Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(was) Malky Mackay (now just cafc / cpfc squabbling)

Comments

• Options

I know, I was just making the point that I feel for Chris Powell that his good mate Malky was actually a racist sh*t who didn't even have the brains to keep his poisonous opinions to himself.

clutching at straws but it couldve just been moody sending those text messages. Then again there would be guilt through affiliation for mackay.
    The papers say which one of them sent what. They're in as much trouble as each other.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.
    It has been easy for many to paint Vincent Tan as some kind of Bond Villain but it looks as if the bloke is actually quite an impressive person and has had to handle a tricky situation.
    When Mackay left Cardiff, lots of people were quick to line up the goodies and the baddies, but subsequent events are going a long way towards vindicating Vincent Tan.

This^^

It's actually looking like Tan acted in a very decent way towards MM, maybe too decent in fact considering what he'd been up to, by coming up with the over-spending excuse for sacking him rather than the real reasons that are coming to light now.

Not so sure that Tan is the hero here either.

He went after MM and Moody, took a legal case about transfer dealings while at Cardiff which gave him access to documents and computers and while doing that unearthed these emails. Quite rightly he reported that to the FA but there is no suggestion that he knew about these emails or that these two held those views when he sacked them.

If he did know about them at the time then he could and should have said so at the time of MM being sacked. The fact that they were found in a search afterwards suggests he didn't know but we don't know the exact timescales.

IMHO he was trying to get the pair for dodgy transfer dealings ie paying too much or taking bungs but the sweep turned up something different but also damaging.

According to SSN the dossier was given to the FA last week.

Perhaps that was to scuttle MM's prospects at Palace and at the same time unseat Moody but Palace and Cardiff aren't exactly best friends in any case after the "leaked" team line up.

But it could just be a coincidence.

Still it could have been worse. The Palace chairman could have said ""The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and some common sense."
  • Options
    edited August 2014

"We've got to try and make sure we live our lives correctly and stand up to certain incidents when they happen and make sure they get dealt with straight away." (Chris Powell, speaking on racism in 2011)

He's presumably right behind Tan on this one then.

except tan waited til mackay was going to get another job to leak these texts (presuming for a moment tan was the one that leaked them) and submit the dossier. He didn't deal with it straight away.
    The dossier hasn't just been submitted I don't think, it was sent by a law firm after they found the texts and emails during a search of Mackays' home as part of their legal case earlier this year.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

"We've got to try and make sure we live our lives correctly and stand up to certain incidents when they happen and make sure they get dealt with straight away." (Chris Powell, speaking on racism in 2011)

In life it's good to know who your real friends are.

I never liked that pic. One of Mackay's hands is still in his pocket or hip, he didnt embrace powell at all and actually looks uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Still it could have been worse. The Palace chairman could have said ""The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and some common sense."

@Henry Irving Is that a real quote?!
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

Oh yes, but not the current Palace chairman
  • Options

except tan waited til mackay was going to get another job to leak these texts (presuming for a moment tan was the one that leaked them) and submit the dossier. He didn't deal with it straight away.
    His lawyers, Mischon de Reya, have been collecting the evidence, in the process getting authority to search both Mackay and Moody's homes and Moody's office at Palace. This takes time. Maybe Tan submitting a dossier to the FA wa timed, maybe it was coincidence, but does it matter? The Mail story probably was timed as all good scandals are to get maximum attention.

• Options
    MrLargo said:

i dont think so but a former palace chairman/landlord of ours DID say something about Black players not performing when it scold and rainy once ..

i wonder much more embroiled in wrongdoing Palace can become ..thats all i wish for !!

• Options

I know, I was just making the point that I feel for Chris Powell that his good mate Malky was actually a racist sh*t who didn't even have the brains to keep his poisonous opinions to himself.

clutching at straws but it couldve just been moody sending those text messages. Then again there would be guilt through affiliation for mackay.
    I thought they were texting each other in which case Mackay was definately involved.

• Options

MrLargo said:

Oh yes, but not the current Palace chairman
    Just Googled it. Good old Ron. Breathtaking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I thought they were texting each other in which case Mackay was definately involved.

I suppose Moody may have stolen his mate's phone, sent himself texts, and then slipped the phone back into MM's pocket. The defence rests its case, m'lud. :-)
  • Options
    If all those attributed comments are proven to be his then he is completely finished. Good job too. No place for thoughts like those.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.
    It has been easy for many to paint Vincent Tan as some kind of Bond Villain but it looks as if the bloke is actually quite an impressive person and has had to handle a tricky situation.
    When Mackay left Cardiff, lots of people were quick to line up the goodies and the baddies, but subsequent events are going a long way towards vindicating Vincent Tan.

