Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

SouthEastern this Morning

Comments

• Options
    kimbo said:

Did I miss how to get a refund?

It is really easy to do online and if you have an IPad you can do it whilst you wait for the train. That's what I do. May as well make them pay out.
  • Options
    A person has been struck by a train at Woolwich Dockyard according to a report on the New Shopper. So expect delays!
  • Options
    edited October 2014
    anybody living near an unmanned station outside zones 1-2, just pay for zones 1-2 travelcard. saved me thousands over the years!
  • Options
    banckzy said:

anybody living near an unmanned station outside zones 1-2, just pay for zones 1-2 travelcard. saved me thousands over the years!

Don't you need to touch your oyster card in and out though on one of the readers to avoid maximum fare?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

banckzy said:

Don't you need to touch your oyster card in and out though on one of the readers to avoid maximum fare?
    Not if it's a travel card. No need for an Oyster.
  • Options
    I think we should advertise the reclaim thing on CAFC website.

Money off all national rail tickets = More of our fans going to away games!!!

Win win
  • Options
    banckzy said:

And everybody wonders why they pay such high fares. You might have saved thousands, but cost others thousands too. If everybody did the same thing, the cost of a travelcard would increase more!
  • Options
    Delays getting to paddington from Devon as some selfish fuck jumped in front of a train.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

shine166 said:

Delays getting to paddington from Devon as some selfish fuck jumped in front of a train.

Glad to see Mental Health Awareness Day didn't pass you by the other day, otherwise you might have just voiced an ignorant, un-empathetic opinion.

Yer maybe. I have empathy for the poor person that has to pick up bits and hose body parts off the tack
  • Options
    shine166 said:

shine166 said:

Glad to see Mental Health Awareness Day didn't pass you by the other day, otherwise you might have just voiced an ignorant, un-empathetic opinion.

Yer maybe. I have empathy for the poor person that has to pick up bits and hose body parts off the tack
    I very much emphasise with those people as well of course, not a nice job.

But come on, imagine feeling so desperate that you think you have no other option and then having people like you sneering rather than wanting to help.

Discussion not for this thread though. Mental health awareness day at the Valley sadly seemed to go under your radar.
  • Options

shine166 said:

shine166 said:

I very much emphasise with those people as well of course, not a nice job.

But come on, imagine feeling so desperate that you think you have no other option and then having people like you sneering rather than wanting to help.

Discussion not for this thread though. Mental health awareness day at the Valley sadly seemed to go under your radar.

Well I live in Devon, so it very much passed me by yes. Am I sneering ? I can't imagine how those people feel, but I do like to think if I was in the same situation I wouldn't make it 1000s of other peoples problem.

Sadly one of my friends took his life earlier this year and it was down to another friend to find him. As heart broken I am that he's gone, I still see his last act as being selfish.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Anyway . I like it when all the trains are fcked and they tweet a happy story that somone has handed in some lost gloves to the station master at Yalding . Makes me change my opinion about that being useless cnts

Check this out, this is the official South Eastern Twitter page - https://twitter.com/Se_Railway

Looks like nobody's handed in any gloves today, as they've had to go with "Got a question about the #thameslinkprogramme or the redevelopment of #londonbridge? Why not check out our FAQs here http://bit.ly/1cwAg1r " to break up the endless, monotonous stream of Delay updates, Cancellation updates, We're effing useless and we don't care updates. Thieves, Liars, Morons, Tossers.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

banckzy said:

Ah tempting, but where I get off they often have ticket inspectors.
  • Options
    The company are a joke. 16.13 from Woolwich Arsenal to Sidcup showed as on time until 16.12 then all of a sudden it's 17 mins late. Get on and the destination is Slade Green and then Sidcup. Has changed 3 times in 5 mins. Now not stopping till London Bridge after Slade Green.....what is the point.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

banckzy said:

Ah tempting, but where I get off they often have ticket inspectors.
    On the way in is really they only time they can catch u out. As long as keep £10 on oyster as long as u tap in in London if there are inspectors U can just tap out and takes pre payment for that 1 journey.
  • Options
    cafckev said:

banckzy said:

