Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So how was the A block?

Comments

• Options

Didnt even realise they were there from my seat in F Block, East Stand. Think the Club have made a ricket here. Against teams that fill the away end we are going to lose loads of revenue because of the seats they can't use in the Jimmy Seed. Plus I'm sure added Police costs for games like Millwall. I wonder if they ran this past the Old Bill first.

Wolves, Leeds, Millwall. The old bill will advise the club to empty blocks a and b. Season ticket holders to move elsewhere when the Jimmy Seed is sold out and there are plenty of empty seats in other home areas.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Bit harsh lads. Everyone knows Giro day isn't until Monday. Once they get their benefits they'll be able to afford a few cans of special brew and they'll be as loud as f**k!!

A Block Army!!

I have sat in the Upper North , Lower North and now A Block and the people around me today were the nicest bunch I have sat with and I am proud to say " Ich bin ein A-blocker!"

Taking lectures about making a noise from anyone else in the East or West stands is a bit rich! You are all just jealous because we only paid £150 to watch the same game!

As for taking the piss out of the people in the cheap seats? ......................Descent working people with a bit of passion!

Enough already with the A block crap!

I was just kidding, we're all charlton at the end of the day.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Lawrie Wilson sat in the A block and made it COOL again!
  • Options
    A block used to be shite now it's alright
  • Options
    If the A block was a person it would be BIG BOB! Packed with passion and not scared to be called the "C" word!

That would make the north upper Katrien! Small but packs a big punch and has an ever lasting impression on the valley faithful!
  • Options
    Thank god I stuck with North Upper. Not only could you not hear A block today, but just think where you would prefer to be when a last minute winner goes in....A block or north upper. One winner for me, and feel slightly sorry for you lot over in A block
  • Options

Didnt even realise they were there from my seat in F Block, East Stand. Think the Club have made a ricket here. Against teams that fill the away end we are going to lose loads of revenue because of the seats they can't use in the Jimmy Seed. Plus I'm sure added Police costs for games like Millwall. I wonder if they ran this past the Old Bill first.

Why will they not be able to use seats in the Jimmy Seed?
  • Options
    They've been East Standardised
  • Options
    I worry about "A" block for the mid-week games - won't they all have to leave after 45 minutes to make sure they're home by bedtime?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    cafcfan said:

I worry about "A" block for the mid-week games - won't they all have to leave after 45 minutes to make sure they're home by bedtime?

They'll be fine this Tuesday, but once the school term starts it could be an issue.

I'd be more worried about all the a blockers on tag who have to be home by 9pm!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @IAgree‌ Banter (albeit sarcasm is the lowest form of wit) and jealousy whilst we have more to spend on the new match day experience, best ignore, I'm out of this debate. :-)
  • Options
    IAgree said:

cafcfan said:

Don't worry, they can't tell the time.
    Hilarious! Do you write your own material, or do you use a team of gag writers?

The initial scepticism about A block seemed to be linked to early caution about the new pricing policy. This has now morphed into a lazy attck upon fellow Charlton supporters with rather nasty undertones - EG We are poor, unintelligent and criminal.

That joke isn't funny anymore, not directed upon anyone, let alone fellow Chatlton devotees. I can only assume those writing these lazy, prejudiced, snipes get some sort of perverse satisfaction looking down on other people?

Viva A Block!
    Apologies, you're quite right and I have edited the post.

Was only intended to be a light comment and I do think the a block is a great initiative.

• Options

Looked pathetic, if I had a ticket there id be getting it changed back to covered end, luckily I don't

A final word before I go @GreenieJunior I thought you were one of the Red Division leaders that organised the A block invasion for the Huddersfield cup tie a couple of seasons ago, no?
  • Options
    For those sitting in A block, how many 'singers' do you think there were?
  • Options
    Good question Osama.Also B block singers?.
  • Options
    No idea on the amount of singers but there were a lot, some good banter too and everyone seemed really friendly. Guy sitting next to me (hi if you're on here) was there with his other half, getting her into football a bit more I guess, with both of them going for the price of his season ticket last year. I think it's a great initiative and hopefully it will be rocking on Tuesday!

We are the A Block,
    We are the A Block,
    We are the A Block,
    East Terrace!
  • Options
    edited August 2014

North stand is loud......if your Sat in the north srand!!!

Anywhere else in the ground and it's very average, even when it full, honest!!

This.

Sat in A block for the end of season Hartlepool game when 27,000 were in there. The atmosphere was disappointing to be honest. Been to a mid-week game against Barnsley and although gate was only 14,000 I sat in North Upper and it seemed loud.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very happy with my view and the people sitting around me all seem to be a decent bunch. Bargain :)
  • Options
    Enjoyed my first half there. Moved to the other end of the stand at the back in the more expensive seats second half. Will probably do that most games.
  • Options
    To all those posters slagging off A block (in jest I hope). In what stand was the spitting scrum bag sitting. £300 for a season ticket prooves you can't buy class. :)
  • Options
    At least the A block aren't pathetic enough to blame "acoustics" for the fact you can't hear them.
  • Options
    was a poor atmosphere all round yesterday. Think it will be better on Tuesday.

Really just need singers in the east and the west near the north to spread the noise down the ground. Maybe next season!
  • Options
    I sit in the Lower West and I could hear singing from A block.
  • Options
    More like betablockers than A block.