Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• My Lingfield bets today with prices-

12:30 - Humour ew @11/1
    13:30 - Cambodia win @7/4
    14:30 - Dougan win @3/1
    15:00 - Burnt Cream ew @10/1
    15:30 - Chelwood Gate/Anastazia ew @9/1+ exacta

• Charltonparklane and to any others that are interested my all weather system is as follows,at the moment it is being proofed for 30 days which finished yesterday and the results were 31 selections and has been worked out at £10 win and in that 30 days it showed a profit of £206.75,it now is being proofed for another 60 days.
    It covers every all weather race and has to have all the following
    1 Must be a course winner
    2 Must of run within last 30 days
    3 Must of finished in the first three on last race
    4 If beaten in last race it must not of lost by more than two lengths
    5 Must of won before in the same class as today's race
    6 Finally must be ridden by the same jockey that rode it in his last race
    Let me know if you want me to keep posting selections or you want to work them out yourselves I'm happy either way and will plug my website when up and running hopefully within the next couple months.
  • Please keep posting Killer
  • Charltonparklane and to any others that are interested my all weather system is as follows,at the moment it is being proofed for 30 days which finished yesterday and the results were 31 selections and has been worked out at £10 win and in that 30 days it showed a profit of £206.75,it now is being proofed for another 60 days.
    Let me know if you want me to keep posting selections or you want to work them out yourselves I'm happy either way and will plug my website when up and running hopefully within the next couple months.

That is a phenomenal return mate. Please keep posting.

• CAFCsayer said:

Down at Lingfield today, what's everyone on?

Cambodia 1.30
    George Baker manages to lose on easily the best horse in the race. Dickhead!
  • Wot a wanker.
  • edited December 2015

Charltonparklane and to any others that are interested my all weather system is as follows,at the moment it is being proofed for 30 days which finished yesterday and the results were 31 selections and has been worked out at £10 win and in that 30 days it showed a profit of £206.75,it now is being proofed for another 60 days.

That's a stunning return KK.

It has some similarities (marginally!) to a system I developed about 30 years ago! I proofed it for a while but then got bored - it did however have a strike rate of 70+%.

1. Non-handicap (i.e. all carrying same weight but age allowances accepted).
    2. Must be favourite but not odds on.
    3. Professional jockey (no amateurs or claimers).
    4. Must be tipped by the majority of national tipsters (this was basically the panel of tipsters in the Sporting Life/Racing Post and covering all the national papers plus Man on the Spot etc...).
    5. Must have run but not won in the current season.

It only identified 3 or 4 runners a week on average - but 70% strike rate on Evens or better odds was very nice!!!
  • Dougan and Roy's Legacy doubles and singles turned what was a very bad day at the office into paying for my NYE... Had Chelwood Gate come in for the patent I would have booked a holiday tomorrow, gutting!
  • Still fuming about Bakers ride on Cambodia especially the way he rode the winner in the last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still fuming about Bakers ride on Cambodia especially the way he rode the winner in the last.

Still fuming about Bakers ride on Cambodia especially the way he rode the winner in the last.

I feel your pain, was in heavy on him. Way too complacent, should have kissed it
  • Pissed haha
  • Interesting system above bobmunro,does it still work? I'm thinking up different systems constantly and have been pleased with this all weather one so far and have always believed there is an angle to the all weather racing
  • edited December 2015

Interesting system above bobmunro,does it still work? I'm thinking up different systems constantly and have been pleased with this all weather one so far and have always believed there is an angle to the all weather racing

Crack on fella
  • Happy New Year to you all. Today's all weather system has thrown a few up in the same race!
    Southwell
    12.55 Excelling Oscar
    1.30 Sarabi
    3.15 Brassbound,Bushel and Masterful Act
  • Interesting system above bobmunro,does it still work? I'm thinking up different systems constantly and have been pleased with this all weather one so far and have always believed there is an angle to the all weather racing

Not sure if it still works - might be worth another proofing trial. No reason why it shouldn't!

There was no all-weather then (or just starting) but I can see there would be an edge based on the consistency of conditions.
  • 3.05 Cheltenham - Top Notch
    2.40 Southwell - Koothrappali
  • Just starting bobmunro was told just back American bred horses at Southwell? was there last week for my horse and only one went and won at 4/1!
  • Just starting bobmunro was told just back American bred horses at Southwell? was there last week for my horse and only one went and won at 4/1!

Interesting - certainly worth following.
  • Sponsored links:

• I see ITV have won the terrestrial tv rights off of channel 4 beginning next year.
  • Hopefully the return of the ITV 7 bet on a Saturday for all those that can remember it
  • All weather system,so far 39 selections at £10 win gives you a profit of £126.75
    Southwell
    12.15 Crosse Fire and Fuel Injection
    2.35 Grey Destiny
    Chelmsford
    1.40 Alshaqee
  • Hopefully the return of the ITV 7 bet on a Saturday for all those that can remember it

Ah, the days of John "Well, that's all from me" Rickman, hotly followed by Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks.......
    ....we were a simple people.
  • edited January 2016

Hopefully the return of the ITV 7 bet on a Saturday for all those that can remember it

Ah, the days of John "Well, that's all from me" Rickman, hotly followed by Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks.......
    ....we were a simple people.
    Very fond memories came flooding back there, Peanuts.

I was running betting shops in the early 80's and each used to take hundreds of ITV7s on a Saturday morning. Most had a red line through them after the first race and it was rare for any to survive after the third race. Board Markers in the shop, the Victoria Blower and Extel with their very interesting commentaries! Happy days!

In those days the shops used to take fortunes and 75% of the turnover was horse racing. Horse racing is not the popular betting sport that it was though, unfortunately, so it will be interesting to see if it gains similar popularity should it be resurrected.
  • I did get the ITV 7 up once and I believe it was 1982/83? But do remember the final leg was won by Little Bay 16/1 and ridden by Jonjo O'Neill my all time favourite jockey
  • This thread is like an oasis of civility...........................providing Killer's system's on song :smiley:
  • What a win by SOLL on the line on bottomless ground at Sandown in the veterans chase - gutsy runs by a number of them. Great stuff.
  • All weather system,so far 43 selections at £10win stake gives you a profit of £116.75
    Chelmsford
    3.30 Tatting
    Off to Plumpton today if any Charlton lifers are there?
    Alan Dugdale is facing a late fitness test to see if he can make today...................
  • All weather system,so far 43 selections at £10win stake gives you a profit of £116.75
    Chelmsford
    3.30 Tatting
    Off to Plumpton today if any Charlton lifers are there?
    Alan Dugdale is facing a late fitness test to see if he can make today...................

Lol. Unfortunately, I won't be going mate. Still struggling and probably back to the hospital this week.
    Good luck - think it'll be on the soft side of heavy down there today !