Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FIFA 15

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2014

bobcafc7 said:

Fastest players on the game
    top 10 seems very weird so many players whose rating in the 60s but pace in the 90s
    http://purelyfootball.com/2013/09/14/fastest-players-fifa-15-revealed-2/

Srange comment , so you have to be a good player to be fast then ?
    No just saying you don't expect it
    Ladies and Gentlemen I give you Izale McLeod!

Just because the very top players have pace doesn't mean that players with pace are top players.

I suspect, Paulie, that you are in a very small minority to assume that because someone can run fast that are a talented footballer. Years ago the Football League ran a competition for the players to run 100 meters. The teams had races at their clubs and they selected the fastest player to represent them. It was interesting to note that most of the players that went forward were not first team regulars. Now, maybe that was done on purpose, but I suspect that there a lot of footballers in the game who are kept on because their managers believe that 'with that pace' they must be able to bring something to the game.

Invariably it is not true. I remember seeing plenty of players at Charlton over the years that could get away from the defender and then struggled to keep the ball under the roof of the stand.
  • Options
    To be considered fast you also have to be able to not fall over though.
  • Options

bobcafc7 said:

top 10 seems very weird so many players whose rating in the 60s but pace in the 90s

Just because the very top players have pace doesn't mean that players with pace are top players.

I suspect, Paulie, that you are in a very small minority to assume that because someone can run fast that are a talented footballer. Years ago the Football League ran a competition for the players to run 100 meters. The teams had races at their clubs and they selected the fastest player to represent them. It was interesting to note that most of the players that went forward were not first team regulars. Now, maybe that was done on purpose, but I suspect that there a lot of footballers in the game who are kept on because their managers believe that 'with that pace' they must be able to bring something to the game.

Invariably it is not true. I remember seeing plenty of players at Charlton over the years that could get away from the defender and then struggled to keep the ball under the roof of the stand.
    Once again my exact words and you posted your comment in response to this, so thought you would have read it properly,

I never once said because they are fast they have to be good, I just said they it is strange that the fastest are not really players you would expect other than Bale and Walcott
  • Options
    Know what Paulie is trying to say... Take Theo Walcott for example, he is undoubtedly fast (Like Gabby Agbonlahor) yet if wasnt fast then I wouldnt put either above League One level as they dont have a Footballers brain, especially Walcott as put him down the wing and bar his pace his deliver is as about as reliable as Royal Mail
  • Options
    Really, I actually expect it more in the lower leagues, players who are a bit shit but very athletic. Lets be honest if you have a right foot like Pirlo you won't be in the lower leagues, so you need other attributes, such as pace, to make up for it
  • Options
    On fifa 14 speed trumps everything. I play wingers at full backs cos their recovery pace gives you a very good chance of stopping a one on one. The only draw back is being rubbish at defending far post headers. Up front, if fast enough, a bad finisher can get into a good enough shooting position to score anyway. It's a shame, but speed really does make a player on fifa.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

On fifa 14 speed trumps everything. I play wingers at full backs cos their recovery pace gives you a very good chance of stopping a one on one. The only draw back is being rubbish at defending far post headers. Up front, if fast enough, a bad finisher can get into a good enough shooting position to score anyway. It's a shame, but speed really does make a player on fifa.

Absolutely right, a team on fifa 14 with a back four of Walker Chiriches Mangala Clichy is way better than a back four of Zabaleta Mertesacker Vidic Evra, which makes no sense in my mind.

On a side note, the Web app comes out soon, I can't wait for all my friends to be picking up Suarez and Messi in packs straight away whilst I'm gifted a mini bronze pack or 250 measly coins
  • Options
    edited September 2014

bobcafc7 said:

Once again my exact words and you posted your comment in response to this, so thought you would have read it properly,

I never once said because they are fast they have to be good, I just said they it is strange that the fastest are not really players you would expect other than Bale and Walcott
    If I misread your post then I apoligise but I thought this:

"top 10 seems very weird so many players whose rating in the 60s but pace in the 90s"

suggested that you thought it weird that players with a rating in the 60s had pace in the 90s.

To be honest it doesn't help that you failed to use any punctuation at all, which often helps to make sense of a statement. However, as I say, if I misunderstood what you meant (even if it's not what you wrote) then I apologise.

FYI, I'm struggling to understand the statement in bold above as well, to be honest, so if I've misunderstood that, too, then my reply might not make sense.
  • Options

Not really, there's always been tons of bad players with high pace on fifa, just like there's a load of great skill move players that are pretty much unheard of/bad.
  • Options
    The skilful players are ok for beating one man, but if I've selected a player at distance and got him running at full pelt, all the skills in the world won't save you from the standing tackle coming your way.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rommendhal was faster than Henry....
  • Options
    Enjoying the demo...
  • Options
    Me too.

