Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt - (ed. page 16. Confirmed, 3 1/2 year deal)

Comments

• Options
    Sort of player Curbs or CP may have taken a gamble on ... Talented with something to prove .. In the Marcus Bent mould.
  • Options
    Not sure what Marcus Bent proved?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Proved thT gambles on players with something to prove don't always pay off and Curbs wasted £2million on a player who was potentially going to make a difference up front.
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Not a lot

But have I told you he had LOVELY eyes ?

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Kap10 said:

iaitch said:

Proved thT gambles on players with something to prove don't always pay off and Curbs wasted £2million on a player who was potentially going to make a difference up front.
    I agree with you Kap, but this example is based on the premise that Marcus Bent actually had talent...
  • Options
    More chance of getting tom watt.
  • Options

Kap10 said:

iaitch said:

I agree with you Kap, but this example is based on the premise that Marcus Bent actually had talent...
    I will bow to Curbs better knowledge than me on that :-)

• Options
    edited December 2014
    Not seen Watt play apart from "that" goal. Reputed to be quick but unlikely to be the hold up player we need. Looking at Belgian Pro league, apart from ageing de Camargo who is SL top scorer, best fit seems to be Laurent Depoitre 26, who gets one every 2.5 starts and is 6'3". Would take both him and TW. AA getting splinters so is he fit? Can't see past BPL for players.
  • Options

Not seen Watt play apart from "that" goal. Reputed to be quick but unlikely to be the hold up player we need. Looking at Belgian Pro league, apart from ageing de Camargo who is SL top scorer, best fit seems to be Laurent Depoitre 26, who gets one every 2.5 starts and is 6'3". Would take both him and TW. AA getting splinters so is he fit? Can't see past BPL for players.

I'd take watt and adjarevic bit I'm hoping there will be a third who is much like vetokele. In that he is from somewhere in Europe a relative unknown but clearly quality and we have to slash a bit of cash to get him.. although no too much cash..
  • Options

I'd take watt and adjarevic bit I'm hoping there will be a third who is much like vetokele. In that he is from somewhere in Europe a relative unknown but clearly quality and we have to slash a bit of cash to get him.. although no too much cash..
    Relax, it's not your money, Rolly is loaded. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Would not right him off just yet - only 20 could be a good move for him to come to Charlton - im sure Bob can sort him out.
  • Options
    I'd certainly welcome the signing of watt.
  • Options
    He could re-light our season
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Kap10 said:

iaitch said:

I will bow to Curbs better knowledge than me on that :-)

We all make the odd mistake. I know that Everton couldn't believe their luck, or take the £2m as quick as possible!!
  • Options
    Apparently he is training with us.
  • Options
    Belgian League has closed for Xmas now hasn't it so would make sense for him to be training with us now... If we are to sign him I hope we get him quick rather than see it drag out like with Reza last year
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Yes but with ffp still pretty tight for another year we can't spend over the odds.. and so we don't wanna blow it all on one guy as we might need to spend a little on a cb or others...

Also it's always satisfying to build a squad without over sprnding!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Only if he has electric pace and can keep the ohm fans happy.

Very good, that's got me right in the mood for the cracker jokes at Xmas lunch. ;-)
  • Options
    Heard he's got power
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

Not sure it's the same guy, but I heard he has a good engine although is prone to running out of steam...
  • Options
    Come on this thread for info and all you get is puns...

• Options

Oggy Red said:

Not sure it's the same guy, but I heard he has a good engine although is prone to running out of steam...
    shoe horned a train pun in, nice one.

• Options
    Addicted said:

Come on this thread for info and all you get is puns...

Not many puns ...... and not much info either.

;o)
  • Options
    Surprised no ones yet posted the u wot mate giff...
  • Options
    that's a positive from the SL connection. We can get him in early, train with us, and then sign him as soon as the window opens. My only concern is does he want to be here or is it a case of Roly saying 'it's Charlton or nowhere'. My guess is that he'll see joining a Championship side as a positive, the standard is better than the SPL and he'll buy into the plan of getting us into the EPL in a couple of years.
  • Options
    edited December 2014

RedChaser said:

Yes but with ffp still pretty tight for another year we can't spend over the odds.. and so we don't wanna blow it all on one guy as we might need to spend a little on a cb or others...

Also it's always satisfying to build a squad without over sprnding!
    That was a bit tongue in cheek because I don't ever see Rolly throwing his money around willy nilly, Igor being the exception. From what we know about him so far he buys em young with potential and a view to developing them before selling on for profit.

Most of the young loans to us from the network have not been a rip roaring success thus far (Thuram, Nego, Pete, and jury still out on Bullot and George) but time will tell. Let's see if Watt signs, he can redress that imbalance, I sincerely hope he does.

Keep those seat belts fastened for the ''bumpy ride ahead'.
  • Options
    is he legible to play for the Under-21s tonight at Brighton as a 'trialist'?