Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

So how was the A block?

Comments

• edited October 2014
    It's also the Watford game! ( def not Wolves)

Is that really necessary? You seem to be quite keen on pointing out things the club do 'wrong'.
  • Good picture. Good intel, and why not??
  • edited October 2014

Good picture. Good intel, and why not??

But the discussion is about attendance against Birmingham and this was a picture of the game against Watford ( def not Wolves).
  • edited October 2014
    mrbligh said:

it's watford you boneheads

I knew that !

Watford......( not Wolves)
  • Still lots of empty seats, But I think people who didn't renew are picking and choosing the games they want to come along to.

Why do we need to have Gold and Silver games which can cost more when we still don't get that many more on the gate.
  • It's Watford and it wasn't raining.

A Block was full 1st game, as you would expect considering it's sold out.

Since then the numbers have dwindled, when the £150 S/T holders realised that CAFC were actually more stupid than they could ever have believed and they were in fact allowing you to pay £150 and then take a seat which costs double.

I think I'll plot up in the Directors box next week and see if anyone bats an eyelid :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• There are no disabled people behind us Red Chaser. Obviously I wouldn't think it was a problem if that was the case.

A lot of people seem to migrate up the very back (often at HT) and then sit down all game. They could move 5 rows forward (top of the 'lower' section) and still have more or less the same view.

The only game that will get it going in there is Millwall when they start abusing us and we might get a reactionary atnosphere.

Still it's a bargain so can't complain - just seems a wasted opportunity to improve the atmosphere.

Fair comment mate, I think the atmosphere is pretty good in there a bit like away days and I'm as guilty as the next person for standing from time to time. I think the club saw it more of an opportunity to fill empty seats in that part of the ground with new / lapsed S/T holders though rather than existing ones switching to create an atmosphere. As @HenryIrving said earlier it's probably going to result in a rethink in the summer but let's enjoy it while it lasts. :-)
  • Badger said:

Why do we need to have Gold and Silver games which can cost more when we still don't get that many more on the gate.

So we can charge the away fans more. And any Charlton fans who just want to come to the "big" games".
  • edited October 2014
    Seats in east block B are £15 (STs were £250) but it's almost empty in the pics. I don't know how typical that is. Sitting in the east you can can see that the take-up of this offer has been good in the upper west J&K, while the upper north has thinned out a bit this season.
  • edited October 2014
    The point is that comments were made about attendance against Birmingham and a photo was produced which was of another game.

Why is this such an issue anyway? Strangely enough when I go to football I watch the game rather than take snapshots of other stands attendance.

Amazed this is still an issue. Never sure why it was in the first place and continues to be!

Ps the mystery snapper needs to get a telephoto
  • And the atmosphere in the upper north is not as good.
  • IAgree said:

IAgree said:

BTW why do you take photos of A block mid - way through the second half? A hobby?
    I sit in the east stand, so clearly I didn't take the picture. It was sent to me.
    The plot thickens! Who was the mystery snapper in the West Stand...................?
    Yeah, I wonder. A mild mannered janitor perhaps? Someone with nothing better to do who then thought they'd send it to Kensell's fan club chairman? Perhaps someone asked to do it by the chief hack at a local fanzine?

The suspense......
  • edited October 2014
    No, it was unsolicited. Interesting to me, certainly, but not my idea. It did come from someone who knows Ben, though, which I don't.
  • The atmosphere wasn't as good in A block this Saturday as it has been.

Quite a few grumpy buggers in there who moan the whole match.
  • Tayls said:

The atmosphere wasn't as good in A block this Saturday as it has been.

Not surprising when they being pursued by the West Stand paparazzi the whole match!
  • IAgree said:

Tayls said:

The atmosphere wasn't as good in A block this Saturday as it has been.

Not surprising when they being pursued by the West Stand paparazzi the whole match!
    I certainly felt like Princess Diana.
  • Sponsored links:

I am almost in the centre of this pic, about 12 rows up the second strip of the A Block, a row of people, blonde woman on the left, guy in brown jacket, a girl in red top then me in a white t shirt and charlton cap, makes me feel famous being papped like this
  • I don't know why anyone would move from A to B block. Even though the tickets are more expensive and the view is marginally better. The atmosphere won't be as good. Fellow A blockers stay in your seats and sing your hearts out!
  • edited October 2014
    Tayls said:

I don't know why anyone would move from A to B block. Even though the tickets are more expensive and the view is marginally better. The atmosphere won't be as good. Fellow A blockers stay in your seats and sing your hearts out!

Unless your seat is covered in water
  • dancafc said:

Tayls said:

I don't know why anyone would move from A to B block. Even though the tickets are more expensive and the view is marginally better. The atmosphere won't be as good. Fellow A blockers stay in your seats and sing your hearts out!

Unless your seat is covered in water
    Or you would prefer to stand and don't obscure the view for anyone behind you.
  • Stick with it A Block lads, Rome wasn't built in a day. Start spreading the word keep trying to drag a few others to B Block. Couple of high profile games and you get heard from the North Upper, and you'll start picking more up
  • Maybe the photo can be used to give a comparison of how well attended those blocks were on a previous game. If people saying quite empty this week why not have a control/sample picture of earlier game to show if it's the norm.
    Some people just wanna dig out that person who posted the picture. If I or another bod on here posted that picture no one would bat an eyelid.
  • I noticed one thing on Saturday that Block H in the East Stand had more people in it, in the second half than the first half.
  • Personally the idea of these cheap season tickets is up there with the Crossbars debacle. No fault of the people who have purchased them. People are looking for bargains and they appear to have got one. The block is apparently sold out but it was evident on saturday that it was half full at best. I understand the argument 're the first few rows being wet (always take a hand towel) and people moving, but not the rest. The club have not thought this through and people have now carte Blanche to sit where they can find a better view/seat. Once again not the people's fault, if they can do that without being pulled up by a steward or club official.

Next season ticket prices will be interesting. How many of the £150 ticket holders will renew if they find their ticket has doubled or even trebled in price.

• shirty5 said:

(always take a hand towel)

I knew I had forgotten something these last few decades