Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India Test Series

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014
    England 496 All Out. Anderson 81 Root 154 no England lead by 39 runs

India 57-1 lead by 18 runs

Dhawan C & B Ali 29

• Options
    Well done Anderson - great knock added by Root who once again showed his potential.

• Options
    Deadly dull pitch but a privilege to be there to see Jimmy get his first test fifty!
  • Options
    What was the altercation between Ishant and Root about?
  • Options

What was the altercation between Ishant and Root about?

Ishant thought Root was out(maybe a tiny edge) and got a bit stroppy as a result, just a bit of frustration really
  • Options
    Not sure it carried to the keeper and snicko didn't show a touch.
  • Options
    Kohli lbw Broad 8

168-4

India lead by 129
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Rahane c Prior b Broad 24

173-5

India lead by 134

No sun, very cloudy, the wicket has come alive, ball swinging.
  • Options
    If you ever need an example of Cooks (lack of) captaincy skills, here we have 2 batsmen on 0 - and he has one slip - i just despair at times. Its just schoolboy stuff !
  • Options
    And he drops Dhoni with a regulation catch !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    184-6
    Dhoni b Plunkett 11
    India lead by 146
  • Options
    Cook has to go - he doesn't bring runs and his captaincy is rubbish. He is a dead man walking, so why prolong the inevitable?
  • Options
    Crystal clear that Cook, since becoming Captain, can't think and "do" at the same time:
    - batting gone to pot
    - catching gone to pot
    and the double whammy is, he's no Strauss or Vaughan as skipper and a million miles from a Brearley.
    Show some imagination and balls and throw Root in at the deep end as Captain. Got the cricketing brain and character to do it, especially batting middle order. Give Cook the freedom to regain some form and prove himself once again as an opener.
  • Options

Crystal clear that Cook, since becoming Captain, can't think and "do" at the same time:
    - batting gone to pot
    - catching gone to pot
    and the double whammy is, he's no Strauss or Vaughan as skipper and a million miles from a Brearley.
    Show some imagination and balls and throw Root in at the deep end as Captain. Got the cricketing brain and character to do it, especially batting middle order. Give Cook the freedom to regain some form and prove himself once again as an opener.

Agree

I think cook is an outstanding batsman but is woefully out of form. Vaughan & strauss both got away with being out of form as they were brilliant on field captains. Cook is not!!!

Take the captaincy away from him & let him concentrate on getting back to being one of the best batsman in world cricket!!
  • Options
    Cook cements his place in the team, with a wicket !

India 391-9 cop. Match drawn.
  • Options
    Anderson needs to open the batting at Lords with Cook opening the bowling!
  • Options
    2nd Test - Lords.

Eng won the toss & decided to field.

India at Lunch - 76/2. Prior dropped a regulation nick off Moheen Ali with the final ball of the morning. He was up to the stumps but the ball went in the gloves & out again. Too many of these lately for my liking. I've always ranked Prior because he can bat a bit but time maybe for someone else behind the sticks.
  • Options
    Good catch by Prior off Anderson. 87-3
  • Options

2nd Test - Lords.

Eng won the toss & decided to field.

India at Lunch - 76/2. Prior dropped a regulation nick off Moheen Ali with the final ball of the morning. He was up to the stumps but the ball went in the gloves & out again. Too many of these lately for my liking. I've always ranked Prior because he can bat a bit but time maybe for someone else behind the sticks.

I agree, time to try Buttler in there.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Pujara bowled by Stokes for 28. 113-4
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014
    There is a way in for Buttler at 8 with Stokes moving up to 7 but if like to see the players around Prior cemented before dropping him.

Eventually, we'd be looking to play Stokes at 6 and Buttler at 7 once we find ourselves a proper spinner.
  • Options
    Dhoni caught by Prior off Broad for 1. 123-5
  • Options
    Jadeja lbw M.Ali for 3. 128-6
  • Options

There is a way in for Buttler at 8 with Stokes moving up to 7 but if like to see the players around Prior cemented before dropping him.

Eventually, we'd be looking to play Stokes at 6 and Buttler at 7 once we find ourselves a proper spinner.

i like your thinking

• Options
    140-6 at tea.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I noticed a few England cricketers had a night out and one had to bee carried out drunk...now if that had been a footballer the media would be all over it.

Lets hope we perform otherwise the press will point to such incidents as an example of lack of control from the captain and coach.

• Options
    I don't think there is any doubt about Buttler's batting, he could probably bat at 6.

The question is over his keeping which is apparently not really top-notch and probably not better than Prior.

If Prior has to go then it might be worth bringing in James Foster or Chris Read as a short-term move - would not weaken the batting as they could bat at behind Ali, Stokes and Broad.
  • Options
    I went yesterday. Good day, Going again Saturday & Sunday.
  • Options
    I also went. My god it was hot. Was sitting to the side of the media centre in the sun all day. Still trying to re hydrate now!
  • Options
    Robson dropped at 2nd slip by Rahane. An absolute Dolly :-)

But now Cook c Dhoni b Kumar 10.