Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India Test Series

Comments

• Options

The only time I wasn't able to see the ball, was at Lords, with Malinga bowling and as you say we were side-on to the wicket.

Off to Lords shortly, for what looks like a day of more rain than cricket. Luckily, we're in the Compton Lower today, so at least our seats won't get wet.

Ah, you're inside the pillbox ! about time they re-developed Edrich and Compton again - the view from underneath is shocking.
  • Options
    The lower Edrich and Compton are a bit of a windtunnel and 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the ground, but handy on a day like today. I've got seats in the Grandstand today, though I doubt I'll be using them much sadly :-(
  • Options

The only time I wasn't able to see the ball, was at Lords, with Malinga bowling and as you say we were side-on to the wicket.

Off to Lords shortly, for what looks like a day of more rain than cricket. Luckily, we're in the Compton Lower today, so at least our seats won't get wet.

I think the only reason he couldnt see the ball CE was because more than likely too much Veuve Cliquot on a corporate ! You know the type, one of those who get a free ticket, then come on slagging off a sport coz they dont have the mental capacity to go and try to understand the game.
  • Options
    265-7.
    Plunkett and Prior done well this morning but Prior just out.
    All of Englands top 8 have reached double figures now - i bet that'll be the kiss of death !.
  • Options
    Andrew Samson - BBC Test Match Special statistician
    "In his last nine international innings Ben Stokes has had five ducks and a top score of five."
  • Options
    Incredible innovations that Sky come up with.. now,...the Batmap -which shows where on the bat the batsman has hit every ball.
    Interesting in Dhawans case coz he nailed it in the middle but got caught !
  • Options
    Well maybe we have a sniff now?

3 quick wickets leaves India 4 down about 100 ahead.
  • Options
    India 123-4 Rahane caught off armguard - laugh ! - and they still believe no DRS is better !!!!
  • Options
    And Rahane has the cheek to tell the umpire it came off his arm guard. Should be docked part of his pay for bringing the game into disrepute! ;-)
  • Options
    India in danger of making themselves the laughing stock of cricket - would just luv it if there was another wicket that could have been reviewed successfully.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    After the weather forecast for today, was amazed to get a full day's play in! Fingers crossed for anyone here who has tickets for tomorrow, the game is fascinatingly poised.
  • Options
    The ball from plunkett to get kohli was an absolute corker!
  • Options

Well, TBH, it was only a 'corker' because he didnt play a shot to it ! - otherwise, it was a pretty ordinary ball .
  • Options

Well, TBH, it was only a 'corker' because he didnt play a shot to it ! - otherwise, it was a pretty ordinary ball .
    Harsh, it came back to him, whereas the one to Pujara went away, so he would have been expecting the same...
  • Options
    edited July 2014

The lower Edrich and Compton are a bit of a windtunnel and 20 degrees cooler than the rest of the ground, but handy on a day like today. I've got seats in the Grandstand today, though I doubt I'll be using them much sadly :-(

You are so right. We sat there in complete comfort all day, not a bead of sweat. Only nipped out for toilet & beers and didn't think it was that hot at all yesterday.

However, by the time I got home, I was melting. I couldn't believe it & on the TV highlights I watched (sad) they said it was 86F !

NB We didn't realise Rahane had been caught off his arm guard :-)

Anyway, off again now. Compton Upper again. It's gonna be too hot.

Toodle pip. :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Harsh, it came back to him, whereas the one to Pujara went away, so he would have been expecting the same...
    TBH, if he had played a shot, 99 times out of a 100 he wouldnt have got out . (Unless of course you were Cook, who would obviously have either nicked behind or played on!)
    So, its not a 'corker' in my evaluation.A corker is when the batsman can do nothing about it whatever he might try.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Plunketts bowling this morning has been shocking.
    They used to say that if you put an A4 piece of paper on the pitch that Curtly Ambrose would hit it 5 out of 6 - Plunkett this morning would have hit it zero times. Sprayed it all over the place.
  • Options
    Dhoni 19 c Bell b Plunkett. 202-5
  • Options

Obviously my gee-up worked !
  • Options

Plunketts bowling this morning has been shocking.
    They used to say that if you put an A4 piece of paper on the pitch that Curtly Ambrose would hit it 5 out of 6 - Plunkett this morning would have hit it zero times. Sprayed it all over the place.

Lol.
    That is cricket in a nutshell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was in the Grandstand, front row, yesterday, and couldn't believe the number of champagne corks flying on to the pitch yesterday! Another world from the beer glass snakes elsewhere in the country...
  • Options
    Binny 0 c Cook b M.Ali. 203-6

Great catch from the captain.
  • Options
    Great catch by Cook !
  • Options
    If we can get Vijay out quickly then we could have a sniff in this game.
  • Options
    Both teams bat so deep, and both tails have been so good, that being 6 down usually means another 150 runs to come!
  • Options
    New ball is key.
  • Options
    Big big moment. Vijay gone for 95. B Anderson C Prior.
  • Options
    235-7. Lead by 211.
  • Options
    if we can keep them to less than 250 lead, then we've got a chance.
  • Options
    4 slips, a gully and a backward point greet Kumar ...