Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(was) Malky Mackay (now just cafc / cpfc squabbling)

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2014

I'll stand on my club's record as the first to introduce anti-racist Red, White and Black days (before even Kick it Out existed) and the on-going work on social exclusion done down the years by our international award winning Community Trust. Our Club has racist fans, like every club but the Club is actively anti-racist and was long before it was "fashionable" (around the same sort of time that Mr Noades was still the much lauded Chairman of the Glaziers IIRC) .

You have to laugh at the Glazier when he tries to sound like Mr Reasonable but just can't keep it all the way through a post and slips back into "you're shit". Oh dear indeed.

Now it is back to the normal "Feeder club", "you'll be shit for years" jibes. You have a shock coming Matt ov CPFC, the wheel is turning and the natural order of things in South London ie Charlton on top, you and Millwall below is about to return. Might take 2 or 3 years but patience is a virtue.

Interesting that you won't directly respond to the points I have made bout your ill conceived points in your original post.

So, I will ask again, in a condensed manner, should the apparent racism of elements people associated with your club be used as a reason for one upmanship, or should we unite against racism of all forms?

Awaiting...
    again as Matt ov CPFC didn't get it the first time

"I'll stand on my club's record as the first to introduce anti-racist Red, White and Black days (before even Kick it Out existed) and the on-going work on social exclusion done down the years by our international award winning Community Trust. Our Club has racist fans, like every club but they don't all have openly racist chairmen. On the other had Charlton was actively anti-racist long before it was "fashionable" (around the same sort of time that Mr Noades was still the much lauded Chairman of the Glaziers IIRC) . "
  • Options

I'll stand on my club's record as the first to introduce anti-racist Red, White and Black days (before even Kick it Out existed) and the on-going work on social exclusion done down the years by our international award winning Community Trust. Our Club has racist fans, like every club but the Club is actively anti-racist and was long before it was "fashionable" (around the same sort of time that Mr Noades was still the much lauded Chairman of the Glaziers IIRC) .

You have to laugh at the Glazier when he tries to sound like Mr Reasonable but just can't keep it all the way through a post and slips back into "you're shit". Oh dear indeed.

Now it is back to the normal "Feeder club", "you'll be shit for years" jibes. You have a shock coming Matt ov CPFC, the wheel is turning and the natural order of things in South London ie Charlton on top, you and Millwall below is about to return. Might take 2 or 3 years but patience is a virtue.

Interesting that you won't directly respond to the points I have made bout your ill conceived points in your original post.

So, I will ask again, in a condensed manner, should the apparent racism of elements people associated with your club be used as a reason for one upmanship, or should we unite against racism of all forms?

Awaiting...
    Awaiting....? What kind of sorry, spotty, Surrey based fan of a plastic football club says that....oh my mistake.......!
  • Options

I think it's fair game to come onto a rivals forum and have a poke about with a stick. Not so clever when the end you are holding is covered in shit.

That's your opinion. I don't think its so smart to point a shitty stick at opposing fans when the end of the stick you are holding is covered in shit.
  • Options

EastStand said:

and isn't up to Premiership standards.

Oh dear, how on earth did we manage all those years in the premiership I wonder. And with a 3,000 bigger actual capacity that Selhurst too

Matt ov CPFC, the gift that just keeps on giving.
  • Options

EastStand said:

Wow, a Nigel insulting our football ground. I've seen it all.

Glass houses lad.

Your ground isn't as good as you think it is. Yes, you have developed it more recently than us but it looks lop sided, has a weird feel to it and isn't up to Premiership standards.

It feels, like your club, weird, to outsiders.
    Yours, however, is even worse than anyone thinks of it.

I'd take "weird" over "A grimy, joyless place... it's only the other side of London, but could be on the moon. Boasts its own microclimate... it can be sunny and bright as nearby as East Croydon railway station but Selhurst Park is invariably grey, cold and drizzly. The Arthur Wait stand to which away supporters are condemned is shallow and ugly, and both Crystal Palace and the pre-mutation Wimbledon saw fit to charge £20 for entry long before it approached the norm" and "Grey, gloomy, and I've never found a decent pub near the ground, despite many attempts. Too far from the station, whichever one you choose, and too close to Croydon. I suppose we should at least be glad that Croydon itself doesn't have a League team. Just imagine that..." any day.
  • Options
    Matt, I don't usually get into tit for tat posts with fans of other clubs who come on here just for a wind up. And you're no exception.