This^^

It's actually looking like Tan acted in a very decent way towards MM, maybe too decent in fact considering what he'd been up to, by coming up with the over-spending excuse for sacking him rather than the real reasons that are coming to light now.

He went after MM and Moody, took a legal case about transfer dealings while at Cardiff which gave him access to documents and computers and while doing that unearthed these emails. Quite rightly he reported that to the FA but there is no suggestion that he knew about these emails or that these two held those views when he sacked them.

If he did know about them at the time then he could and should have said so at the time of MM being sacked. The fact that they were found in a search afterwards suggests he didn't know but we don't know the exact timescales.

IMHO he was trying to get the pair for dodgy transfer dealings ie paying too much or taking bungs but the sweep turned up something different but also damaging.

Perhaps that was to scuttle MM's prospects at Palace and at the same time unseat Moody but Palace and Cardiff aren't exactly best friends in any case after the "leaked" team line up.

It could be worse than that. A group of your teams supporters could be arrested and convicted of singing songs celebrating the death of Steven Lawrence.

Glass houses and stones, Henry.
  • Options

seth plum said:

This^^

It could be worse than that. A group of your teams supporters could be arrested and convicted of singing songs celebrating the death of Steven Lawrence.

Afternoon Nigel.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

seth plum said:

This^^

Afternoon Nigel.
    Afternoon 'Member'. How apt.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Always thought Mackay looked such a nice man.
  • Options
    edited August 2014

True... fair play and deleted... If you can delete yours then thread derailing can hopefully be avoided. You're right so hands up! Solly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But I thought some Lifers stated the other day that using offensive words to mates was OK so I assume that Greenie Jr et al will be saying that they think neither Moody or Mackay have done anything wrong?

In my view expressing these types of views in a (relatively) private context should not be illegal (as opposed to screaming them in abuse to someone likely to be greatly offended which clearly should be illegal in any decent society).

However an employer or potential employer is perfectly entitled to use those 'privately' expressed views as evidence to help build an assessment of someone's character - when the potential role is a high-profile one like football manager, then quite rightly as others have noted he will surely not be employed by a significant club again (unless he can somehow prove he didn't send them or they were taken grotesquely out of context).
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

In life it's good to know who your real friends are.

I never liked that pic. One of Mackay's hands is still in his pocket or hip, he didnt embrace powell at all and actually looks uncomfortable.
    i always thought it was malky being so relieved about securing promotion after all the times cardiff had nearly won promotion before and still running off nervous energy and finding the entire experience surreal. I'd still like to think that's the reason.
  • Options
    'I hope she's looking after your needs. I bet you'd love a bounce on her falsies.'
    Does Malky post on here?
  • Options

In my view expressing these types of views in a (relatively) private context should not be illegal (as opposed to screaming them in abuse to someone likely to be greatly offended which clearly should be illegal in any decent society).

However an employer or potential employer is perfectly entitled to use those 'privately' expressed views as evidence to help build an assessment of someone's character - when the potential role is a high-profile one like football manager, then quite rightly as others have noted he will surely not be employed by a significant club again (unless he can somehow prove he didn't send them or they were taken grotesquely out of context).

Yes I tend to agree and as I said to Curb It above before I deleted my post drawing comparisons between the previous thread and this one was a step too far... The principle of what I said stands but agree that what Mackay and Moody are alleged to have tweeted is a degree apart. So sorry again for derailing!

Two sorrys in one day. That's your lot... :)
  • Options

seth plum said:

Perhaps, one thing for certain, he's not to be f*cked with.

Mackay can't be a racist, Chris Powell is one of his best friends in England...
    Tan looked like he knew nothing about English football but now he's sent out a message to all: 'Don't mess with me'. I agree with Henry that he timed the submission of the dossier. Mackay damaged Tan's public image and now it's Tan's revenge and obviously it has had a much more damaging effect on Mackay, whose management career may be destroyed. (This suddenly looks like an episode from the TV series Suits...)
  • Options

seth plum said:

This^^

Oh look, the palace fan has returned.

Big and significant difference that you have obviously ignored or maybe were not been able to grasp with you palace like brain is that Noades and Moody were OFFICIALS of your club, representing your club, leaders of your club.

While those fans were arrested with active cooperation from Charlton Athletic but you carry on desperately trying to deflect attention away from your own short comings.

The fact that you are shit and will be shit for years, yes, that is reason for one upmanship.
    The lol button is not enough for this comment, and it also beats every comment I have made, I don't normally say this to Nigels but well done and thanks you have brightened up my boring day at work