Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So how was the A block?

Comments

• What's happened to MSE7?

Banned.
  • Not banned.

Musical differences.
  • My Grandson and I moved from B block in the East to the North Upper because we were fed up with being so close to the away fans. We would never move back, and when we start to fill the Ground again we will benefit.
  • My first home match of the season and as expected, from NWQ admittedly as far away as you can get , couldn't hear a thing from the not as full as I thought it'd be A block....
  • People on here are acting as if the North Upper is a cauldron of atmosphere. The Valley has arguably the worst atmosphere in the Championship and the away fans probably can't even see you.

never been to Watford or Fulham then.
    Or the majority of other grounds in the country.

Brentford, Huddersfield and Brighton you could virtually hear a pin drop.
  • My first home match of the season and as expected, from NWQ admittedly as far away as you can get , couldn't hear a thing from the not as full as I thought it'd be A block....

As I believe the A block was a season ticket sell out, it definitely appears that either half of them didn't turn up yesterday, or as suspected just sat in more expensive seats nearer the half way line. I heard them singing once from the West Upper but as the already tiny block was half empty I'm not surprised they were quiet.
  • Bearing in mind the cameras, the club should have allocated the block in the West Stand.
    It would look far better to the outside world
  • Bar the top 5 /6 rows the block looked empty on saturday. After 5 home league games before saturday, people have now found empty seats towards the middle blocks i presume. Could always see this happening and makes a mockery of people in the other blocks paying more for their season tickets and in some cases up to 3 times more.
  • shirty5 said:

Bar the top 5 /6 rows the block looked empty on saturday. After 5 home league games before saturday, people have now found empty seats towards the middle blocks i presume. Could always see this happening and makes a mockery of people in the other blocks paying more for their season tickets and in some cases up to 3 times more.

Said that to my Brother it seemed very empty on Saturday, not sure if they all moved along and spread out around B and C or if they just aint turning up anymore
  • edited October 2014
    suspect that most are there and have worked out which seats are generally empty by now and just moved along, was always gonna be an impossible one to 'police'
  • Sponsored links:

• Must be the acoustics....

• Why people sit near the back when there are so man empty seats a bit further forward is anyones guess.

Closer for them to get a bovril 10 minutes before half time?
  • I was in there and would hardly say it's empty - in fact it seem to be busier up the back. Think the rain emptied the bottom few rows on Sat.

Thought the atmosphere was decent to start with esp against Derby but ever since they've started making people sit down its gone downhill.

Why people sit near the back when there are so man empty seats a bit further forward is anyones guess.

Only Charlton can have a cheap block near the away fans and turn it into a morgue.

View is better at the back and it was raining

It was a cheap block and it is near the away fans but I don't think is was conceived as a "singing" section. Some tried to claim that but others predicted, correctly, as it seems, that people would buy the cheap tickets and then migrate to other seats or swap at half time.

And the police have insisted on the JS seating nearest being blocked off.

Great for people who got a cheap ticket but IMHO a badly thought out idea that will be another problem to sort out in the summer.
  • if there was a way of doing it by still charging full price to the away fans then the north lower should have the 'cheap' blocks
  • I was in there and would hardly say it's empty - in fact it seem to be busier up the back. Think the rain emptied the bottom few rows on Sat.

Thought the atmosphere was decent to start with esp against Derby but ever since they've started making people sit down its gone downhill.

Why people sit near the back when there are so man empty seats a bit further forward is anyones guess.

Only Charlton can have a cheap block near the away fans and turn it into a morgue.

There's a walkway behind A & B blocks at the back of the East stand which is marked out for wheelchair users and their helpers who have easy access and there is also a disabled toilet nearby. These people have no option but to sit during the match!

As the wheelchair users were there long before the cheap seats offer came along, it is a case of everyone trying to get along together and respecting those that have limited viewing choices. Maybe the 'A' Block offer should have come with the caveat that standing would not be tolerated in that area, despite the relaxed approach taken in the North Upper and Jimmy Seed stands. Those that wanted to stand could then have chosen to stay in the North Upper.
  • edited October 2014

I was in there and would hardly say it's empty - in fact it seem to be busier up the back. Think the rain emptied the bottom few rows on Sat.

View is better at the back and it was raining

It was a cheap block and it is near the away fans but I don't think is was conceived as a "singing" section. Some tried to claim that but others predicted, correctly, as it seems, that people would buy the cheap tickets and then migrate to other seats or swap at half time.

And the police have insisted on the JS seating nearest being blocked off.

Great for people who got a cheap ticket but IMHO a badly thought out idea that will be another problem to sort out in the summer.
    Yep. I'm afraid :-

He ain't got a clue
    He ain't got a clue
    Ben Kensell
    He ain't got a clue.

Apologies to Ben Kensell & the Ben Kensell appreciation society members :-)
  • edited October 2014
    There are no disabled people behind us Red Chaser. Obviously I wouldn't think it was a problem if that was the case.

A lot of people seem to migrate up the very back (often at HT) and then sit down all game. They could move 5 rows forward (top of the 'lower' section) and still have more or less the same view.

The only game that will get it going in there is Millwall when they start abusing us and we might get a reactionary atnosphere.

Still it's a bargain so can't complain - just seems a wasted opportunity to improve the atmosphere.
  • shirty5 said:

Bar the top 5 /6 rows the block looked empty on saturday. After 5 home league games before saturday, people have now found empty seats towards the middle blocks i presume. Could always see this happening and makes a mockery of people in the other blocks paying more for their season tickets and in some cases up to 3 times more.

People just moved back or slightly into B Block because of the rain. Certainly was'nt empty! Nothing more sinister!

BTW The Upper and lower North look pretty patchy from where I was sitting and what sounds loud when you are sitting in those stands hardly registers in A Block.

• Sponsored links:

• Fiiiiiish said:

Closer for them to get a bovril 10 minutes before half time?
    It's a bloody long way up those stairs I can assure you! Needs some sort of wandering bovril seller or an escalator IMO.

Must be that season ticket strike starting to bite!
  • That's not the most conclusive picture tbf airman lol.
  • That's not the most conclusive picture tbf airman lol.

Just a few missing mid- way up. Most of that photo is B and C blocks

BTW why do you take photos of A block mid - way through the second half? A hobby?
  • edited October 2014
    IAgree said:

BTW why do you take photos of A block mid - way through the second half? A hobby?
    I sit in the east stand, so clearly I didn't take the picture. It was sent to me.
  • Me and the boy didn't even take our seats at the start of the game we are 5 rows from the front of the a block and there were puddles round our seats and the seats were soaked so we found some seats at the back of b block.so we only moved 1 block over but next game if it's raining just to piss the people off that are having a dig about cheap seats we might just have to sit in the expensive seats on the halfway line lol
  • IAgree said:

That's not the most conclusive picture tbf airman lol.

Just a few missing mid- way up. Most of that photo is B and C blocks
    No it's not. The Y of Valley is B block - the two narrow sections are both A block.
  • IAgree said:

I sit in the east stand, so clearly I didn't take the picture. It was sent to me.
    The plot thickens! Who was the mystery snapper in the West Stand...................?