Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford Away (Sold Out)

Comments

• Options

For games like this ( and we all know the necessary fixtures in advance) there is no reason what so ever why the rule should not be changed to 1 per season ticket holder.

robroy said:

The best option for all should be

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket
    VG + 5 away from last season

Then let us peasants scrap for whats left

Might work if they only give 1 per VG or so on.
    That would mean that parents wouldn't be able to go to away matches with their kids though... I have 4 for Brentford, 2 adults (both VIP and season ticket holders) and 2 kids. Under your proposal my kids miss out...
    As harsh as it may sound If the kids ain't ST holders or VG why should they get priority over someone who is, just because their parents are going.

This only happens a few games a season and for those games it should be 1 each. And believe me - that would disadvantage me at times but its only fair.
  • Options

For games like this ( and we all know the necessary fixtures in advance) there is no reason what so ever why the rule should not be changed to 1 per season ticket holder.

robroy said:

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket

That would mean that parents wouldn't be able to go to away matches with their kids though... I have 4 for Brentford, 2 adults (both VIP and season ticket holders) and 2 kids. Under your proposal my kids miss out...
    As harsh as it may sound If the kids ain't ST holders or VG why should they get priority over someone who is, just because their parents are going.

This only happens a few games a season and for those games it should be 1 each. And believe me - that would disadvantage me at times but its only fair.
    They are season ticket holders but a kid can't be a member of VG (I don't think).

Just seems like we should be encouraging the fans of tomorrow rather than saying they can't go because they're not committed enough.... but I do agree that there is no solution to this that would please everyone, and it could be I think the current set up is the best because it works for me, so I'm biased.
  • Options
    I agree that ST holders & Valley Gold should be before those without ST as they have committed a lump sum down to the club but feel that it should have been given to those with a season ticket & 5 matches or both Valley Gold & Season ticket holders before going on Sale to all Season tickets. I have been lucky enough to get tickets and went to about 10 away's last year but I know how I would feel right now had I not been lucky enough.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

robroy said:

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket

They are season ticket holders but a kid can't be a member of VG (I don't think).

Just seems like we should be encouraging the fans of tomorrow rather than saying they can't go because they're not committed enough.... but I do agree that there is no solution to this that would please everyone, and it could be I think the current set up is the best because it works for me, so I'm biased.
    So there is no issue there. As I understand it currently a season ticket holder can purchase two and pass one on to a non season ticket holder - which (ifmI'm correct) is wrong.
  • Options
    will this still be argued over when we play Rotherham on a cold Saturday in January?
  • Options

robroy said:

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket

So there is no issue there. As I understand it currently a season ticket holder can purchase two and pass one on to a non season ticket holder - which (ifmI'm correct) is wrong.
    Well I was originally replying to the post that said it should be one per VG member which would be a problem. Anyway, I should shut up as I have my tickets and I feel for those that don't - I just think that it's a really hard task for the club identifying who should get first priority and I reckon at the moment they have it about right.
  • Options

will this still be argued over when we play Rotherham on a cold Saturday in January?

Has it been moved from the 20th September?
    on yeah that's the home game.

wigan away in February will really test out our away ticket policy
  • Options
    The kids not being allowed to gamble, as in Valley Gold, has always been an issue, and in my view if they're season ticket holders then VG parents should be allowed to buy for them. Going to the footie with your kids is an inalienable right, or ought to be.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

robroy said:

Priority
    5 Year Season Ticket
    VG + Season Ticket

Not if your k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always disappointing when kids are brought into an argument. No idea how people can think being allocated 2 tickets is in anyway fair.
  • Options
    Most away ticket stubs should get priority all the way! I've been a season ticket holder since 93. I went to two away games last season and think any member who went to more away games than me deserves a ticket ahead of me! Where as the season(can't remember which year) we reached the quarter finals of theFA cup against Bolton away at the reebok, I'd followed Charlton all over the country that season. Yet I had to watch that game on the big screen at the valley whilst probably the majority of VG members in that away crowd hadn't been to an away game all season!
  • Options
    Always thought it should be one per person, whether VG or ST holder, as any more can be abused. However, it will probably be the only game this season where demand outstrips supply and being first game of the season it was always going to be a bun fight for tickets.
  • Options

Always disappointing when kids are brought into an argument. No idea how people can think being allocated 2 tickets is in anyway fair.

