Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Wigan (16/8/14) - Post Match Views.

WSSWSS
edited August 2014 in General Charlton
:-)

Comments

• Options
    Haven't enjoyed a game as much since we ended Huddersfield run.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    WHAT A WIN!! Went absolutely mental when the last one went in.

Pros- gudmundsson looks absolutely brilliant.

Buyens- bossed the midfield today, him and TBH and Bikey look FAN BLADDY TASTIC !!

Obviously the last minute goal against them lot, and Uwe losing it.

Cons- I didn't think our front two done a lot especially George. Also I think jackson needs to be dropped.

All in all had a brilliant day out.
  • Options

Haven't enjoyed a game as much since we ended Huddersfield run.

We ended Uddersfields run?????

Great result.
  • Options
    #BigBobPeetersh
  • Options
    Absolute scenes when that goal went in. Just about deserved it. Get the fook in
  • Options
    That ball hung in the air for a an absolute lifetime!
  • Options
    Buyens and our CB make for a good ball playing and physical spine to team.
  • Options
    This looks a much much better side than we saw this time last year.

I thought Bikey and Buyens were both outstanding today. The back five look solid and I got the feeling that there is plenty of attacking threat even if it didn't show much today.

Good subs by BP. We looked better with Cousins at CM. I think that points the way forward with JJ on the bench.

Plenty of promise for a much better season this time.

Just wish Fulham didn't mess up today!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bollocks, I was going to come up for this and the Derby game as well....
  • Options

WHAT A WIN!! Went absolutely mental when the last one went in.

Pros- gudmundsson looks absolutely brilliant.

Buyens- bossed the midfield today, him and TBH and Bikey look FAN BLADDY TASTIC !!

Obviously the last minute goal against them lot, and Uwe losing it.

Cons- I didn't think our front two done a lot especially George. Also I think jackson needs to be dropped.

All in all had a brilliant day out.

Agree with this really, think we deserved the win, the team looks good so far bit for Tucudean and Jacko, I think Wilson shlild be starting.

But anyway, what a way to win it!
  • Options
    Positives.
    Bikey and Ben Haim. Solid, combative, and looked to bring the ball out.
    Solly. Sollyesque.
    Cousins. Great goal. Plays well wherever he is asked to play.
    Buyers. Looked for the ball and will develop into a good player for us.

Negatives.
    Tucudean.
    Seemed very unsure of what to do in possession. Maybe first home game nerves.
    Wiggins. At fault for their goal and some wasted possession. Did improve as the game went on though.

We certainly look to play it from the back and even our more 'flair' players aren't afraid to put their foot in. Seems a good spirit, although Ben Haim and Bikey look like they want to run things on the pitch.

Already seen some anti Jackson posts. In my mind he is vital to the team at the moment and did nothing wrong today.

Unfortunately some idiots in the lower North who appeared to spit on Carson when we scored the winner. He was an angry man.

Rosler made himself look stupid by trying to take Peeters on at the full time whistle. Think I know who I would back in that fight.

All in all a really good game, the Valley looked decent and how nice to score a deflected goal rather than concede one.
  • Options
    On my way home without reading.
    Firstly nice to win with a deflection. Been missing luck like that for a while.

The end of game midfield would be my preferred line up. Jackson wasn't great today and it allows cousins to play his stronger position. Wonderful goal from him today.

I think George will do well for us. Some lovely touches. He just needs to work on his decision making.

A word for Ben Haim as well. Bikey will rightly get plaudits but Ben Haim was superb today.
  • Options
    My first view of the team and plenty of positives. Great to see us playing on the floor. So much nicer to watch. Concerns over Wiggins who I thought had a mare. Jackson looked lost today. Still early for George but it's obvious he's going to take time to adjust to the physicality. Unconvinced by Henderson but fortunately Wigan never tested him once. Big pluses for me were the two centre backs who were immense. Buyens looks class but would think he needs a centre mid partner. Cousins ?

What happened with Rosler ? I saw Peeters having to be restrained.

• Options
    What a win! Fully deserved in my opinion, had plenty of chances and quality attacking play, also limited a good Wigan side to very few chances (can't remember either hendo or pope making a save).

Love Big Bob's passion, and his comical cartoonish appearance make him even more beautiful. Anyone know why he was going so mad at Rosler at the end ? Saw him trying to get to him with about 3 people holding him back.

ALL of the new players look very promising, including George. Top half finish should be achievable with this squad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fantastic game, back 4 solid, centre halves were immense.

Buyons was absolute class in the middle and I think gudmunssom has real quality, didn't quite fall for igor today, he looked really gutted after the one on one but he will score plenty.

Think we are a just a strike partner for igor away from being a very good side, like George but reckon we need one other

Roll on Tuesday which now in my opinion is almost a 'free hit' against one of the title favourites after that win today
  • Options
    Very happy with this new look team , bikey is gonna end up p.o.y ! Great game , crowd a bit quiete , coyr !!!!!
  • Options
    Saw somebody spit at Carson. Was pathetic. He won poty with us. Move on. Some people's life seems to be centred around the opposition teams goalie.
  • Options
    Fantastic game. Oh a victory feels even better with an injury time goal.

I do worry for Wiggins. He didnt do bad today but he is not the player he used to be and i think its starting to show now and i also feel that he knows it and is getting frustrated too.
  • Options
    Great display Wiggins struggled first half .
    Echo others views rest of defence immense
    For those that wernt there this team is streets ahead of last seasons.
    Even if we had drawn I would have been optimistic however our fighting spirit was excellent.
    Play offs- well we can dream!
    COYRs
  • Options
    Great work by Ben Haim in the run up to the winner - about time we had a deflected winner after being on the wrong end of so many deflections
    Very impressed by Buyens.
    Thoroughly deserved win - Wigan had plenty if possession but no shots apart from goal
  • Options
    Brilliant. Buyens is an absolute class above, really reminds me of Parker the way he plays. JBG, quality! Vetekole was pony until the last 10 but feel theres a lot more to come from him. Solly class, wiggy shite, starting to think Fox should come in. Think we're Delort and a left mid off of playoffs!
  • Options
    Forgot to say... Bikey, absolute class act. Geezer is a beast. Loved it when someone ran at him, trying to wipe him out and just bounced off him and hit the deck!
  • Options
    It's interesting what Bob said about being able to take advantage of the other team tiring because of the bigger pitch. Did that happen today with at the end?