Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sport of Kings discussion thread

Comments

• Your all welcome enjoy
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

6:00 Dundalk Little Sweatheart
    7:00 Dundalk Ebadan

Great work yet again - you're a legend Smiffy!
  • All weather system
    All selections £10 win gives you a profit of £124.00
    All selections 5/1 or bigger £10 win gives you a profit of £160.21
    All selections 5/1 or bigger £5 each way gives you a profit of £104.37
    Lingfield
    2.20 Boomerang Bob
    Chelmsford
    2.10 Red Stripes
    2.45 Lamar
    3.20 Luv U Whatever
  • Off to lingfield again today .
  • All weather system
    All selections £10 win gives you a profit of £84.00
    All selections 5/1 or bigger gives you a profit of £150.21
    All selections 5/1 or bigger £5 each way gives you a profit of £94.37
    Kempton
    1.30 Ocean Legend
    3.10 King Olan
    4.10 Royal Normandy
  • All weather system (which is as depressing as Charlton at the moment)
    All selections at £10 win gives you a profit of £54.00
    All selections at 5/1 or bigger at £10 win gives you a profit of £130.21
    All selections at 5/1 or bigger at £5 each way gives you a profit of £74.37
    Wolverhampton
    2.00 Sewn Up
    3.30 Hold On Magnolia
  • All weather system
    All selections £10 win gives you a profit of £34.00
    All selections 5/1 or bigger £10 win gives you a profit of £120.21
    All selections 5/1 or bigger £5 each way gives you a profit of £74.37
    Southwell
    1.10 Boolass,Speightons Kid and Falcons Reign
    3.35 Cross Fire
  • Interesting piece in yesterday's 'Times' .. is the Mullins domination going to ruin Cheltenham ? .. with his billionaire owners and seemingly three class entries for all the big races, does The Times have a point ? ..
  • The best aspect of the Killultagh Vic race is that those who mop up all the prices on Betfair by being at the course dropped £50K.

Fastest finger doesn't always pay.

• Sponsored links:

• Interesting piece in yesterday's 'Times' .. is the Mullins domination going to ruin Cheltenham ? .. with his billionaire owners and seemingly three class entries for all the big races, does The Times have a point ? ..

I'm not sure. We want to see the very best horses running and winning and the fact they are all owned by a select few and trained by one or two top trainers is secondary to me.

I think it affects the betting ring more than the spectacle - bookmakers like competitive racing ;-)
  • edited January 2016
    bobmunro said:

Interesting piece in yesterday's 'Times' .. is the Mullins domination going to ruin Cheltenham ? .. with his billionaire owners and seemingly three class entries for all the big races, does The Times have a point ? ..

I'm not sure. We want to see the very best horses running and winning and the fact they are all owned by a select few and trained by one or two top trainers is secondary to me.

I think it affects the betting ring more than the spectacle - bookmakers like competitive racing ;-)
    Unfortunately I have to disagree. The Arabs, apart from the fact that the majority of horses running offer no stud value, have usually stayed away from National Hunt (the exceptions being Kribensis and Royal Gait- both owned by Shekh Mohammed) as much as anything out of respect for the sport. It is what used to make NH so different from the flat. You could win a Championship race at Cheltenham with a horse that cost £10K and not at least £100,000.

And the fact that these horses are trained by one handler makes a mockery of ante post markets because no one knows which of those animals is actually going to run in which race. Not quite as bad as Aidan O'Brien though as, when I was in charge of the Reduction Factor team at Betfair, he used to have two or even three horse entered in the big flat races - and wouldn't make his mind up which one(s) would run until he walked the course a couple of hours before the race! Mind you Gigginstown have regularly done the same and been fined accordingly - a derisory amount compared to the ultimate prize.

The other thing is that were say three horses owned by different owners they would take each other on and make those races more competitive.
  • One of my horses Dragoon Guard runs tonight,Kempton 6.40.Hated the surface at Southwell last time like many horses do but is running in a lower class tonight and proven on this surface so no excuses for a poor run tonight.Only negatives are we have only just bought this horse and its only his second race for us and was bought to go hurdling but has been a bit novicey over the hurdles at home at the moment but he is fit,working well and gas flat form so why not run on the flat until he is ready for the jumping game.
  • will have a dabble mate.
    Good Luck
  • No time to work all weather system out today as have a couple apps before racing but did notice last night when doing the figures my first negative figure has been reached in 71 days of the system.
    All selections £10 win gives you a loss of £6.00
    All selections 5/1 or bigger £10 win gives you a profit of £100.21
    All selections 5-1 or bigger at £5 each way gives you a profit of £71.37
    Certainly maybe worth thinking about only backing selections at 5/1 or bigger in the future?
  • Good luck Killer makes perfect sense
  • One of my horses Dragoon Guard runs tonight,Kempton 6.40.Hated the surface at Southwell last time like many horses do but is running in a lower class tonight and proven on this surface so no excuses for a poor run tonight.Only negatives are we have only just bought this horse and its only his second race for us and was bought to go hurdling but has been a bit novicey over the hurdles at home at the moment but he is fit,working well and gas flat form so why not run on the flat until he is ready for the jumping game.

9/1 now, what price you get KK

Has come in from 14/1

• CL money talking!
  • Sponsored links:

• I missed the early 20/1 and only got 14/1.
    Have been given two tips from the track
    5.40 Oakley Girl
    6 10 Elle Rebelle
    Dragoon now 10/1 on course
  • edited January 2016
    Oakley girl looks a winner but at odds on with a 9lb rise is a tough bet to place i think personally
  • 7:10 Kempton Blackthorn Stick 9/1 in with a real chance

• Unlucky killer travelled very well and then ran on after idling a bit will win a race off that weight deffo
  • smiffyboy said:

7:10 Kempton Blackthorn Stick 9/1 in with a real chance

Piss off second by half a length to a poxy 33/1 shot
  • Safety check will win the 4:45 Meydan tomorrow 10/11
  • smiffyboy said:

smiffyboy said:

7:10 Kempton Blackthorn Stick 9/1 in with a real chance

Piss off second by half a length to a poxy 33/1 shot
    Cheers Smiffy
    Great Info

Unlucky mate, will follow it
  • Jockey said he ran and travelled well and is a good horse but had no extra gears at the end but stays,which is great news a we bought him to be a 2 mile hurdler
  • All weather system,as I posted yesterday after 71 days the only selections that are making a profit are priced at 5/1 or bigger backing win (£10 win +£100.21) and each way (£5 each way +£71.37) all selections show a small loss of £6 at £10 win.All today's selections are currently under 5/1 and even though it's early days I myself am only going to back the selections at 5/1 or bigger.Hope this helps and good luck everyone.
    Southwell
    12.40 Fujin
    1.45 Carbutts Ridge and Kemsing
    3.30 Billy Bond
    Chelmsford
    7.10 Ohsosecret and Mambo Fever