Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brentford Away (Sold Out)

Comments

• There's over 8000 season ticket holders and we was only given 1600 tickets for a London derby on the first game of the season of course it was gonna sell out fast ! First come first serve everyone going is either valley gold or season ticket holder or both I think the restrictions were fine.
  • angrybird said:

Wat a complete shambles. You travel all over the country to support your team year after year then they change the system and am now unable to get Brentford tickets. We have season tickets with away purchase record which has always counted when there are restrictions. The ticket office manager ( who has now pissed off on holiday) decided to change the criteria this season. Am absolutely fuming ! I phoned thursday morning constantly getting cut off only to eventually get through to be told they are sold out. Where will all these "fans" be in the middle of winter when we're playing Blackburn etc certainly not at the game thats for sure !

Agreed
  • bobcafc7 said:

There's over 8000 season ticket holders and we was only given 1600 tickets for a London derby on the first game of the season of course it was gonna sell out fast ! First come first serve everyone going is either valley gold or season ticket holder or both I think the restrictions were fine.

Sorry Bob , but i won't be able to make it to your first 'proper' game , just stick 11 men behind the ball , and you'll be fine.
  • edited July 2014

I always go to Brentford. I have a feeling we didn't sell out the last time/last couple of times we played there.
    Certainly, there was a cup game, where we didn't sell out. Ooh aah would know.

First year down in League One 1,783
    Second year in League One 1,698 -Johnny Painting Competition 836
    Third year in League One 1,830
    So I'm possibly correct, that we haven't sold out Brentford on 3 of the last 4 games at Griffin Park.
    I think the league games have all been sold out - it's not unusual to get that kind of fluctuation in the numbers of tickets released for sale.
  • bobcafc7 said:

There's over 8000 season ticket holders and we was only given 1600 tickets for a London derby on the first game of the season of course it was gonna sell out fast ! First come first serve everyone going is either valley gold or season ticket holder or both I think the restrictions were fine.

Not true.
  • Forget all that "sea of red" stuff, this will give the new lads a chance to see 3000 away fans at a London derby. There is going to be a lot of noise, as we always out-sing the Bees, and looking at our first 6 games, we need to get something from this game.

3,000 ?? Don't think this thread would be 7 pages long if they'd given us 3,000 tickets!! ;o)
    I didn't say we would be all in the same end ;)
  • bobcafc7 said:

Not true.
    Everyone that bought one then !

If it was on sale to people that went to 5 aways last season it would of gone just as quick anyway.

Plus most people are moaning they couldn't get through ect like I said it's first come first serve, valley gold is the way to go really.
  • angrybird said:

Wat a complete shambles. You travel all over the country to support your team year after year then they change the system and am now unable to get Brentford tickets. We have season tickets with away purchase record which has always counted when there are restrictions. The ticket office manager ( who has now pissed off on holiday) decided to change the criteria this season. Am absolutely fuming ! I phoned thursday morning constantly getting cut off only to eventually get through to be told they are sold out. Where will all these "fans" be in the middle of winter when we're playing Blackburn etc certainly not at the game thats for sure !

Did you get a ticket then or not?
  • over 8,000 season ticket holders and only 1,600 tickets available,easy,first come first served,a no brainer
  • Sponsored links:

• bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

Not true.
    Everyone that bought one then !

If it was on sale to people that went to 5 aways last season it would of gone just as quick anyway.

Plus most people are moaning they couldn't get through ect like I said it's first come first serve, valley gold is the way to go really.
    I thought it was?

• I always go to Brentford. I have a feeling we didn't sell out the last time/last couple of times we played there.
    Certainly, there was a cup game, where we didn't sell out. Ooh aah would know.

First year down in League One 1,783
    Second year in League One 1,698 -Johnny Painting Competition 836
    Third year in League One 1,830
    So I'm possibly correct, that we haven't sold out Brentford on 3 of the last 4 games at Griffin Park.
    I think the league games have all been sold out - it's not unusual to get that kind of fluctuation in the numbers of tickets released for sale.
    Not sure but one year, the ticket holder lost the tickets so we got to the ground early about 12 or 1 and brought more tickets so not sure if it sold that day but hadn't as of 1 o clock.
  • edited July 2014
    You are never going to please all the people all the time. Im not a ST but did quite a few away games last year. One thing the club could do is put them on sale to ST holders with an away record / criteria and also offer those without a history the option to buy Brentford and one other away game from the next 2/3 games. Would boost our away figures for less popular games ?

