Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(was) Malky Mackay (now just cafc / cpfc squabbling)

123457»

Comments

• Options

PL54 said:

What have I learnt today:

1. HenryIrving will justify 'Palace' racism as worse than 'Charlton' racism despite all racism being abhorrent;
    2. It don't take much to wind you lot up;
    3. You lot still are envious of us and have no natural rivals as I know Millwall think you are a joke.

Goodnight.

Really sadly, I can't argue with any of that.

However the envious bit is only your current league position - other than that you are a total joke - fans and club.

The Evening Shitard tonight is a giggle. Apparently that pit in Croydon is one of the "Premier League's warmest and most atmospheric grounds"
    TBF If it went up in flames all those old stands would burn a treat!
    Dont give them ideas. Its fair bet they have a new for old insurance policy on them.
  • Options

seth plum said:

matt_himself how much will a proper football ground cost you? Has Mr Parrish got the dosh together yet? Will he save managers wages by getting Mark Goldberg in?

Hello Plums.

We have, even if we get relegated this year, GBP 200m plus. Now your Lego ground, with all its faults (of which there are many), didn't even cost a tenth of that. So you tell me.

On another note, what is it like to be a feeder club? Fun? How does it feel to be part of a

1. HenryIrving will justify 'Palace' racism as worse than 'Charlton' racism despite all racism being abhorrent;
    3. You lot still are envious of us and have no natural rivals as I know Millwall think you are a joke.

Goodnight.

Top grammar! "It don't take much to wind you lot up"... I think you mistake envy with laughs at! As in "you lot still laugh at us"

But its good to see you've taken some time out of arts & crafts, knocking up cringe worthy banners for your next home game. Just to visit little old Charlton, who you apparently don't care about
  • Options

PL54 said:

Goodnight.

However the envious bit is only your current league position - other than that you are a total joke - fans and club.

The Evening Shitard tonight is a giggle. Apparently that pit in Croydon is one of the "Premier League's warmest and most atmospheric grounds"
    Dont give them ideas. Its fair bet they have a new for old insurance policy on them.
    They can't get fire insurance on the main stand. It is one of the few remaining Archibald Leitch stand's still used today - none of which can be insured against fire since the Valley Parade disaster.

In England, I think it's just the Bullens Road Stand at Goodison and Johnny Haynes Stand at Craven Cottage that are still standing - but at least they both have some character, unlike Selhurst's 'main stand' which doesn't even cover the full length of the pitch.

• Options
    Addickted said:

PL54 said:

Goodnight.

They can't get fire insurance on the main stand. It is one of the few remaining Archibald Leitch stand's still used today - none of which can be insured against fire since the Valley Parade disaster.

In England, I think it's just the Bullens Road Stand at Goodison and Johnny Haynes Stand at Craven Cottage that are still standing - but at least they both have some character, unlike Selhurst's 'main stand' which doesn't even cover the full length of the pitch.

Doesn't Fratton Park have one too? And isn't the Hillsborough main stand a hybrid? Once read a great book on Lietch with fantastic pics of all the old stands.
  • Options
    ACAC
    edited August 2014

Did we get called a weird, embarrassing club by the supporter of a team that has goal music, cheerleaders and an eagle that flies across the pitch before every game?

Bloody hell..

This was my favourite part!

So much hypocrisy from a spotty palace teenager who can't even make a decent point about our stadium, so reverts to saying it "has weird feel about it". What the f*** kind of point is that? ahaha

Even when henry et al respond to him, he demands they respond to EVERY SINGLE POINT he's made? Again, what the F*** kind of point is that.

Either way, he's clearly here to provoke. So it's best to ignore him; operationpig and all the other deluded w*nker fans out there.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Goodnight.

Sounds like a pot of hot steaming piss.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    What I don't understand matt, is why at this time when your club seems to be going into meltdown, you seem to have time to go on another club's message board and talk total shite.

Isn't there somewhere (I don't know, nigelsonline.co.uk or something) where you and others of similar affliction can discuss things of mutual interest?
  • Options

What I don't understand matt, is why at this time when your club seems to be going into meltdown, you seem to have time to go on another club's message board and talk total shite.

