It is painful to watch him struggling so badly. I think removing him from the captaincy and letting him find his form with Essex might be the right thing to do. I can't see it happening but how long do you let him struggle before doing something about it?
  • Alastair Cook has been totally sussed out for what he is - a very average cricketer who has a flaw in and around his off stump which he has never and will never correct.

We dropped Robin Smith all those years ago despite his record and we should do the same with Cook.

• Alastair Cook has been totally sussed out for what he is - a very average cricketer who has a flaw in and around his off stump which he has never and will never correct.

We dropped Robin Smith all those years ago despite his record and we should do the same with Cook.

I don't disagree & always thought he looked dodgy in and around off stump. What I don't understand, is how he came back from that to be the most prolific run scorer in Test's, for a couple of years.
    I think he's up there with England's all time run scorers in Tests !
  • So i was offered a ticket to this thing, full hospitality at Lords on Friday 18th by a supplier, but i turned it down as cricket is shit right?

Way OTT.

Cook has TWENTY FIVE TEST CENTURIES IN 104 Tests at an average of 46.9 - that is more than any other Englishman has scored in Test history - so how can he even remotely be considered a "very average cricketer" with those stats and record over eight years of Test cricket is beyond me.

Sure he is having technical issues - and I don't think he should be skipper - but if he is an average player then Fuck knows what that makes the rest of them.
  • 96-1

Robson just dropped at leg slip - difficult chance.
  • Interesting point: Should we prep five pitches like this for The Ashes next year to nullify Johnson and Harris?
  • I think it is inevitable, the grounds want play to last 5 days.
  • CHG said:

I think it is inevitable, the grounds want play to last 5 days.

True, but it might also help to take the danger of Johnson - the difference in the Ashes - out of the equation.
  • It's not good when the game looks dead when less than half of the game has taken place. England could always surprise though - 189 all out anyone?

It's pretty negative going into an Ashes series with 5 'draw' pitches and hoping we win a toss that might swing one game. Australia aren't unbeatable.
  • Sponsored links:

• It's not good when the game looks dead when less than half of the game has taken place. England could always surprise though - 189 all out anyone?

It's pretty negative going into an Ashes series with 5 'draw' pitches and hoping we win a toss that might swing one game. Australia aren't unbeatable.

On bouncy pitches Johnson would be too much for our batsmen, we have to do what the Aussies would hate most and that is low and slow decks.

Just a shame we don't have a spinner any more....
  • Interesting point: Should we prep five pitches like this for The Ashes next year to nullify Johnson and Harris?

Not of we dont have a front line spinner!

Not of we dont have a front line spinner!
    Yes, I know, but we might turn them over with reverse swing and attritional cricket.

We have got to stop Johnson bouncing us out again.
  • Looks as though we are trying to make the game more likely to have a result - 154 for 3
  • 202 for 6 - the wicket's obviously turned nasty
  • edited July 2014

202 for 6 - the wicket's obviously turned nasty

Suits India's bowlers more than ours?

Prior very unlucky to be given out..

well you are not going to be be far off !

• Hmm, I'm at the game tomorrow, would be nice to see jimmy get a 50!
  • England. Fucking hell.
  • That last wicket partnership for them suddenly looks even better......
  • Sponsored links:

• Anderson and Broad showing the rest how it can be done...
  • India really are stupid numpties by refusing DRS - cant believe the arrogance .

BTW, anyone see Trent Boults catch on the boundary for NZ v WI - probably the best boundary catch i have ever seen - absolutely amazing.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw4LyJ9tnGY
  • Tekkers!
  • Well done Root and Andersen. This England team is average at best but at least there's some fight in the team. Some of our 'recognised' batsmen should be embarrassed by their dismissals though.
  • Cook should declare - have 20 minutes at the demoralised openers before lunch and let lndia know they couldn't bowl them out. Michael Clarke has done that brilliantly before and won a 'dead' Test match, just like this one. Had the oppo 40 for 5 or something like that in the 2nd dig. Never recovered.
  • Great to see our tail wagging. Superb from Root and Anderson. Awful from Dhoni.
  • edited July 2014
    485-9 at lunch
    England lead by 28
    Root 143 no
    Anderson 81 no

World record 10th wicket partnership
    Anderson's best Test score
  • Great viewing! The tail wags for a change.
  • England should take Cook out of the firing line and let Jimmy open the second innings.
  • Make Root Captain.