Ultimately unless you love your seat at home matches, there is no need to buy a ST currently.
  • I think the only thing they got wrong is that after 5 Year SST's and VG SST's it should have been SST's with away history of four games last season before going to all SST's. Hope they realise this error and sort it before Brighton away and in time for our next FA Cup QF in 2024.
  • angrybird said:

Certainly go along with the Blackburn bit.
  • angrybird said:

Hanging on the phone for an hour or more (on 2 lines) to then get cut off and find out they'd all sold anyway was exasperating. Insufficient staff answering the phone for what was always gonna be a popular fixture but we know RD doesn't give une baise so long as it washes its face. 2 per ST is obviously wrong and unfair cos there are gonna be plenty of bods in the away sections with no ST or VG just to save roly douchebag a few cents branleur.
    Sure as oeufs is oeufs it'll be the same for the Brighton game and all the popular away fixtures. Quel salaud!
  • I always end up scabing a ST loan or similar for these games but the +1 rule does seem a bit unfair even if I have enjoyed it before now.
  • PL54 said:

I always end up scabing a ST loan or similar for these games but the +1 rule does seem a bit unfair even if I have enjoyed it before now.

One of the solutions that works for that person. Not every Valley Gold/VIP season ticket holder will go these away games, so it's case of either joining Valley gold along with purchasing your season ticket, or know someone who is one already
  • This topic won't be discussed once we start playing Huddersfield, Rotherham & Co. Plenty of spares then...

I am VG & ST holder, and have a ticket for Brentford. Personally, I think all Games could be categorised. Local games should be; 5yr ST, then VG/ST, then ST with 3 aways, ST, the general.

Also I think you should only have one ticket per ST. Unless it's an un appealing game like; Middlesbrough away in January! In which case a couple of mates pop along, for a weekender in Newcastle! I think there were only 200 of us up there anyway!
  • You're all wrong.

There ought to be a decibel reading machine at the box office, and one attached to the phone lines. Away tickets should be allocated according to loudness of voice when purchasers are asked to sing RRR. Anybody falling below 110db's should be refused.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2014
  • The club should be looking to consult with the Trust and Charlton support to get a fair policy that the majority agree with. Those supporters who go to away games should have a couple of days to buy tickets before it is put out to the wider support.
  • I know we rarely sell out away games but why not implement a points system?
  • bobcafc7 said:

bobcafc7 said:

• Well u hav obviously got a ticket. Spare a thought for us fans who hav travelled around the country to all previous away games but were unable to get a ticket cos everyone comes out of the woodwork and wants to go to Brentford. Wonder where they will all b when we play Rotherham!
  • I never considered going for a ticket because I'm doing something else that day but any away points system would be useless for me. I went to nine away games last season and apart from Sheff Utd in the cup (and even that ticket was purchased for me by someone else- salutations RedPanda) I paid on the day. Meaning the club would have no record of my attendance at all. I'd be buggered despite making a little effort to support the team.
  • edited July 2014
    Its the start of a new season so it's a clean slate, no point arguing about it, the club have decided this is the way it is for the first away match of the season, and I'm sure later on we will have priority for people with previous stubs
  • If you keep the stub you could show te ticket office when you're next at the valley and they could add those points to your total.

• _nam11 said:

This topic won't be discussed once we start playing Huddersfield, Rotherham & Co. Plenty of spares then...

Rotherham will sell out.

New ground innit.
  • angrybird said:

Well u hav obviously got a ticket. Spare a thought for us fans who hav travelled around the country to all previous away games but were unable to get a ticket cos everyone comes out of the woodwork and wants to go to Brentford. Wonder where they will all b when we play Rotherham!

Like I said everyone who's bought a ticket have got season tickets or valley gold or both it's first come first serve we're all Charlton fans, if your that botherd in future invest in valley gold to get the priority.