Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

So how was the A block?

Comments

• Options
    IAgree said:

cafcfan said:

I worry about "A" block for the mid-week games - won't they all have to leave after 45 minutes to make sure they're home by bedtime?

Don't worry, they can't tell the time.
    Hilarious! Do you write your own material, or do you use a team of gag writers?

The initial scepticism about A block seemed to be linked to early caution about the new pricing policy. This has now morphed into a lazy attck upon fellow Charlton supporters with rather nasty undertones - EG We are poor, unintelligent and criminal.

That joke isn't funny anymore, not directed upon anyone, let alone fellow Chatlton devotees. I can only assume those writing these lazy, prejudiced, snipes get some sort of perverse satisfaction looking down on other people?

Viva A Block!
    I can assure you my comment was intended as a bit fun.

• Options
    £150 or the North Upper price. I know what I would rather. After all, we are all watching the same game!

If our north stand was like the Kop I'd understand the need to sit there. But it isn't.
  • Options
    I found it very strange at 1st watching the game from a different angle as I have only ever sat in the north stand but I think me and the boy have made a great call £150 to watch the mighty charlton (hopefully achieve promotion) bargain plus we haven't gotta stand up to see every time the ball goes near the goal so my boy can watch the whole game.
  • Options
    I've spent the last 2 seasons in the North Upper and have also opted for a move to A block this season. Sat in my allocated seat for 45 mins yesterday and at half time strolled along the east stand and for the second 45 watched us attack the other goal from G block. Enjoyed yesterday as much as any game last season and didn't have to endure any pissed 40-year old adolescent knob heads getting off on abusing their own players.
  • Options

North stand is loud......if your Sat in the north srand!!!

Anywhere else in the ground and it's very average, even when it full, honest!!

This.

Sat in A block for the end of season Hartlepool game when 27,000 were in there. The atmosphere was disappointing to be honest. Been to a mid-week game against Barnsley and although gate was only 14,000 I sat in North Upper and it seemed loud.
    27,000 in A Block !!!!!

Club definitely made loadsa dosh that day !

No wonder the players were treated to a trip to Vegas .
  • Options
    cheapest seats in the house , but they had the best view of Cousins goal ;)
  • Options
    People on here are acting as if the North Upper is a cauldron of atmosphere. The Valley has arguably the worst atmosphere in the Championship and the away fans probably can't even see you.
  • Options

People on here are acting as if the North Upper is a cauldron of atmosphere. The Valley has arguably the worst atmosphere in the Championship and the away fans probably can't even see you.

never been to Watford or Fulham then.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

never been to Watford or Fulham then.
    Or Brentford based on the opening game
  • Options
    If the whole of the North Upper migrated to the lower we'd have a good atmosphere (and the ground wouldn't look empty on the highlights).
    Please attend to this at your earliest convenience.
  • Options
    Surprised by how little of the north upper you can hear from the far end of the east stand. Not having a dig, just the sound doesn't carry fantastically well.
  • Options
    On Saturday you wouldnt have heard much of the North Upper from the North Upper let alone East Stand A block.

I sit bang in the middle of the East and if there are 1000+ away fans making a noise it sounds louder than anything from the other end.

Acoustics....

• Options
    Exactly Rothko and it's always been like that! people slagging Watford, Fulham etc don't you realise that our home end sounds exactly like that (dead) most games from the away end!
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Surprised by how little of the north upper you can hear from the far end of the east stand. Not having a dig, just the sound doesn't carry fantastically well.

Its been down to death but acoustically its a badly designed stand, a lower roof is the way to go, so all the sound goes out the front rather than up.
  • Options
    I was sat in B Block because of the new euphoria over the A Block, and thought they created a good atmosphere. Brilliant view of Cousins goal, I will sit closer to the A Block "singing " section next home game as did feel like I was singing on my own in parts!;)

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Anybody hear the 'A' Blockers tonight, I thought they did themselves proud. Great view from that end of the move, turn and strike for the first goal, the run from Tuc and subsequent penalty. Igor's finish didn't look too bad down the other end either :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Certainly turned the volume up a bit tonight...................
  • Options
    Did you hear the north tonight from the east?
  • Options
    For most people in the north upper I am guessing the only time they have used the word "acoustics" in their entire life is when they are berating the upper north "acoustics". You can't in one breath make excuses for why the north stand is so crap noise wise (got a lot worse this season because of a block) and then in the next make fun of the west or east stand.

So cheeky...

A bit like

"Ah I'm fat because of genetics but you're fat because you stuff your face with chips. You fat porker. "
  • Options
    I agree, A block were excellent last night. From the West Upper it was good to hear Charlton singing coming from both North and East... Great atmosphere (and fair play Derby too, their support was excellent too)
  • Options
    My first game in there tonight and it was the most I've enjoyed a home game in ages and not just because of the performance.

Loved it by the A Block - could stand where you want, good banter with Derby and a decent atmosphere.
    Plenty of faces in there who have been north stand regulars for years.

Good to see the Covered End upper well populated still and good noise from both.

The Valley has been crying out for another area that provides some noise. Most songs started in the Covered End were carried on down the A Block.

And all for £6.50 a game with a Cider and real ale tent out the back.

ThinkmI'm going to enjoy this season.
  • Options
    A Block sounded good from the West Upper (down by the away fans as the two cheap blocks nearest the NW quadrant were sold out by 7.40pm).

North Stand seemed a bit quiet for the first 20 mins but great support for the team after that. And West Upper got going nicely in the 2nd half too with a good few vocal types taking advantage of the £15 tickets!

• Options
    Afternoon.
    Hoping to get to The Valley on Saturday, wondering if I should venture into the East Stand after being North Upper since it was built.
    Hows thing over there ?
  • Options

Afternoon.
    Hoping to get to The Valley on Saturday, wondering if I should venture into the East Stand after being North Upper since it was built.
    Hows thing over there ?

Much the same as always.
  • Options
    What's happened to MSE7?
  • Options

What's happened to MSE7?

Still being kettled in the back row of A Block