Fair enough and as in my case my kids *are* season ticket holders it appears I've brought kids into the discussion for no reason... er... I think we should move on.
  • Options
    Waaahay,

And like a comfortable glove, we slip beautifully into the new season with a VG / ticket priority debate :-)
  • Options
    I had forgotten the previous outrage when ST prices weren't doubled after the first deadline. ......
  • Options
    I always go to Brentford. I have a feeling we didn't sell out the last time/last couple of times we played there.
    Certainly, there was a cup game, where we didn't sell out. Ooh aah would know.
  • Options
    It's like a bunch of old women (apologies to any real old women reading this) moaning & griping on on here. Different season, same argument, you ALL know the answer.

Once that happens, then the Club would have to look at restricting to no more than 1 ticket each. Until then, it's a pretty fair way of allocating.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Can't we do a system where points are ammased per games etc and do priority that way. For example

15pts VG/VIP
    10pts season tickets
    2pts mid week or north of Birmingham games
    1pt for near away games / individual home game tickets.

For first 3 games of season go on last year PTs.
    So priority could have been 30+ PTs, then 20+ then 5+ then general.

Is this not a fairer way of rewarding everybody regardless of location or circumstance?
  • Options
    The only answer is to get into the premier league where they have more room for away supporters (sorry forgot, then we will have 10,000 more supporters)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should definitely be 1 ticket per ST/VG member, would obviously punish those buying tickets for an other Charlton fan but also stops people buying tickets for non-Charlton fans, I know of at least 3 people who have bought tickets today for non-Charlton supporters who just fancy a day out at Brentford & that's not right
  • Options

Finally got tickets...might just sign up to VG to avoid this hassle in future

I did sign up to VG. Was still told that I had to wait until today to get tickets (using VG membership and last season's away match 'credits').
  • Options
    My sons pretty gutted we missed out on Brentford, but you win some , you lose some, see you all up at Middlesboro :-0
  • Options

I always go to Brentford. I have a feeling we didn't sell out the last time/last couple of times we played there.

First year down in League One 1,783
    Second year in League One 1,698 -Johnny Painting Competition 836
    Third year in League One 1,830
  • Options
    I don't see a problem with it. I haven't had a ST in years but always do enough of the less glamorous aways to qualify for the high profile ones.

The phone line situation is shit, but it's the first game of the season. Won't happen again all season unless we get a decent cup tie.
  • Options
    edited July 2014

First year down in League One 1,783
    Second year in League One 1,698 -Johnny Painting Competition 836
    Third year in League One 1,830
    So I'm possibly correct, that we haven't sold out Brentford on 3 of the last 4 games at Griffin Park.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I

is this a joke?

Let's make it 6 tickets per season ticket, that's surely fairer yeah??
  • Options
    Forget all that "sea of red" stuff, this will give the new lads a chance to see 3000 away fans at a London derby. There is going to be a lot of noise, as we always out-sing the Bees, and looking at our first 6 games, we need to get something from this game.
  • Options
    Wat a complete shambles. You travel all over the country to support your team year after year then they change the system and am now unable to get Brentford tickets. We have season tickets with away purchase record which has always counted when there are restrictions. The ticket office manager ( who has now pissed off on holiday) decided to change the criteria this season. Am absolutely fuming ! I phoned thursday morning constantly getting cut off only to eventually get through to be told they are sold out. Where will all these "fans" be in the middle of winter when we're playing Blackburn etc certainly not at the game thats for sure !