Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SouthEastern this Morning

Comments

• Options
    See the 6:07 falconwood has been reinstated now. :)
  • Options
    They are absolutely all over the shop this morning. Nothing running from or through westcombe park. Had to walk to Charlton and then get a train going at the pace of Phil Chapple through Blackheath. It's that slow that as I went through Blackheath, I thought I could see my 16 year old self getting off the train the day we beat Sunderland in the play off final as I went to celebrate on the Heath.

Such a shit service
  • Options
    You lot want to move up here. Two weeks of Northern Rail and you would be absolutely fucking begging to go back to Southeastern
  • Options
    sat outside LB for about half an hour without moving this morning.

from Jan 2015 to Aug 2016 no Charing X trains will be stopping at LB either!!
  • Options

Those cannon st ones will be a vehicle of anger and despair as commuters already angry at high fares and lack of space get squeezed tighter.
  • Options
    At least my driver kindly announced we stuck at another signal and he then said sorry but he had no clue why! Made me laugh.
  • Options
    Sounds like I chose a good day to work from home.

Genuinely dreading the next few years
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

At least my driver kindly announced we stuck at another signal and he then said sorry but he had no clue why! Made me laugh.

At least you can hear the driver, our one mumbles his way through every announcement
  • Options
    SouthWest Trains has been crap all month - the last 3 months I have received at least a £40 refund when I renew my ST
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Those cannon st ones will be a vehicle of anger and despair as commuters already angry at high fares and lack of space get squeezed tighter.
    It's going to be absolute hell. There are already fewer Cannon St trains than there are Charing Cross and they all stop at every station (other than St Johns), compared to various fast and semi-fast options to Charing Cross. Now, every bastard that wants to go to London Bridge who was previously on a Charing Cross train will be on the already massively overcrowded Cannon St trains. 18 months of not getting a seat and being rammed in like cattle, accompanied by a suitably inflation-busting fare increase. Can't fucking wait!!

• Options
    i've now started using the service only upto Woolwich and then get on the DLR, seems i got away with it this morning, but SE are a shambles. how they are still in business befuddles me!
  • Options
    They don't have ticket barriers at Westcombe Park do they?
  • Options
    But you dont tap in the oyster, you queue at a tube barrier with someone manning it and say Southeastern issues and they should let you through without tapping in and out. Thats what they are saying anyway. Going to be a right pain tho.
  • Options
    oh sorry, do you have a Gold Card or do you use your oyster to travel?
  • Options

i've now started using the service only upto Woolwich and then get on the DLR, seems i got away with it this morning, but SE are a shambles. how they are still in business befuddles me!

Because we (rail commuters) are a captive audience who literally have no alternative other than to use their 'services'. If there was a viable alternative, they would have been snuffed out of business years ago. Ever-increasing squeezes on driving into London, coupled with people being pushed further and further out of London in search of affordable housing mean they (SouthEastern) and all their ilk are laughing all the way to the bank.
  • Options

They don't have ticket barriers at Westcombe Park do they?

No. I think Greenwich onwards on that line. Not sure about further out. I know Sidcup do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Because we (rail commuters) are a captive audience who literally have no alternative other than to use their 'services'. If there was a viable alternative, they would have been snuffed out of business years ago. Ever-increasing squeezes on driving into London, coupled with people being pushed further and further out of London in search of affordable housing mean they (SouthEastern) and all their ilk are laughing all the way to the bank.
    And the biggest piss take is if you find a decent priced 3/4 bed further out to try and start a family, what money you save you give it all back to South Eastern. They're colluding with the government. Build less homes, and those that you do build (in London anyway), keep at massively inflated prices. Gits
  • Options
    Maze Hill, Greenwich and Deptford dont. only ones that do are the london terminals Abbey wood on one side, Woolwich Arsenal and Dartford seems there are more barriers on the sidcup and bexleyheath lines
  • Options

Maze Hill, Greenwich and Deptford dont. only ones that do are the london terminals Abbey wood on one side, Woolwich Arsenal and Dartford seems there are more barriers on the sidcup and bexleyheath lines

There's very little room to fare dodge these days. Not that I'm advocating it. I remember the glory days of 2005/2006 when I was studying down in Guildford. Waterloo had no barriers, and Guildford had an unprotected back exit (ooooh matron)
  • Options
    Just checked the timetables for January 2015. To cope with the massive increase in passengers on the Cannon St trains and corresponding decrease on Charing Cross trains, Southeastern have...run all the morning peak Cannon St trains one minute earlier. No extra trains. No changing one or more Charing X into a Cannon St. Just make 'em a minute earlier.

That'll sort it!!
  • Options
    cabbles said:

There's very little room to fare dodge these days. Not that I'm advocating it. I remember the glory days of 2005/2006 when I was studying down in Guildford. Waterloo had no barriers, and Guildford had an unprotected back exit (ooooh matron)
    So does Charing Cross now.
  • Options
    I go downt to Guildford for work regularly and I have not seen the unprotected back exit, fat lot of good it does me as I need a ticket to get through to waterloo....
  • Options
    cabbles said:

And the biggest piss take is if you find a decent priced 3/4 bed further out to try and start a family, what money you save you give it all back to South Eastern. They're colluding with the government. Build less homes, and those that you do build (in London anyway), keep at massively inflated prices. Gits

You are bang on the money there. It's 5 grand a year or thereabouts for a fast annual ticket from chatham to St Pancras. There's the money saved on a cheaper mortgage on a family home within walking distance of the station (dirty part of Chatham) and renting would end up costing you more. Wankers
  • Options

I go downt to Guildford for work regularly and I have not seen the unprotected back exit, fat lot of good it does me as I need a ticket to get through to waterloo....

Over the other side. Used to be unprotected but now secure. Mind you that was back in 2005/2006. They might have changed it since
  • Options
    Don't forget to pass on your comments and complaints about South Eastern to https://twitter.com/claire4devizes. That's the Twitter Account for the outrageously corrupt/incompetent f***wit who's just given them another four year franchise: http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/sep/11/southeastern-new-four-year-rail-deal

Don't be distracted by the smiley face and the fact that she's probably good enough for a "Would Ya" thread, this bitch is evil personified!
  • Options
    Rizzo said:

Just checked the timetables for January 2015. To cope with the massive increase in passengers on the Cannon St trains and corresponding decrease on Charing Cross trains, Southeastern have...run all the morning peak Cannon St trains one minute earlier. No extra trains. No changing one or more Charing X into a Cannon St. Just make 'em a minute earlier.

That'll sort it!!

Haha - in the age of technology we live in, that's the best they can come up with