Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• edited November 2015
    Only just seen that Jfun yesterday had a 50p Rule 4 applied thieving g basterds would of increased my bet by another 1200, time to argue with 365 I think, Bob what's your email address?
  • smiffyboy said:

Only just seen that Jfun yesterday had a 50p Rule 4 applied thieving g basterds would of increased my bet by another 1200, time to argue with 365 I think, Bob what's your email address?

ha ha - that's confidential!!

Tattersall's (note not bet365's) Rule 4 (c) - the withdrawn horse must have been odds on (just) for a 50p deduction. You can't expect the price you took to stand!!
  • I know the reason for it and why they've implemented it and haven't got a leg to stand on I was only joking
  • bobmunro said:

Good stuff Bob some people take a very dim or laughable view whenever i get asked what i do for a living.

It's tough to make it pay, KK, so very well done to you.

My comment was a tad tongue in cheek - I do indeed make my living from gambling, being a director at bet365!!
    Well there's a few things we have in common. I worked for a decade for Betfair in horseracing before "retiring". My son trades for a living, 90% on cricket on Betfair as he has had his accounts closed by almost all bookmakers including Bet365 and my wife is Head of Recruitment, Training and Development at the Civil Aviation Authority - a line of work that, if I'm not wrong, you might know a bit about too!
    I've been in the game for 34 years - too late to change now!!

Yes I know a bit about HR stuff - more than I do about tipping horses that's for sure!!
  • smiffyboy said:

I know the reason for it and why they've implemented it and haven't got a leg to stand on I was only joking

I know you was joking :)
  • Fuck it I'll back them least I finally get a winner
  • Emirates comfort a shocking run blinkers did not have an effect the horse looks like it's gone backwards
  • Keel Haul EW @ 25/1 for me

12/1 now. Bob's told his traders ;-)
  • If you cash out you are placing two bets so whats the point of the bet in the first place as you cant be convinced your bet will come up and you wouldnt win in the long run by cashing out everytime.

But if you cash out 840 and stick £500 of it back on the same horse at 9/4 you win £1625 if it wins and if it doesn't you have a nice £340 in your account as opposed to nothing.
  • Well played AA
  • Sponsored links:

• Nicholas said:

If you cash out you are placing two bets so whats the point of the bet in the first place as you cant be convinced your bet will come up and you wouldnt win in the long run by cashing out everytime.

But if you cash out 840 and stick £500 of it back on the same horse at 9/4 you win £1625 if it wins and if it doesn't you have a nice £340 in your account as opposed to nothing.
    Depends what it's current price was not the early price?

If it had been backed into 6/4 the offer would have been lower?

• Oh I know that, but he was still around 2/1 - 9/4 cos I actually backed that horse myself about 25 mins before the off.
  • Nicholas said:

Well played AA

Thanks Nichoals. I was a bit concerned about the ground not being testing enough but just hoped that they would go hard enough and that the hill would help him - which it did.
  • Fuck 2nd and 3rd think I ought to start going ew I've had so many places this week.
  • Keel Haul EW @ 25/1 for me

Great tipping AA.

Keel Haul EW @ 25/1 for me

Great tipping AA.

Thanks, next time I see you I'll lend you my luck pin ;-:
  • Don't worry I'll be backing Birmingham for our next game
  • smiffyboy said:

Cheers lads was nearly 2 excellent days on the bounce but can't complain

smiffyboy said:

sralan said:

Clowance One...18.10 Kempton

Well done won well but the debutant horse emirates comfort was the one to take out the race
    Running tonight at Chelmsford 20.25
    Running today at Linfield 12:55. Two starts, third and then second, today just might be a winner.
    I've backed him today to go one better.

Another big gamble today in the 3:25 Cheltenham A Hares Breathe been backed from 20/1 into 5's not run for 695 days and the roumor is the trainer has not got anything to compare him with in his stable and has been taking him to hendersons yard to go against some of he's, personally I'm not sure about it.

Gamble landed
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

sralan said:

Well done won well but the debutant horse emirates comfort was the one to take out the race
    Running today at Linfield 12:55. Two starts, third and then second, today just might be a winner.

Another big gamble today in the 3:25 Cheltenham A Hares Breathe been backed from 20/1 into 5's not run for 695 days and the roumor is the trainer has not got anything to compare him with in his stable and has been taking him to hendersons yard to go against some of he's, personally I'm not sure about it.

Gamble landed
  • Sponsored links:

• smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

sralan said:

Gamble landed
    Jesus Christ. Annoyed at myself for not getting involved.
  • smiffyboy said:

Cheers killer will do,

got a couple for today

4:10 Fakenham Postbridge unraced but very talented favourite has a bit of form but confident of her ability and will go close.

5:55 kempton Dougan, odds on favourite in race but Evans thinks he will beat it

Dougan won again at lingfield today 2:40
  • Hearing a few Whispersbout Mullins horse Renetti running in 2:40 Cheltenham Sunday, yard expecting him to go very close and shouldn't be anywhere near 16/1
  • Nina Carberry was top notch today.
  • Had both her winners today. How did she stay on Josies orders in the cross country and then get him back into contention with ease, then she dodged Sire Collonges jockey when the horse slipped on the bend. Prob the best ride I've ever seen. Must admit I do love the old cross country races at Cheltenham and Punchestown.
  • edited November 2015
    I was on Katy Walsh in the cross country, race who I thought was very naive at the last she had been squeezed a bit and jumped into the back of 3 horses instead of taking a pull. Lumping on Willie's at Punchestown tomorrow.
  • I might stick with Nina's ride she does love the cross country. On his Own is the class act of the field though
  • Noel Fehily should have a good day at Uttoxeter today plus I think Tom Scudamore and Paul Townend will have a good day at Cheltenham too
  • whens you one out mate is it Plumpton Monday ?
  • Kylemore Lough..... 1.40 Uttoxeter. Trainer confident, especially the more rain that falls.