Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford Away (Sold Out)

Comments

• Options
    Sorry to hear Toddler, its rubbish when you see consistent travellers miss out
  • Options
    Ps. Contact the club and ask to go on A returns list. They always have returns
  • Options
    Am I the only one thinking that its irrelevant how many away games you attend? There are people with season tickets that can only make the odd away game per season, yet they commit to an entire season of football at home.

Someone who attends all away games yet does not go to all the home matches is the same as people who have season tickets and make the odd away.

If you want priority for tickets then VG and season ticket is the way to go. I know we are no Arsenal or Chelsea, but they HAVE to have a season ticket before they even get a sniff of an away ticket.

I don't want to offend anyone but I don't think the ticket office and club have done anything wrong.
  • Options
    robroy said:

Am I the only one thinking that its irrelevant how many away games you attend? There are people with season tickets that can only make the odd away game per season, yet they commit to an entire season of football at home.

Someone who attends all away games yet does not go to all the home matches is the same as people who have season tickets and make the odd away.

If you want priority for tickets then VG and season ticket is the way to go. I know we are no Arsenal or Chelsea, but they HAVE to have a season ticket before they even get a sniff of an away ticket.

I don't want to offend anyone but I don't think the ticket office and club have done anything wrong.

Whilst I kind of understand your point, surely committing to even half the aways each season (inc.travel cost etc) is as much of a commitment, especially when you look at how Northern our league has been the last two years.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    EDit
  • Options
    Got fed up hanging on the phone. I am lucky enough to be near enough to go down to the Valley, and I got three in person about 11.35 this morning.
  • Options
    New season, same arguments.
  • Options
    The best option for all should be

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket
    VG + 5 away from last season

Then let us peasants scrap for whats left
  • Options
    robroy said:

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket

Might work if they only give 1 per VG or so on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I missed one away last season forest on a Tuesday night as I was ill, pretty pissed off that I haven't got a ticket after being on the phone for 58 mins. No doubt I'll be 1 of the 250 that travel to Bolton and Huddersfield etc. Hoping a spare or two come up

You should drop them an email mate - tickets@cafc.co.uk. Might put you at the top of the queue if there's any returns, and will at least make them aware, if they aren't already, that they've made a blunder with the way they've handled ticket distribution for this game.
  • Options
    robroy said:

arsenal fans join some (paid) away ticket scheme which comes free with a season ticket in order to go to away games, I thought it was strange that a non-season ticket holder I know was able to get away tickets, no idea about Chelsea.

I hope you're the only person who thinks it's irrelevant how many aways you attend!
  • Options
    robroy said:

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket

Pretty much what they did last season, even for Sheff Utd which surprised a few people when it sold out. They would've know this was a glamorous game, god knows why they changed a decent system.
  • Options

robroy said:

arsenal fans join some (paid) away ticket scheme which comes free with a season ticket in order to go to away games, I thought it was strange that a non-season ticket holder I know was able to get away tickets, no idea about Chelsea.

I hope you're the only person who thinks it's irrelevant how many aways you attend!
    Arsenal season ticket holders still get priority, then it goes to that mob. The gooner fans in the office wait for any spare tickets and they pay each year (but don't have season tickets).

My point was that there is no difference to people attending 10 away games to 10 home games. They are attending and supporting their team regardless of where the game is.
  • Options
    Surely a loyalty scheme through membership is the way forward, it can't be that expensive, can it??
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I missed one away last season forest on a Tuesday night as I was ill, pretty pissed off that I haven't got a ticket after being on the phone for 58 mins. No doubt I'll be 1 of the 250 that travel to Bolton and Huddersfield etc. Hoping a spare or two come up

You should drop them an email mate - tickets@cafc.co.uk. Might put you at the top of the queue if there's any returns, and will at least make them aware, if they aren't already, that they've made a blunder with the way they've handled ticket distribution for this game.

I also had a season ticket last year and valley gold, this season haven't got the funds for a season ticket at present so only have valley gold.
  • Options
    big wish i could be there, give it plenty, lads!
  • Options
    I blame Brentford. poxy tin pot club.
  • Options
    novice question, if brentford play in red & white stripes, do we still play in our 1st choice strip, or 2nd?
  • Options
    Plaaayer said:

New season, same arguments.

Exactly! We had this same conversation for the Bournemouth game last season.
    Valley Gold is £10 per month! £10! If you are travelling to away games regularly then you have a spare tenner each month to spend surely? The cost of this game alone when you take into account tickets, travel, beer etc will be at least five or six months worth of membership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2014

novice question, if brentford play in red & white stripes, do we still play in our 1st choice strip, or 2nd?

Red & white striped shirt and black shorts with black socks.

We'll either go with black shirts with red shorts and socks OR more likely be wearing that reverse "tequila sunrise" 3rd kit.
  • Options
    Where's Airman when you need someone to stick the proverbial knife into the club ?
  • Options
    robroy said:

Absolutely spot on
  • Options
    In factual terms there is a difference between a supporter going to 10 home as against 10 away games. Charlton Athletic will benefit far more financially from the fan attending home games. Not looking for a row, as I sure most fans who attend away games and do not have season tickets are also regulars at the valley. But just stating a fact.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Those of us who renewed before the first deadline this year (known as the G2014) ought to have priority for eternity. Obvious.
  • Options

In factual terms there is a difference between a supporter going to 10 home as against 10 away games. Charlton Athletic will benefit far more financially from the fan attending home games. Not looking for a row, as I sure most fans who attend away games and do not have season tickets are also regulars at the valley. But just stating a fact.

The fact of the matter is, is that fans who do away games aswell are more committed than the fan that does just home games, by parting with more money, travelling hours and taking up the whole day, to watch his/her team.

I'm not digging anyone out but IMO... Fans like this should be rewarded for their commitment
  • Options

robroy said:

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket

Might work if they only give 1 per VG or so on.
    That would mean that parents wouldn't be able to go to away matches with their kids though... I have 4 for Brentford, 2 adults (both VIP and season ticket holders) and 2 kids. Under your proposal my kids miss out...
  • Options
    In order I reckon a fair way(I am not Valley Gold btw)

Valley Gold...........irrespective of number of away games attended
    People with 7 away matches......irrespective of season ticket holder or not
    Season ticket holders
    General sale