However, you are embarrassing yourself and your club and the Ultras.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Matt, I don't usually get into tit for tat posts with fans of other clubs who come on here just for a wind up. And you're no exception.

However, you are embarrassing yourself and your club and the Ultras, so carry on.

Fixed it for you.
  • Options

LuckyReds said:

seth plum said:

Vincent Tan changed Cardiff's colours which is obviously a bad thing. He also gave loads of money and got them success.
    It has been easy for many to paint Vincent Tan as some kind of Bond Villain but it looks as if the bloke is actually quite an impressive person and has had to handle a tricky situation.
    When Mackay left Cardiff, lots of people were quick to line up the goodies and the baddies, but subsequent events are going a long way towards vindicating Vincent Tan.

This^^

It's actually looking like Tan acted in a very decent way towards MM, maybe too decent in fact considering what he'd been up to, by coming up with the over-spending excuse for sacking him rather than the real reasons that are coming to light now.

Not so sure that Tan is the hero here either.

He went after MM and Moody, took a legal case about transfer dealings while at Cardiff which gave him access to documents and computers and while doing that unearthed these emails. Quite rightly he reported that to the FA but there is no suggestion that he knew about these emails or that these two held those views when he sacked them.

If he did know about them at the time then he could and should have said so at the time of MM being sacked. The fact that they were found in a search afterwards suggests he didn't know but we don't know the exact timescales.

IMHO he was trying to get the pair for dodgy transfer dealings ie paying too much or taking bungs but the sweep turned up something different but also damaging.

According to SSN the dossier was given to the FA last week.

Perhaps that was to scuttle MM's prospects at Palace and at the same time unseat Moody but Palace and Cardiff aren't exactly best friends in any case after the "leaked" team line up.

But it could just be a coincidence.

Still it could have been worse. The Palace chairman could have said ""The black players at this club lend the side a lot of skill and flair, but you also need white players in there to balance things up and give the team some brains and some common sense."
    It could be worse than that. A group of your teams supporters could be arrested and convicted of singing songs celebrating the death of Steven Lawrence.

Glass houses and stones, Henry.
    Oh look, the palace fan has returned.

Big and significant difference that you have obviously ignored or maybe were not been able to grasp with you palace like brain is that Noades and Moody were OFFICIALS of your club, representing your club, leaders of your club.

While those fans were arrested with active cooperation from Charlton Athletic but you carry on desperately trying to deflect attention away from your own short comings.
    I am not 'desperately trying to deflect attention away from your own shortcomings' as you put it. I was highlighting the hypocrisy of your ill thoughtful and pathetic attempt at one upmanship. You were saying 'Palace racist - Charlton not'. This isn't the case, is it?

Firstly, it appears that Moody made those texts and emails whilst an employee of Cardiff City, not Palace, as they were made to Malky Mackay, who has never been an employee of Palace.

Secondly, I will never defend Ron (RIP) for those offensive comments. How can I? They were offensive and degrading.

Thirdly, we are all ambassadors of our clubs, whether officials, players or fans. We all have to behave in a manner in which befits this. I treat away grounds with respect. I treat most away fans with respect, except for embittered, self righteous no heads like you, who have a major superiority complex and a blind spot towards the disgusting antics a portion of your own kind have been convicted of.

So please tell me, Mr ex-board fans director, how, as you imply in your response, is the singing of songs celebrating the death of Stephen Lawrence more acceptable than anything Ron and Moody did or are accused of doing?

All clubs have a moron element of supporters. I am sure Palace have fans who hold and vocalise racist views. To me, it is not something that should be used as a reason for one upmanship.

The fact that you are shit and will be shit for years, yes, that is reason for one upmanship.
    I was actually agreeing with you until the last sentence; I thought you made some decent points. (Especially about fans being representatives of a club just as much as staff.)

