Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options
    Id take Watt no question. We would also need another striker as we currently only have 1 and a bit in Igor and George.
  • Options
    markmc68 said:

Would scoring the winning goal against millwall away put watt into Charlton history. I think so. Sign him up.

Brilliant justification for signing a player.
  • Options
    'The SLP are also reporting that Michael Morrison's switch to Birmingham will be on a free transfer basis.'

I thought this would be the case for MM, bad business. Very bad business.... jury's out for T,Watt for me though... not too sure on him.
  • Options
    I'm 100% certain we will get someone but I no longer think it will be for top dollar because we have drifted too many places from the top six and we are basically out of touch with the top five.
    If Watt (and Ajdarevic) are doing very little at Liege then it makes sense for them to come across. I would like more / better but we will have to see. To me it makes sense to bring in the best you can - not just results but also regaining momentum and direction which has drifted these last couple of months.
  • Options
    I assumed we would get 300k or so for MM as still 20 months to go on contract.
    so other than giving a reserve player at present a chance to play regular champ football,
    the main issue for CAFC was to get his wages off the payroll ?
  • Options
    Get his wages off our books though... With the transfer embargos now being enforced as part of FFP, the days of silly transfers (Unless you've got Parachute Payments) have gone... No one can afford to waste money on one player now
  • Options

iaitch said:

What about Joel Campbell also at Arsenal, had a good World Cup but just about gets on the bench for them.

The Joel Campbell that AC Milan want?
    That's the one but if AC are after him I think we can rule that one out. He had a decent Champions league last year wi
  • Options
    th Olympiakos ( went missing somehwre).
  • Options

I'm 100% certain we will get someone but I no longer think it will be for top dollar because we have drifted too many places from the top six and we are basically out of touch with the top five.
    If Watt (and Ajdarevic) are doing very little at Liege then it makes sense for them to come across. I would like more / better but we will have to see. To me it makes sense to bring in the best you can - not just results but also regaining momentum and direction which has drifted these last couple of months.

There is a reason why they doing very little at Liege, they are no good, how many other players they do not want, are we going to get from them because RD does not want to waste their wages?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I assumed we would get 300k or so for MM as still 20 months to go on contract.
    so other than giving a reserve player at present a chance to play regular champ football,
    the main issue for CAFC was to get his wages off the payroll ?

What would those wages have been?

Free transfer as a "thank you" apparently
  • Options

Well he signed for Liege so no doubt he'll end up here at some point

Knew it!
  • Options
    Is he related to David Watts ?
  • Options
    "Watt"
    "Sir?"
    "Watt, sit"
  • Options
    edited December 2014

'The SLP are also reporting that Michael Morrison's switch to Birmingham will be on a free transfer basis.'

I thought this would be the case for MM, bad business. Very bad business....

If anyone else was prepared to pay anything for him, I'm fairly certain we'd receive a fee.

If no one is willing to pay anything, do we really want to paying out what I imagine are quite high wages for a player to sit on the bench getting more and more pissed off each week?

As I said on the MM thread, maybe, as a club, we should be a little more selfish here but is that really fair on MM who has always given 100% for us?
  • Options

Well he'd have to change his name of course. Bloody ridiculous!

Tonei Whaat - much more appropriate...
  • Options

Don't agree that we are out of touch. It was only two games ago that a win would have taken us a point behind sixth. In this league it is so close that a run at any point can propel you into the play offs.

• Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    edited December 2014

Don't agree that we are out of touch. It was only two games ago that a win would have taken us a point behind sixth. In this league it is so close that a run at any point can propel you into the play offs.

This, teams have come from much lower than our league position at the turn of the year to be in the promotion shake up come May.

Edit '2011/12 Despite a poor start, which saw them 23rd in the table at one point, Reading went on to win 17 of 23 games in the second half of the season, securing the Championship title and ensuring promotion back to the Premier League'.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

This, teams have come from much lower than our league position at the turn of the year to be in the promotion shake up come May.

Edit '2011/12 Despite a poor start, which saw them 23rd in the table at one point, Reading went on to win 17 of 23 games in the second half of the season, securing the Championship title and ensuring promotion back to the Premier League'.
    So what we actually want to read ........ "After a poor run which saw them 11th in the table at one point, Charlton went on to win 17 of 23 games in the second half of the season, securing the Championship title and ensuring promotion back to the Premier League."

Tucadean may score and pigs will fly.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Oggy Red said:

RedChaser said:

So what we actually want to read ........ "After a poor run which saw them 11th in the table at one point, Charlton went on to win 17 of 23 games in the second half of the season, securing the Championship title and ensuring promotion back to the Premier League."

Tucadean may score and pigs will fly.

Watt Oggster, Watt! Ever the eternal optimist. :-)
  • Options
    The new Andy delort thread.
    Come on lads and lasses we can beat it.
  • Options
    We need reinforcements up front and if we don't have the money for anyone and TW is available then I say lets get him in and have a look. It's not like Roland isn't already paying his wages. If he's not good enough then he won't get in the team. Will still leave us wanting in that case but if we don't have the money we make do.

In any case I feel sure we are looking elsewhere too
  • Options

We need reinforcements up front and if we don't have the money for anyone and TW is available then I say lets get him in and have a look. It's not like Roland isn't already paying his wages. If he's not good enough then he won't get in the team. Will still leave us wanting in that case but if we don't have the money we make do.

In any case I feel sure we are looking elsewhere too

Agree but only if he's up for it! Don't want someone like reza, who however good he may or may not be, doesn't want to be here...
  • Options
    Don't know the story as to Watt being a bad influence.

Seemed an odd buy by Standard (who scouts players for them?) but a UK player might feel more at home at an English club.

Just hope we spread our net wider than SL reserves.
  • Options

Don't know the story as to Watt being a bad influence.

Seemed an odd buy by Standard (who scouts players for them?) but a UK player might feel more at home at an English club.

Just hope we spread our net wider than SL reserves.

Bad attititude, apparently. As to the influence I suppose it depends on how much a team relies on him.

• Options
    Watt may be a decent player, may be a bad influence, but is not the forward who makes the ball stick up top and bring others into play as our play demands. Personally I'd go for a style that doesn't clear long but breaks quickly with short passing.We have that capability but not the desire.
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

His attitude is fine ... He is 6ft and quick and is only 20 years old
    Perhaps his performance are down to the fact he as not settled in Belguim and as asked to leave a few times and because if this been dumped into the reserve team .... So the right move for him and to feel wanted could have a good player on there hands

Managed him, have you?

Everybody else, here's a flavour of the baggage.

• Options
    This could go one of two ways, either he turns up and is the dead wood we've seen for the past few years. Or he realises the chance we are giving him in England and gets his attitude in line. He has the ability he just needs to use it.