Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v India Test Series

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2014

I also went. My god it was hot. Was sitting to the side of the media centre in the sun all day. Still trying to re hydrate now!

Sounds like you was sitting near me. Compton Upper. Mind you I spent the 2nd half of the afternoon session in the shade, watching it on the big screen.
  • Options
    I was Edrich upper so the other side......

Gulp - notice Cook has gone. This is a crisis with him now. Poor guy can't carry on like this.
  • Options
    Poor again from Cook.
  • Options
    seems as if cook practices his mistakes

hes been found out and needs a long rest ...maybe his eyes are going but apart from 1 freak dismissal hes getting out in the same way over and over again
  • Options
    Another rubbish Pub shot from Robson.
  • Options
    Robson gone. Another loose shot. No need to be playing an expansive drive at that ball.
  • Options
    lolwray said:

seems as if cook practices his mistakes

hes been found out and needs a long rest ...maybe his eyes are going but apart from 1 freak dismissal hes getting out in the same way over and over again

Has started to play like Alec Stewart in his not moving his feet days......

• Options
    There's only so long I can go on defending Cook...
  • Options
    Very impressed with Kumar. Incredibly consistent line & length. Perfect test match bowling
  • Options

Very impressed with Kumar. Incredibly consistent line & length. Perfect test match bowling

i am beginning to sound like geoff boycott but he is bowling intelligently and according to the conditions unlike england yesterday ...this has the makings of a good test match though

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    On the plus side- Cook improved his recent average with that knock.
  • Options
    He is not doing himself or England any good, as Boycott said he should drop himself and go back to Essex and get some runs.
  • Options
    Bell c Dajeda b Kumar 16

70-3 Unlucky, a good ball darted in, bouncing off his glove to slip.
  • Options
    Root lbw Dadeja 13

113-4

Massive inside edge, shouldn't have been given out.
  • Options
    Series is an Absolute Joke, Further highlights the need for DRS, Root hard done by...
  • Options
    Indian arrogance re DRS.
    What about if the Indian Tennis player saying that he didnt like Hawkeye and refused to play with it. Or the Indian Rugby team didnt want it - the authorities would tell them where to stick it.
  • Options
    The ICC should just introduce it as a standard rule that all tests etc must use the system - as The President states countries/players cannot get their own way in other sports.

Balance holding the innings together it seems - that Kumar is a real peast!
  • Options
    i think the refusal to use DRS will put more pressure on the umpires ergo more mistakes ..not good for the game
  • Options
    At least we've avoided the follow on...
  • Options
    I am at Lords and I would rather be at the dentist.England playing with no attacking intent on a decent pitch in brilliant sunshine,dreadful. If Ballance gets a century it will be one of the worst I have ever seen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:

I am at Lords and I would rather be at the dentist.England playing with no attacking intent on a decent pitch in brilliant sunshine,dreadful. If Ballance gets a century it will be one of the worst I have ever seen.

I guess that's the problem England have had in recent years, the inability to accelerate and take on the bowling without playing silly shots and getting out!
  • Options
    Don't dispute the tedium but seems to me that England have two teams within the team, certainly as regards batting.
    For the most part, the "old guard" (Cook, Prior, Bell) have been crud (as they were in Oz) and have left all the run-scoring to others. By and large, the younger guns are doing pretty well. Moeen is class. Root was unlucky but is clearly a fixture (and should be made Captain after this test) and though Ballance's technique may be suspect against serious pace, you can't deny he's toughing it out, which is more than can be said for some. Robson and Stokes have shown ability but, like all new arrivals, are prone to off days.
    Nonetheless, some semblance of hope for the future. Biting the bullet on the captaincy and the keeper would help.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Southbank said:

What a load of bollox. Usual diatribe from someone who doesnt 'know' cricket. Corporate day , is it ?? Had too much Veuve Cliquot ??
    As Warney just said 'Wonderful innings- great knock'
    Well done Gary Ballance - Jonathan Trott, who needs him?.
  • Options
    Gary Ballance , 2 Tests at Lords, 2 centuries.
    Will be a England player for many years to come.
  • Options
    Holy cow. Nightwatchman for Prior with 7 overs to go and 2nd new ball about to arrive!! Pathetic.
  • Options
    I was there, new to live cricket. Couldn't see the ball and don't believe anyone else could. Most people talking and joking about how bad it was, others pissed and complaining about the heat. I would imagine most cricket lovers also like jazz. Can't wait for the football season to start.
  • Options
    masicat said:

I was there, new to live cricket. Couldn't see the ball and don't believe anyone else could. Most people talking and joking about how bad it was, others pissed and complaining about the heat. I would imagine most cricket lovers also like jazz. Can't wait for the football season to start.

But of advice, try to sit as close as you can to behind the bowlers arm if you want to see the ball!

I assume you were sitting close to side-on of the wicket ...
  • Options
    I wouldn't want Cook in the Essex side at the moment

He would still nick it behind playing pub cricket

• Options
    The only time I wasn't able to see the ball, was at Lords, with Malinga bowling and as you say we were side-on to the wicket.

Off to Lords shortly, for what looks like a day of more rain than cricket. Luckily, we're in the Compton Lower today, so at least our seats won't get wet.
  • Options
    Time for Cook to look at the bigger picture and take himself out of the firing line. Not scoring runs and tactically lacking in the field is hurting England's chances of winning anything. Or he needs to drop himself down the order, bat right handed or something as he is being found out too easily. Being an England fan of any sport at the moment is not pleasant!