Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

FIFA 15

A new trailer came out for FIFA 15 yesterday.

All 20 Premier League grounds are on the new game. I'm quite gutted that we aren't in the Premier League as we would have been able to see The Valley in its full digital glory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd8wMiprxKM

Comments

• Selhurst Park instead is in it full Gory!
  • Only interested in the gameplay & the match graphics.

The stadiums might be a nice touch, but you only really see them at the beginning............
  • Yeah I was about to say that - to see the stadiums properly during the game you have to change the camera angle to allow for it. That's why every game feels the same, home or away.

Ideally you'd have a camera angle similar to that used in real life, but of course, that f***s with your head when trying to play normally. However, I do like getting my players to celebrate in front of their own fans, and winning away at The Meccano Set Selhurst Park will be a bit sweeter for it.
  • some great new stuff they have added to the gameplay as well, including extra responses such as if a player misses a open goal they show you the players face, plus they have added pushing each other if a foul is really bad.

lets just hope they have finally sorted the referee out so he is not one sided in the computers favour every match

It isn't one sided. It's just that the CPU doesn't make the same mistakes as we do.

Ultaimtely none of that impresses me. When they figure out how to make attacking players go for the ball in a goalmouth scramble, rather than run back to the halfway line, or improve the player positioning for cut backs, or at least make the goalkeepers remotely realistic, then I'd be impressed. Sadly, annual iterations of a game that sells billions regardless of quality, means that EA will never push the envelope for what is possible.

The project lead on FIFA said "we don't need Xbox One yet, we haven't pushed the current gen to the limit" was a damning indictment of how EA approach the game. To have not reached the limits of a console's capabilities in just shy of 10 years of trying is pathetic.
  • Same shite, different box, been like that since Fifa 10 more or less. I've stopped buying it now.
  • PES is better
  • JiMMy 85 said:

some great new stuff they have added to the gameplay as well, including extra responses such as if a player misses a open goal they show you the players face, plus they have added pushing each other if a foul is really bad.

lets just hope they have finally sorted the referee out so he is not one sided in the computers favour every match

It isn't one sided. It's just that the CPU doesn't make the same mistakes as we do.

Ultaimtely none of that impresses me. When they figure out how to make attacking players go for the ball in a goalmouth scramble, rather than run back to the halfway line, or improve the player positioning for cut backs, or at least make the goalkeepers remotely realistic, then I'd be impressed. Sadly, annual iterations of a game that sells billions regardless of quality, means that EA will never push the envelope for what is possible.

The project lead on FIFA said "we don't need Xbox One yet, we haven't pushed the current gen to the limit" was a damning indictment of how EA approach the game. To have not reached the limits of a console's capabilities in just shy of 10 years of trying is pathetic.
    Disagree entirely, you are very lucky if you get a free kick, they almost have to break your players leg for it to be given, but if u even touch them the get a foul, computer probably gets 1 booking every 10 games if that, I love FIFA but it is the one complaint I have and its been in everyone to date, surely its not hard to fix that problem
  • edited August 2014
    JiMMy 85 said:

some great new stuff they have added to the gameplay as well, including extra responses such as if a player misses a open goal they show you the players face, plus they have added pushing each other if a foul is really bad.

Granted they have a successful product irrespective as to what they do to it but they need to have a polished product to ship every year.

The cost of outgrowing the hardware in two years would be immense in terms of research and design. They also risk alienating customers if the game is so different from one year to the next as they might not like it or be able to just switch it on and play.
  • Sponsored links:

• JiMMy 85 said:

Granted they have a successful product irrespective as to what they do to it but they need to have a polished product to ship every year.

The cost of outgrowing the hardware in two years would be immense in terms of research and design. They also risk alienating customers if the game is so different from one year to the next as they might not like it or be able to just switch it on and play.
    They really don't risk alienating customers though do they? Especially when you consider that the only opposition to them is PES which has really gone downhill in recent years.

The fact is if people want to play a football game then Fifa is the only real option out there, it'll get brought no matter how good, bad or different it is.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

If I quit any kind of mode (kick off, career, online seasons) the game crashes. Every time. Is that really polished?! FIFA is the most bug-filled game of all. Year after year. It's the biggest selling franchise in the history of gaming, and has made more money than most Hollywood studios expect to make from their releases. Yet I can't exit a game mode without reloading the entire game. Polished my ass! So to speak.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

Disagree entirely, you are very lucky if you get a free kick, they almost have to break your players leg for it to be given, but if u even touch them the get a foul, computer probably gets 1 booking every 10 games if that, I love FIFA but it is the one complaint I have and its been in everyone to date, surely its not hard to fix that problem
    That's not referee bias, that's the CPU not fouling you. I would wager that the ratio of free kicks given to free kicks that should have been given is similar both ways, it's just that the CPU is not nuanced enough to give away the realistic/ requisite number of free kicks per game. Either it is beyond EA's capabilities, or perhaps their interest. I agree with you, it is silly and frustrating, but I don't agree that refs are designed to be biased. I have had plenty of penalties I didn't thikn I deserved over the seasons. But far fewer free kicks.
  • JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's not referee bias, that's the CPU not fouling you. I would wager that the ratio of free kicks given to free kicks that should have been given is similar both ways, it's just that the CPU is not nuanced enough to give away the realistic/ requisite number of free kicks per game. Either it is beyond EA's capabilities, or perhaps their interest. I agree with you, it is silly and frustrating, but I don't agree that refs are designed to be biased. I have had plenty of penalties I didn't thikn I deserved over the seasons. But far fewer free kicks.
    no you look online loads of people say the same thing, the computer gets away with a lot more than you do
  • edited August 2014

DeeBee said:

JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

no you look online loads of people say the same thing, the computer gets away with a lot more than you do
    I'd wager you're not very good at FIFA Paulie
    you on PS3 if so take me on then see if you are still saying that
    LOL for fuck saaaake.
  • You guys really need to play Fifa on a PS4. It's like 5x better
  • DeeBee said:

JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

What's your add ?
  • Sponsored links:

• DeeBee said:

JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Xbox 360 sadly. I would of loved that

True. I didn't enjoy Fifa on ps3 but it's such a step up on ps4. Best football game since the old pro evos.

True. I didn't enjoy Fifa on ps3 but it's such a step up on ps4. Best football game since the old pro evos.
    Still playing on ps3, how would you guys describe fifa on ps4 compared to ps3? Other than better graphics?
  • Its all about new star soccer
  • sasquatch said:

You guys really need to play Fifa on a PS4. It's like 5x better

Still playing on ps3, how would you guys describe fifa on ps4 compared to ps3? Other than better graphics?
    Gameplay has been overhauled, much more realistic.
  • Goal line technology in next year
  • I always wish they had better commentary.
  • I hope one day you'll be able to sub on the fly
  • Any wind on it this year?
  • edited August 2014

Any wind on it this year?

Yeh had quite a bit of this year. Seems to be getting worse (the smell that is).