And everybody wonders why they pay such high fares. You might have saved thousands, but cost others thousands too. If everybody did the same thing, the cost of a travelcard would increase more!
    Please? Do you really believe the bollocks you have written?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Also gotta be careful something like this doesn't happen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2603676/High-flying-fund-manager-spends-five-years-dodging-rail-fares-coughs-43-000-caught.html

I appreciate they provide a crap service, but don't try and take matters into your own hands. The only thing I can do is rip into them on Twitter to make me feel better. Even when I haven't personally been affected.
  • Options
    Ticket checked 3 times this morning on the 5.48 from Crayford. I can't believe the cheek of it.
  • Options
    I absolutely hate the service I get on the sidcup line and spend fortunes a year on a season ticket. However last night going home I watched on in horror as a young lad was given cpr on the opposite platform.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/toddler-suffers-cardiac-arrest-and-dies-in-front-of-commuters-at-london-bridge-9797445.html

Coming in on the sh1t service this morning it really put things into perspective.
  • Options

there was a gang of them at erith station the other day, which is already slow to get out of as it is, but they are on you like a beard of leeches. And if you have not got your ticket ready they become a pack of wolves and very hostile, the guy in front of me who got off the train right by the exit was literally pulling his oyster out and they were very rude and aggressive, i had mine in hand, but the guy was a rather old fella, give him a chance.

Southeastern are the biggest criminal gang in South London!

They were at Barnehurst the other day so i bought a return ticket in the morning, when i got off in the evening i casually walked down the platform pretending i was on the phone, so they thought i was a bunker. About 3 of them came up trying to talk to me, kept telling them 'shhh' as i was on the phone. Eventually i got off the fake phone call and presented my ticket, you could see the absolute gutted disappointment on their faces. I absolutely despise every member of Southeastern staff ive encountered, from the twats at Charing Cross that tut when they need to open the barriers for prams to the little wanky nazis that stand out in the rain checking peoples tickets. Scrotums the lot of them.
    Quality in giving them the impression that you were a possible target.....
  • Options
    cabbles said:

there was a gang of them at erith station the other day, which is already slow to get out of as it is, but they are on you like a beard of leeches. And if you have not got your ticket ready they become a pack of wolves and very hostile, the guy in front of me who got off the train right by the exit was literally pulling his oyster out and they were very rude and aggressive, i had mine in hand, but the guy was a rather old fella, give him a chance.

Southeastern are the biggest g criminal gang in South London!

They were at Barnehurst the other day so i bought a return ticket in the morning, when i got off in the evening i casually walked down the platform pretending i was on the phone, so they thought i was a bunker. About 3 of them came up trying to talk to me, kept telling them 'shhh' as i was on the phone. Eventually i got off the fake phone call and presented my ticket, you could see the absolute gutted disappointment on their faces. I absolutely despise every member of Southeastern staff ive encountered, from the twats at Charing Cross that tut when they need to open the barriers for prams to the little wanky nazis that stand out in the rain checking peoples tickets. Scrotums the lot of them.
    Quality in giving them the impression that you were a possible target.....
    I thought it was only me that did this. If I see them and I'm not in a hurry, I always pull this stunt then grin at their obvious disappointment.

Without wishing to get all Daily Mail about it, does anyone know if they're paid on commission-based targets?
  • Options

Southeastern are the biggest criminal gang in South London!

I need to do this, I might be like, oh I got an oyster....somewhere, delay it, wait for the bloke to wet his lips and get his pen and pad out, and be like, ahhh here it is......

I remember a few years ago when one tried to book me at charlton, I had a permit as the machine was not working and the ticket office was closed, he forced me off the train (I was going to greenwich) it took me 15 minutes to convince him i was telling the truth, he eventually phoned up the control room and they did indeed confirm the machine was out of service and I had the right to use my permit to pay at the end....he went along looking dejected.

• Options
    edited October 2014

Be an arsehole back. Be taken aside as though you've not got a ticket, watch them joyfully get their penalty fare booklet out, then see the smug smirk disappear as you get your ticket out and wave it in their confused and crestfallen face. Tossers, all of them.

Edit: beaten to it.