Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options
    The kid got a great engine, 90 mins no problem.
    No sorry that James Watt !
  • Options
    Twatt is real , i saw him on the pitch at half time at Wigan yesterday.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    From the Mail article: Deila has since questioned the culture Watt grew up in and his commitment to making it at the top level.

Still can't stop laughing at that: the manager of a two bob club like Celtic, playing in the Sweatie equivalent of the Conference, questioning someone's commitment to make it at the top level! So, where does that leave you Ronny?!
  • Options
    Yes, distraction tactics from Delian who looks out of his depth...
  • Options
    I believe I have read that he is playing for the SL under 21's today
  • Options
    I wish I could be like Tony Watt
  • Options

For he is of pure and noble breed
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watt? Who is this fella?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    No. Who's on first base.
  • Options

FA fa fa fa fa fa fa faaa
  • Options
    What Watt?
  • Options

cafcfan said:

shirty5 said:
    From the Mail article: Deila has since questioned the culture Watt grew up in and his commitment to making it at the top level.

Still can't stop laughing at that: the manager of a two bob club like Celtic, playing in the Sweatie equivalent of the Conference, questioning someone's commitment to make it at the top level! So, where does that leave you Ronny?!

Really ! Can't argue with the comments regarding the player but Celtic being two bob is mightily out of wack.

Celtic had average attendances of 46,808 for the 2013/14 season greater than all Premier League clubs bar four.

I grant you that the Scottish Premier League is pretty poor but I'm not quite sure why that is a problem here. Where exactly would you like Celtic to be playing their league football ? It's the Scottish Premier League and last time I looked Glasgow was in Scotland.

Think you are letting your prejudices cloud clear thinking.

Nope. Slang. Two bob bit = shit. They are shit. With the support they get they should be cruising into the top competition in Europe: not failing dismally. Who is their best player now Samaras has left? Is it Kris Commons: harvested from Derby County a few years back - what did they pay for him £300k? Jeez, Crawley Town were shelling out that sort on money on a player when they were non-league. These days, according to reports, that would buy you Danny Welbeck on loan for about two weeks.

Who have they acquired this summer? One player (Craig Gordon) on a free and four loan players.

So, my point about their manager is valid surely? If he was keen on competing at the top level he's at the wrong club isn't he?

Where exactly I'd like Celtic to be playing is neither here nor there. But it seems from newspaper reports that Celtic itself would actually rather be in an English League.
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

shirty5 said:

Really ! Can't argue with the comments regarding the player but Celtic being two bob is mightily out of wack.

Celtic had average attendances of 46,808 for the 2013/14 season greater than all Premier League clubs bar four.

I grant you that the Scottish Premier League is pretty poor but I'm not quite sure why that is a problem here. Where exactly would you like Celtic to be playing their league football ? It's the Scottish Premier League and last time I looked Glasgow was in Scotland.

Nope. Slang. Two bob bit = shit. They are shit. With the support they get they should be cruising into the top competition in Europe: not failing dismally. Who is their best player now Samaras has left? Is it Kris Commons: harvested from Derby County a few years back - what did they pay for him £300k? Jeez, Crawley Town were shelling out that sort on money on a player when they were non-league. These days, according to reports, that would buy you Danny Welbeck on loan for about two weeks.

Who have they acquired this summer? One player (Craig Gordon) on a free and four loan players.

So, my point about their manager is valid surely? If he was keen on competing at the top level he's at the wrong club isn't he?

Where exactly I'd like Celtic to be playing is neither here nor there. But it seems from newspaper reports that Celtic itself would actually rather be in an English League.
    They've got to play *somewhere*

• Options
    Chizz said:

< blockquote class="Quote" rel="cafcfan">

cafcfan said:

shirty5 said:

They've got to play *somewhere*

You've just proved my point I think. As for their support and cruising at the top competition in Europe. Well Newcasle get more fans through the gate than Celtic and have the huge benefit of Sky money. £46 million last season.

Celtic get peanuts in Sky revenue and not a lot for winning the title. I'm sure someone can fill in my blanks.

Again I think your obvious prejudice of ? Is colouring your comments. It's not logical or that appealing.

• Options
    woosh
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Would make sense. We need a forward, preferably one who has played in Britain, Roland doesn't like spending money if he can help it = Tony Watt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Coq went back to the Arsenal early, why don't we see if we can get Yaya Sanogo ?

A 6ft 4in striker, 21 year old who could be a target man for Igor.
    No scoring record in prem but he could find it easier in the champ.
    Arsenal announced today they want to send him out on loan.
    Lets be pro-active on this.
    Chris Wood was my 1st choice months ago,
    The Jan Window is only weeks away, the season is going flat,
    Let's not be caught on the back foot.
    NINE IS THE MAGIC NUMBER.
  • Options
    Sounds like a potentially good call, would prefer him to Watt, who comes with a bit of personal baggage.
  • Options

As Coq went back to the Arsenal early, why don't we see if we can get Yaya Sanogo ?

Because we need a forward who can actually score goals. We have enough that can't find the net already.
  • Options
    Hmmmm..... I'm not sure about this guy. I think his possibility to disrupt the harmony of the squad (and I don't think our manager is the sort of guy who'll put up with any nonsense) outweighs the likelihood of him contributing anything decent.

Hope I'm wrong of course.
  • Options
    Would scoring the winning goal against millwall away put watt into Charlton history. I think so. Sign him up.
  • Options

Because we need a forward who can actually score goals. We have enough that can't find the net already.
    This is Catch 22

If anyone is already scoring goals in the prem or champ we won't get.( wages mainly)
    Sooner or later we will have to take a gamble on a striker who is either playing in
    a lower league in europe (again) or a non scoring striker in prem who we hope the
    step down in class will help them find the net in the champ.
    Or we wait till KAG is Ready .

This is CAFC situation.

• Options
    What about Joel Campbell also at Arsenal, had a good World Cup but just about gets on the bench for them.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

What about Joel Campbell also at Arsenal, had a good World Cup but just about gets on the bench for them.

The Joel Campbell that AC Milan want?
  • Options
    I do hope not, he is a rotten apple. What we need is a target man Centre Forward, somebody like Wood of Leicester.