Presentation on the City v Liverpool intro game is sensational. Some of the deeper angle shots on the cut scenes are unbelievably realistic. I had to double tcake on a couple of replays because it looked like a real game of football...movement has massively moved on, to coin a phrase.

Has anyone else noticed how that demo title game has been programmed for CPU tactics to a level not seen before?

I played that intro title clash demo 4-5 times and every City corner is short and all their goals are players like Silva and Navas tricking in along the by-line and finishes inside 6 yr box. Maybe it's my defending but it's very realistic and looks like a whole new (much enlarged) way of coding CPU styles of play to make the game reflect how it was between the two sides last April.

Has anyone else noticed this? Seems like that particular game is prompted by the game engine to a more complex level...nice possibilities for the full game

Keepers have been totally refreshed and none of my shots go in when he keeper is set. Dovetails nicely with them getting done much more often when out of position with deflections and knock downs on the edge....

Impressed by the changes
  • Options
    I'm getting a ps4 before the release of fifa 15, and I was wondering if anyone could say how fifa 14 has felt on ps4 compared to ps3?

I'm quite excited to make the jump from fifa 14 on ps3 - to fifa 15 on ps4, especially since the demo seems very nice to me
  • Options
    Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB
  • Options

Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB

Huh , in 14 they had there real positions ?
  • Options
    edited September 2014
    sasquatch said:

I'm getting a ps4 before the release of fifa 15, and I was wondering if anyone could say how fifa 14 has felt on ps4 compared to ps3?

I'm quite excited to make the jump from fifa 14 on ps3 - to fifa 15 on ps4, especially since the demo seems very nice to me

Lots of views on this thread, mainly the speed of the game.

Yeh do that... Save yourself the moolah and jump across on the release. No point in playing 14 for 14 odd days. Get practising your skills on the PS4 demo.

Also, check out the free games on offer with PSN plus. .. DCUO blew me away for a free game. IMO, avoid buying ps4 games that have been written for the ps3 and are just a port (I would have made fifa the exception to the rule but only 2 weeks to go to 15).

At least another 2-3 years of game dev before this particular platform plateaus as fully stretched to what is possible with the hardware.

Console is superb, just 4 versions to cover 25 years at least, this in an age of 1 version per 2/3 years for most comparables (Xbox versions don't count because its just a moody offspin of what Sony are up to ;))
  • Options
    bobcafc7 said:

Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB

Huh , in 14 they had there real positions ?
    It says on that site that positions aren't updated yet
  • Options

Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB

Where have you seen this? Would be weird seeing as Vetokele got a Charlton ST card on 14 and Cousins got an upgrade converted to CM..

Anyone else hammer out career mode? Charlton will be brilliant this year for career mode. Better silver players all over the squad now and probably a bigger budget than last year.
  • Options
    The demo is so glitchy it's beyond a joke.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB

Where have you seen this? Would be weird seeing as Vetokele got a Charlton ST card on 14 and Cousins got an upgrade converted to CM..

Anyone else hammer out career mode? Charlton will be brilliant this year for career mode. Better silver players all over the squad now and probably a bigger budget than last year.
    Didn't use charlton on 14 as we were pants, made a Charlton XI on ultimate team though and it is great, Vetokele, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Henderson, Ben Haim, Moussa and Bulot are all upgrades on our original team and they have silver cards, hopefully some of them will keep that though fifa have a tendency to downgrade players in our squad
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB

Didn't use charlton on 14 as we were pants, made a Charlton XI on ultimate team though and it is great, Vetokele, Gudmundsson, Buyens, Henderson, Ben Haim, Moussa and Bulot are all upgrades on our original team and they have silver cards, hopefully some of them will keep that though fifa have a tendency to downgrade players in our squad
    I was thinking they may downgrade certain players, hopefully not. Could imagine them taking Henderson down as he is not West Ham anymore and didn't play much.
  • Options

Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB

Maybe it's been faked but this picture is going round on twitter.....
  • Options

Vetokele - RW
    Cousins - RB

Maybe it's been faked but this picture is going round on twitter.....
    Think Church has made that chart up! How has he a better rating than Cousins?!?
  • Options
    And we'd have no goalkeepers according to that chart, must be bollocks.

Also Bikey is not 11 points faster than Wiggins, and nor is his shooting ability higher than Wilsons
  • Options
    Futhead have already said it may not all be correct, I mean they still have Hernandez and Kagawa at Manure and Torres at Chelski in that same database
  • Options
    I can't see that being correct, Moussa for a start has gone down a rating and he had a good season. Then again EA are known for being clueless on the player ratings.

• Options
    sam3110 said:

Futhead have already said it may not all be correct, I mean they still have Hernandez and Kagawa at Manure and Torres at Chelski in that same database
    Didn't know that. Just saw it on twitter and thought I'd share