Isn't there somewhere (I don't know, nigelsonline.co.uk or something) where you and others of similar affliction can discuss things of mutual interest?

Do Nigels have any friends...? - Thats why he came on here!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loco said:

I've not read nor do I have time to read the posts on here much as I'd like to. However I'd like to say how alarming I find it that private conversations have become public record through legal process. This in my opinion is a violation of privacy and should never ever be allowed.

I don't know (and can't be bothered to look) at how this information got into the public domain.
    However, an employer, normally, and I don't expect Cardiff would have been different from the norm, would have written into the employment contract that they have the right to access private material available on the firm's equipment. This would include mobile phones. (I rather suspect that football managerial staff would have been loathe to pay for anything themselves and would be using club supplied phones/tablets, etc rather than their own equipment.)

Here's what the Citizens Advice Bureau has to say:

"Your employer can legally monitor your use of the phone, internet, e-mail or fax in the workplace if:

the monitoring relates to the business
    the equipment being monitored is provided partly or wholly for work (my emphasis)
    your employer has made all reasonable efforts to inform you that your communications will be monitored.
    You should bear in mind that these circumstances cover almost every situation where your employer might want to monitor your electronic communications, except where the monitoring is for purely private or spiteful reasons."

So, setting aside the circumstances of this matter, be careful out there guys. If an employer needs an excuse to fire someone, the permanent accessing of sites like Charlton Life (rather than getting on with your work) is likely to provide them with the excuse they need.
  • Options
    I've always worked on that assumption. Work phone and computer for work. My stuff for deviance
  • Options
    Absolutely right about the work phone/tablet/laptop/whatever. I have seen it in action with a girl sacked at my place because she sent herself a spreadsheet she had developed herself several years previously. It included public information about clients and she was only looking to use the formulae in the sheet.

This was only found after she handed her notice in and they did a "sweep" of all her work hardware. Doesn't matter what you delete, they'll find it if they want/need to.

As for the rest of this thread, two of the best responses I have ever seen.

Sorry Matt....

What was that?

Did you call The Valley a Lego ground??

hahahaha

and...did Parish get a 2-for-1 advert deal here???

Didn't imagine that this would be relevant again 12 months later.

• Options
    cafcfan said:

Loco said:

I've not read nor do I have time to read the posts on here much as I'd like to. However I'd like to say how alarming I find it that private conversations have become public record through legal process. This in my opinion is a violation of privacy and should never ever be allowed.

I don't know (and can't be bothered to look) at how this information got into the public domain.
    However, an employer, normally, and I don't expect Cardiff would have been different from the norm, would have written into the employment contract that they have the right to access private material available on the firm's equipment. This would include mobile phones. (I rather suspect that football managerial staff would have been loathe to pay for anything themselves and would be using club supplied phones/tablets, etc rather than their own equipment.)

Here's what the Citizens Advice Bureau has to say:

"Your employer can legally monitor your use of the phone, internet, e-mail or fax in the workplace if:

the monitoring relates to the business
    the equipment being monitored is provided partly or wholly for work (my emphasis)
    your employer has made all reasonable efforts to inform you that your communications will be monitored.
    You should bear in mind that these circumstances cover almost every situation where your employer might want to monitor your electronic communications, except where the monitoring is for purely private or spiteful reasons."

So, setting aside the circumstances of this matter, be careful out there guys. If an employer needs an excuse to fire someone, the permanent accessing of sites like Charlton Life (rather than getting on with your work) is likely to provide them with the excuse they need.
    Do you know what? I never even considered use of company equipment and your right, if it was it puts a new dimension to it. However, the material was found after he had left and items such as phones and computers were removed from his house by court order. That neither dismisses or confirms what you've assumed there but, I'd say your probably right. I still think it stinks of an invasion of privacy, to me they are private conversations and while an employer may monitor as you've said above, publication is something else entirely.

I've had to rush that to catch a flight sorry for the poor grammar :-) right where's the sun cream
  • Options
    edited August 2014

Goodnight.

So @Matt_himself how excited are you that Warnock is the man chosen