That last sentence though? Just lol.
    Thank you for a reasoned response.

The last sentence was meant to come over as tongue in cheek. I couldn't just sign off with a reasoned response, could? You are shit and will alway be shit.
    Just remember that all form is temporary, you crashingly dull nonentity
  • Options

Move along Matt... go and have hand shandy number 7 of the day to this beauty to calm yourself down...

13 August 1953?
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    @ValleyGary‌ So just remind me what is the collective noun for a group of Nigels like this then?
  • Options
    ^^^ quality
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

matt_himself how much will a proper football ground cost you? Has Mr Parrish got the dosh together yet? Will he save managers wages by getting Mark Goldberg in?

Hello Plums.

We have, even if we get relegated this year, GBP 200m plus. Now your Lego ground, with all its faults (of which there are many), didn't even cost a tenth of that. So you tell me.

On another note, what is it like to be a feeder club? Fun? How does it feel to be part of a haemorrhaging support? Is the Valley Express still going? How is Henry's 'Project 40,000' going? Oh, Charlton, so proud and yet you appear to be wearing no knickers.
    oh where do we begin Matthew.

Who are we a feeder club for? I seem to believe a feeder club means players getting sold to one club in particular. There has not been a single Charlton player moved to standard liege, yet we have signed one of their key central midfielders this summer. We've also had other players like Tucadean and Tal Ben Haim move here... so surely we're the parent club and Liege are the feeder? Also as you rightly pointed out, the financial gains on being promoted to the premier league are huge now, far more than any prize money Liege could ever win.

I think your comment about our ground is well... embarrassing. Don't throw stones in glass houses as they say. Selhurst Park is renowned for its beauty, i forgot. As for crowd sizes... I seem to remember selhurst park was almost always half empty whilst you were in the championship. The premier league attracts lots of plastic fans. Some will stay, others will leave when you get relegated (and make no mistake, that will happen sooner rather than later. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012–13_Crystal_Palace_F.C._season Your average attendance was dwindling badly, only 17,000 for a promotion season?? Shocking.

I know the only reason you're posting here is because currently your club are a bit of an embarrassment, your manager who saved your bacon last season has walked and you can't seem to get any one with a decent reputation wanting to manage your club. I know you're in the premier league and it is richly deserved especially the miracles Pulis achieved. But unfortunately your time in the top flight will come to an end this season and by the looks of our recent results against promotion favourites and the way we've been playing we could well be one of the clubs that replaces you.

Don't worry though Matt, your time in the premier league will come again after this season although by that time I wouldn't be surprised if Charlton had spent a fair while in the top league in the world by that point. So extending this club's record as south london's most successful club.

• Options
    I notice Matt hasn't posted since I put the saucy photo up here... just in case he needs help finishing himself off here's another... you're welcome Nigel no need to thank me...

• Options
    And there was me apologising earlier for potentially dragging the thread off topic :)
  • Options

EastStand said:

Wow, a Nigel insulting our football ground. I've seen it all.

Glass houses lad.

Your ground isn't as good as you think it is. Yes, you have developed it more recently than us but it looks lop sided, has a weird feel to it and isn't up to Premiership standards.

It feels, like your club, weird, to outsiders.
    Matt come on fella ...thats an indefensible comment no the valley isnt the nou -camp but your ground is a pig hole for gods sake

Feeder club ? well the jurys out on that one perhaps we have our very own network of clubs feeding us ?

tell us what happens to all the wonderful youth products palace produce ...they normally go straight to a premiership club dont they ?..(.i emphasise premiership club because you wont be this time next year ) boy reckon you re the feeder club

guess you are feeling a bit low today ,lost the best manager you are ever likely to have,enquiries into the cardiff game,a chairman that likes to interfere ...its all going predictably tits up isnt it ..pass you on the way up as you deservedly disappear into non-league

• Options
    @mattpissedhimeself

You've had your try. Have a pop at Millwall on HOF.
  • Options
    Not sure those pics should be flagged and while I'm not a big fan of "would ya's" they are just what the "would ya" was invented for : - )

Cheers guys, it's been a fun 30 minutes or so. Up the Addicks and back to work